Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 04:05:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: Is "Blood Bowl Dark Elves Edition" a stand alone edition? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Is "Blood Bowl Dark Elves Edition" a stand alone edition?  (Read 4646 times)
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

on: January 24, 2011, 12:47:37 PM

Blood Bowl Dark Elves Edition

Was thinking about picking up 4 copies.

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #1 on: January 24, 2011, 12:48:44 PM

Blood Bowl Dark Elves Edition

Was thinking about picking up 4 copies.

It is, but that is the older game with less teams and LRB 5 rules instead of LRB 6. The game is much, much better with the newer rules and more teams.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: January 24, 2011, 12:49:50 PM

its also way more money. Thanks for the info though!

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #3 on: January 24, 2011, 12:57:48 PM

Bloodworth, the biggest difference is that you can't play with 80% of the BB population at the moment. Basically, with Dark Elves edition you can only play with people with Dark Elves edition, and that is a dying breed (way harder to find an opponent and get an online game going). Not to mention you can't play with any of us cause even if some of us actually had DE Edition, I am pretty sure no one has a double installation (they are two different clients). So yeah. less expensive cause it's a discontinued product.

If you want 4 copies for 4 real life friends, then sure you are gonna have fun no matter what.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2011, 12:59:47 PM by Falconeer »

Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: January 24, 2011, 01:02:37 PM

If you want 4 copies for 4 real life friends, then sure you are gonna have fun no matter what.

Thats what I'm doing, if at some point we like it and want more, we get 33% off.  Perhaps we can graduate to join your ranks.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2011, 01:04:16 PM by Mrbloodworth »

eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: January 24, 2011, 01:05:36 PM

Thats what I'm doing, if at some point we like it and want more, we get 33% off.  Perhaps we can graduate to join your ranks.

Exactly - it's pretty much the demo version at this point, since the discount equals the dark elf purchase price.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #6 on: January 24, 2011, 01:06:06 PM

I actually have both versions installed on my work machine because I bought DE edition for a buddy of mine at work when it was on sale for $5.

Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #7 on: January 24, 2011, 01:08:41 PM

As you probably noticed, or you will by reading a few posts around here, Blood Bowl fun comes 49% from the actual game and 51% from League play. It can't be stressed enough how much of it is about the metagame. It can sound like a turnoff, but actually it's the insane strength and longevity of the game. It's potentially endless fun. And I still have to find someone who have been playing in an active League like ours and ended up not having a blast (actually, if anyone here feels like that, it's time to come out of the closet so we can bash your team to pieces and give you a good reason to quit).

I am not saying you should play our League. But if you get 4 friends into it, do NOT play random matches, just make a 4 players League with double round robin and make the game breath, expand and conquer your soul.

NiX
Wiki Admin

Locomotive Pandamonium

Reply #8 on: January 24, 2011, 07:35:43 PM

(actually, if anyone here feels like that, it's time to come out of the closet so we can bash your team to pieces and give you a good reason to quit).

Ohhhhh, I see.
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #9 on: January 24, 2011, 09:13:45 PM

(actually, if anyone here feels like that, it's time to come out of the closet so we can bash your team to pieces and give you a good reason to quit).

Ohhhhh, I see.

Ohhhhh, I see.
Llyse
Terracotta Army

Calvin and Hobbes are back to maul the fuck outta you.

Reply #10 on: January 24, 2011, 09:24:47 PM

ACK!

That sux to hear Sky but if you're not enjoying the ups then a bad run of luck is pretty frustrating.

I'm sure you're not that bad at all though and proudft played last season...
Megrim
Terracotta Army

Whenever an opponent discards a card, Megrim deals 2 damage to that player.

Reply #11 on: January 24, 2011, 09:48:04 PM

Haha, oh wow.

Then again I did send avaia a link to the Necromantic S&T thread, and he was all like "awww, I got to to l2p /sadface".

One must bow to offer aid to a fallen man - The Tao of Shinsei.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: Is "Blood Bowl Dark Elves Edition" a stand alone edition?  
Jump to: