Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 17, 2024, 01:40:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: 2011 College Football 0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 36 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2011 College Football  (Read 219798 times)
ghost
The Dentist

Reply #385 on: August 31, 2011, 11:17:26 AM

Do you have actual information, binary, or is this just wishful thinