Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 07:12:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: Regular Season Predictions 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Regular Season Predictions  (Read 13467 times)
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

on: January 23, 2011, 06:02:48 PM

Well week 2 kind of screwed me, Morsel should have ended up with the draw I predicted and I should have got the win. If you can't land predictions of your own division that you scout closely who can you count on? Also I missed some of the easier games to pick as they were played so early. So this week I'm trying to get my picks out before anyone can play.

Current Record 15-12

Week 2 Predictions:
I feel like watching some of these replays how do I go about that?

Figured that out, had to mess with adding a button and then use the league selected via drop down.

For those wondering about last week's predictions Lameros went 8-8 and I went 10-6 (I hit on my most lopsided victory but missed on my upset special of Falc losing). My picks for what is left of this week are upcoming.

Here are my picks for week 2, sorry for missing so many games:

Battletech:
Negative Capability over Fiesta

Orient:
North by Northwest all over Beetles *My pick for most lopsided of the week (AGAIN!), he has no Throw Ra  awesome, for real*
Catfighters over Gut Spillers
Wildcards over Hackers ***UPSET SPECIAL***

Stormbringer:
Morsel draw Snoosnoo
Silver Horde over Wrestlers
Nifty Helmets draw Offsidhes *my pick for someone dies in this game!*
I win as usual, in fact I may end up killing a few of his skinks for good measure! ere we  go ere we go ere we go... *ahem* back to the picks.

Twilight2000:
Bell Jar over Swedgins
Rat Country over Strongmen
Dandies draw Harbingers

Games of the week:
-Spleen Flay Hackers versus Wildcards: in an all evil elf affair. Both teams come in a little banged up but should expect no respite in a pivotal match in Orient Division, can one team take the win and become an early playoff favorite?
-Nifty Helmets versus Offsidhes: talk about two teams that are damaged goods after week one. Can their coaches keep the remaining roster alive? Will they play more cautiously or with even more reckless abandon?
-North by Northwest versus Beetles: doesn't everyone want to watch a game where the Khemri have no Throw-Ra? I know I do.
-Dandies versus Harbingers: in our you don't see that every day department we have humans versus the forces of decay. I'm thinking that one of the big men is going to get jacked up in this match but it will be interesting to see if the humans use their legendary flexibility and switch to a passing attack against a team whose defense can be tough to break down.

Picks so far this season 10-6

Week 1 predictions:
My picks are as follows.

Battletech:
-Fleshwound and Beardstorm draw
-Rape of Skabine over Negative Capability
-7 Deadly over Fiesta
-Alive not Dead over Hippies ***My pick for most blood spilled this week!

Orient:
-North by Northwest and Gut Spillers draw.
-Wildcards over Beetles ***My pick for most lopsided victory
-Catfighters over Bashtards
-Hackers over Peace Dogs

Stormbringer:
-Snoosnoo over Nifty Helmets
-I'm going to win every week
-Burninluv and Morsel draw
-Silver Horde over Offsidhes

Twilight2000:
-Dandies over Bell Jar ***Upset Special
-Diplomatic Immunity over Strongman
-Necco Waivers over Swedgins
-Rat Country over Harbingers
« Last Edit: January 23, 2011, 06:06:32 PM by Hoax »

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #1 on: January 23, 2011, 06:25:01 PM

Week 3 picks:

Battletech Division:
Beardstorm draw with Alive not Dead
Hippies over Fiesta
Negative Capability over 7 Deadly
Skabine draw with Flesh Wound

Orient Division:
Hackers over North by Northwest
Catfighters over Peace Dogs
Beetles draw with Bashtards
Wildcards over Gutspillers

Stormbringer Division:
Snoosnoo over Wrestlers
Morsel over Nifty Helmets
Scarlet and Grey over Silver Horde ***UPSET SPECIAL*** (fuck yeah I bet on myself, what of it?)
Burninluv over Offsidhes

Twilight2000:
Waivers over Bell Jar
Diplomatic Immunity over Harbingers
Rat Country over Dandies
Strongman draw with Swedgins
« Last Edit: January 23, 2011, 06:27:23 PM by Hoax »

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
Llyse
Terracotta Army

Calvin and Hobbes are back to maul the fuck outta you.

Reply #2 on: January 23, 2011, 06:35:38 PM

Week 3 picks:

Battletech Division:
Alive not Dead of course vs beardies
Hippies over Fiesta - Didn't expect 7-0 though..  ACK!
Negative Capability over 7 Deadly Boo, a Draw is like kissing your sister..
Skabine over Flesh Wound Lamaros fires up after a slow start

Orient Division:
North by Northwest over Hackers - Totally didn't see this coming, Season 3 might be Dark Elftime...
Bashtards over Beetles (No-ra you lose la) - Same again here, proudft is doing great after losing an early Throw-ra...
Catfighters over Peace Dogs - Hard fought match by Haemish (go the underdog!)

Stormbringer Division:
Snoosnoo over Wrestlers - Great draw by Reborne to liven things up!
Morsel over Nifty Helmets - Megrim's first win of the season is a hard fought 1-0!
Scarlet and Grey over Silver Horde - Another draw between New Orc and Old Norse
Burninluv over Offsidhes - Kail showing his Elves aren't just DBZ characters and actually winning as well as looking funky!  DRILLING AND WOMANLINESS

Twilight2000:
Waivers over Bell Jar - Two heavyweights fight out and stumble to the floor together
Diplomatic Immunity over Harbingers - David and Goliath...
Rat Country over Dandies - I have got to stop betting on the Skaven teams, that and Ruvaldt has the worst luck. Finally Bann is doing human supporters proud!
Strongman over Swedgins - No comment
« Last Edit: February 06, 2011, 02:47:09 PM by Llyse »
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: January 23, 2011, 06:52:06 PM

Week 3 picks:

Battletech Division:
Beardstorm draw with Alive not Dead
Fiesta over Hippies
Negative Capability over 7 Deadly

Orient Division:
Hackers draw with North by Northwest
Beetles over Bashtards

Stormbringer Division:
Snoosnoo over Wrestlers
Silver Horde over Scarlet and Grey
Burninluv over Offsidhes

Twilight2000:
Bell Jar over Waivers
Diplomatic Immunity draw with Harbingers
Rat Country over Dandies
Strongman over Swedgins
« Last Edit: February 03, 2011, 04:02:43 PM by lamaros »
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #4 on: January 23, 2011, 07:02:14 PM

My picks for week 3.  This is a pretty exciting week.  I think Waivers v. Bell Jar is going to be a highlight, but I see a lot here worth watching.

Battletech Division:
Alive not Dead over Beardstorm (I pray)
Hippies over Fiesta
7 Deadly over Negative Capability
Skabine over Flesh Wound...I think Skabine is due

Orient Division:
North by Northwest over Hackers
Bashtards over Beetles

Stormbringer Division:
Snoosnoo ties with Wrestlers
Scarlet and Grey over Silver Horde
Burninluv ties with Offsidhes

Twilight2000:
Waivers over Bell Jar (Please?)
Strongman ties with Swedgins

I won't predict my own match; I still haven't watched the Dandies' replays yet, but will be tomorrow.

8 right, 7 wrong.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2011, 08:17:27 AM by Ruvaldt »

"For a long time now I have tried simply to write the best I can. Sometimes I have good luck and write better than I can." - Ernest Hemingway
Megrim
Terracotta Army

Whenever an opponent discards a card, Megrim deals 2 damage to that player.

Reply #5 on: January 23, 2011, 08:37:14 PM

God, stop tipping me. I haven't won a game this season yet.

One must bow to offer aid to a fallen man - The Tao of Shinsei.
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #6 on: January 24, 2011, 01:39:18 AM

Battletech Division:
Alive not Dead over Beardstorm!
Hippies over Fiesta  
Negative Capability draw with 7 Deadly
Skabine over Flesh Wound

Orient Division:
Hackers over North by Northwest
Bashtards over Beetles

Stormbringer Division:
Snoosnoo over Wrestlers
Silver Horde draw with Scarlet and Grey
Offsidhes over Burninluv  

Twilight2000:
Bell Jar over Waivers
Rat Country over Dandies
Strongman draw with Swedgins

1 / 1      so far
« Last Edit: January 24, 2011, 07:02:16 AM by Falconeer »

IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #7 on: January 24, 2011, 02:34:15 AM

My Day 3 predictions.

Battletech Division:
Beardstorm to beat Alive Not Dead in a 1-0 grindfest - I got the score right but the result was the other way around.
Hippies to beat Undread Fiesta - Correct, 7-0 thrashing.
7 Deadly over Negative Capability - Wrong, it was a draw.
Merely a Flesh Wound to beat Rape of Skabine - Wrong, 3-0 to the Skaven.

Orient Division:
Norse by Norsewest to draw with Hackers. 1-1 - Very happy to get this one wrong. 2-0 to me!
Catfighters to murder Peace Dogs 4-0 - Catfighters won but only 2-0
Bashtards over Beetles - Wrong.
Wildcards over Gutspillers - AndyDavo only has half a team but I think he'll run circles around the Undead - Correct!

Stormbringer Division:
Snoosnoo to beat Wrestlers 3-0 - I was way off here. 1-1 draw in the end.
Helmets to beat Morsel - Wrong!
Scarlet and Grey over Silver Horde - this is my pick for Match of the Day. - 1-1 Draw
Burninluv to beat Offsidhes - Wrong, 3-0 to Offsidhes.

Twilight2000:
Bell Jar to beat the Waivers in a close game that Falc almost throws away in some hilarious manner - Close, Falc managed to actually throw away the win and got out with a draw.
Diplomatic Immunity over Harbingers - Correct!
Strongman to beat Swedgins - Correct!
Rat Country to beat Dandies - Wrong!

I think the best matches to watch will be in Stormbringer - Ramas v Hoax and Drogg v Kailas should be very close games on previous form.

Edit: 5/16 right. Holy shit I'm bad at predictions.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2011, 01:38:13 PM by IainC »

- And in stranger Iains, even Death may die -

SerialForeigner Photography.
Llyse
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: January 24, 2011, 04:49:54 AM

So close Iain but I won that 1-0 grindfest  DRILLING AND MANLINESS
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #9 on: January 24, 2011, 04:58:16 AM

I had faith in ya, Llyse.

"For a long time now I have tried simply to write the best I can. Sometimes I have good luck and write better than I can." - Ernest Hemingway
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #10 on: January 24, 2011, 06:28:40 AM

I think ya'll are nuts-ra.
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #11 on: January 29, 2011, 05:22:27 PM

Going to pre-empt things here with Week 4 predictions. I may amend a few before the next week starts once the final few AARs are posted and we see what state the teams are in but, based on previous form and my own slightly less than infallible gut, here are my predictions.

Battletech
Beardstorm vs Hippies - Both teams have had uneven form so far. I predict that the Elves will play around the Dwarf defence and win. - Nope, Dwarfs won 2-1.
7 Deadly vs Alive Not Dead - Catfud is the favourite going in unbeaten but the lizards are a solid team. A draw - Convincing 3-0 victory for Alive Not Dead.
Rape of Skabine vs Undread Fiesta - The Undead are dead last with no points scored. I predict that this will not be the game that elevates them. Win for the Skaven. - Correct due to Nix retiring from the league
Merely a Fleshwound vs Negative Capability - Upset of the group. Fleshwound to beat Negative Capability in a close match. - Game was close but NC came away with the win.

Orient
Wishmaster's Wildcards vs North by Northwest - AndyDavo's team will have recovered somewhat but hopefully the Norse will be fired up to murder any Dark Elves they can get their hands on. Close game but I predict the Wildcards to win. - 1-0 to the WIldcards
Gut Spillers vs Bashtards - Rookie throwdown, could go either way but I pick Sky to come away with the points. - 1-0 to the Spillers
Burrowing Beetles vs Peace Dogs - I'd like to root for the Peace Dogs but I think this will be a convincing victory for the Beetles. - Correct 2-0 to the Beetles.
F13 Catfighters vs Spleen Flay Hackers - This game will be a pivotal match for the playoffs. Comstar's ability to actually pay attention and not do stupid shit will probably trump my random clicking. 2-1 to the Amazons. - 2-1 to the Dark Elves!

Stormbringer
Team Snoosnoo vs Offsidhes - Snoosnoo are the favourites and I don't expect them to be seriously troubled by the Elves. 3-0 to the Orcs. - Orcs win but in a closer game than predicted.
Silver Horde FC vs Hunqua Hunqua Burninluv - The Norse go in with a massive TV advantage and I don't see the Lizards breaking that down. Grindy but inevitable win for the Horde (see what I did there?). - Scoreless draw
Morsel vs Scarlet and Grey - another massive TV difference but I think that results speak for themselves. Hoax to win a close game. - Megrim won.
Reborne's Wrestlers vs Nifty Helmets - Bottom of the table rumble. Hard to call but I think I'll root for the Ogres. - 2-2 draw

Twilight 2000
Rat Country vs Bell Jar United - The Skaven will have a lot of inducements in this match and both sides will take a lot of casualties. I predict that the Amazons will collect the points though. - Correct, 2-0 to Falc.
Undead Swedgins vs Harbingers of Homeopathy - Another scramble at the bottom of the table. Neither team has any points so far but that has to change. Sir T to win despite himself. - Nope, 4-0 to the Undead
Strongman vs Necco Waivers - two teams with almost identical records but I think the experience of the Waivers will carry them through. - Nope, 2-0 to the Orcs.
The Dandies vs Diplomatic Immunity - another pivotal playoff match. Betting against Strazos is a bold move so I'll take the safe bet and say 2-1 to the Norse. - Spot on, score and winner correct!

Bear in mind my batting average was pretty bad last week so if I've called the match against you then you should feel reasonably confident going in.

Games to watch:
Wildcards vs North by Northwest. There will be a lot of blood in this game, the Norse will be trying to revenge themselves on anything Elf shaped and the Wishmasters have to win if they want to keep a playoff spot in sight.
Beardstorm vs Hippies. Both have experienced coaches and diametrically opposite match tactics. If the Dwarfs can hold the ball, the Elves will never get it off them, however the Elves have shown that they are extremely good at moving the ball around and sending opponents the wrong way. If they are allowed to play like that then the Dwarfs will be lucky to even be on the same pitch as the ball. Dead Elves can't catch anything though...
Rat Country vs Bell Jar. Falc knows what he is doing and has the better team, Ruvaldt will have a lot of gold to spend though and not even Amazon blitzers can dodge lightning bolts.

6/16 in total, marginally better than last week but still bad.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2011, 11:36:21 PM by IainC »

- And in stranger Iains, even Death may die -

SerialForeigner Photography.
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #12 on: February 03, 2011, 08:46:18 AM

Well, I was 8 - 7 with the last batch, so not bad, but hopefully I can improve.  This week looks particularly exciting.  I see at least 6 games that I'd like to watch, and perhaps more depending upon how they turn out.

Battletech
Hazardous Hippies over Beardstorm - It's just going to be too difficult for Beardstorm to outscore the Hippies, I think.  Unless Nuffle decides that Teleku's team needs a sizable culling, I don't see the Hippies losing this one.
Alive not Dead over 7 Deadly - I'll probably watch this replay as it seems like a curious match-up.
Rape of Skabine over Undead Fiesta
Merely a Fleshwound draws with Negative Capability

Cthulhu
The Wishmasters Wildcards draws with North by Northwest - I am loathe to bet against either one at this point so I'm betting on a draw.  I'll probably tune in to this one as well.
Gut Spillers draws with Bashtards - This one could go either way, I think, and Nuffle could pick the winner.
Burrowing Beetles over Peace Dogs - The Khemri have surprised the hell out of me doing very well without their Thro-Ra.  I've decided to not bet against them because I think this game will turn into a brawl and Proudft has shown already that he's got no problem winning those.
F13 Catfighters over Spleen Flay Hackers - Huge game.  My money is on the Catfighters.

Stormbringer - This division is ridiculously difficult for me to predict for some reason.  I may as well just draw their names out of a hat.
Team Snoosnoo over Offsidhes
Silver Horde over Burninluv
Morsel draws with Scarlet and Grey
Nifty Helmets over Wrestlers

Twilight 2000
Undeadwood Swedgins draws with Homeopathy - I can't decide so I'll split the difference and pray that they both just manage to bash a TD in or maybe none at all.
Necco Waivers over Strongman - This is a big game in the division, and one I am eager to see resolved.  I think the Waivers will pull off a victory here, but it'll be close.
Diplomatic Immunity over The Dandies - This one could be close as well, but I'm betting on Strazos and his blodgey Norse against the hummies.

4 - 6.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2011, 05:39:22 PM by Ruvaldt »

proudft
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: February 03, 2011, 08:51:03 AM

Burrowing Beetles over Peace Dogs - The Khemri have surprised the hell out of me doing very well without their Thro-Ra. 

Hey, I have a Thro-Ra again!  Well, for now.
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #14 on: February 03, 2011, 09:26:34 AM

He had a merc thro-ra in my game. People shouldn't be allowed inducements against me :p
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #15 on: February 03, 2011, 09:28:21 AM

He had a merc thro-ra in my game. People shouldn't be allowed inducements against me :p

If you're under 11 active players they give you bonus ones inducements or not, so that might have been it.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Celer
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: February 03, 2011, 10:06:19 AM

I guarantee either the Swedgins or Homeopathy will score their first TD this week.  Because if nobody scores in the first half, the Swedgins are going to get restless...
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #17 on: February 03, 2011, 11:43:16 AM

If you're under 11 active players they give you bonus ones inducements or not, so that might have been it.
You only get merc linemen.  Had to have been from inducements.
Hazardous Hippies over Beardstorm - It's just going to be too difficult for Beardstorm to outscore the Hippies, I think.  Unless Nuffle decides that Teleku's team needs a sizable culling, I don't see the Hippies losing this one.
Um, yeah, careful.  It wouldn't be the first time that happened.

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: February 03, 2011, 11:44:19 AM

I guess Khemri linemen are cheap enough that if he had multiple injuries his TV would still have been driven low enough to hire a temp.

proudft
Terracotta Army

Reply #19 on: February 03, 2011, 11:53:29 AM

Yeah, my TV was pretty low.  I got one or two free skeletons, and hired a mercenary thro-ra.
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #20 on: February 03, 2011, 01:51:06 PM

Ugh 6 - 10 Week 3...

-William Gibson
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #21 on: February 03, 2011, 03:31:58 PM

Oops.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2011, 08:47:37 PM by lamaros »
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #22 on: February 03, 2011, 03:52:11 PM

One thing you should know when predicting my match vs. Ruvaldt, his team has 2 players sidelined for injuries, one of them being his best gutter runner.

Megrim
Terracotta Army

Whenever an opponent discards a card, Megrim deals 2 damage to that player.

Reply #23 on: February 03, 2011, 03:58:27 PM

You should sideline all the rest.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

One must bow to offer aid to a fallen man - The Tao of Shinsei.
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #24 on: February 03, 2011, 04:10:40 PM

That's the gameplan.
Mary and Virginia didn't enjoy the long break. They don't play Blood Bowl to pay the bills, they are in it for the blood..

Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #25 on: February 03, 2011, 04:43:30 PM

Not commenting on ho my game w Celer will go (as I genuinely have no idea) but I thought I'd let the predictors know I have a level 2 Beast of Nurgle now with Stand Firm as a new skill, so its harder to push aside. Looking forward to seeing how that works in the field.

Hic sunt dracones.
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #26 on: February 03, 2011, 05:07:36 PM

I love the nurglers, but I am curious about the Stand Firm skill, is it really worth it for a beast that is not going down much anyway? And does it have block already?

Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #27 on: February 03, 2011, 05:15:43 PM

Yeah, I bought a new GR to cover for the one injured, but I'm still out an experienced blitzer with wrestle.  I'll be getting some nice inducements, but other than that, I am not hopeful.  Still, I'll fight like hell as usual.

Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #28 on: February 03, 2011, 05:18:43 PM

I love the nurglers, but I am curious about the Stand Firm skill, is it really worth it for a beast that is not going down much anyway? And does it have block already?

Nope. Block is a doubles skill for the Beast so its rare. Stand Firm is a good one for it as it allows it to pin people with its tentacles more reliably, as it cant be pushed back and once you have its Aura in place its staying there.

From what I read anyway  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Hic sunt dracones.
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #29 on: February 03, 2011, 05:20:49 PM

Yeah I think stand firm is a good option.
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #30 on: February 03, 2011, 05:27:56 PM

Stand Firm is also the first I would get.  The only contender might be guard.  Maybe grab.

Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #31 on: February 03, 2011, 05:29:44 PM

Break tackle is also handy on a beast at times. Not before the other 2 though.

Kalle
Terracotta Army

Reply #32 on: February 04, 2011, 12:48:44 AM

Block is naturally top priority for the beast but I would take Break Tackle on it as a first skill any time I didn't roll doubles. Stand Firm second, Guard third.

Why? Because a Beast needs to be tying up as many players as possible to be effective. It is the ultimate roadblock and usually it does it's best work without either blocking or blitzing. But to fill that task you need to be able to move him around. Without Break Tackle you'll often find your beast tied up by a single lineman while the action has moved to another area of the pitch. Sure, you could block him. But you don't have Block as a rule so it's somewhat risky and even if you're successful you're no closer to being where you're most useful. Break Tackle will let you put your Beast right where it will hurt your opponent most, every turn (when he's not Stupid).

Stand Firm is a great secondary skill because it will keep your Beast from getting pushed away but being able to move around the pitch freely is better.

Guard. Well, you have four ST4 players and four players with Horns already, all of them with Strength skill access. You can fill that role in other ways. What you can't do easily is get another ST5 player with Tentacles.
Llyse
Terracotta Army

Reply #33 on: February 06, 2011, 02:51:41 PM

Updated my Day 3 predictions post and will be posting Day 5 predictions shortly...  awesome, for real
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #34 on: February 06, 2011, 03:40:30 PM

Don't tip yourself unless you want to be disappointed!
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: Regular Season Predictions  
Jump to: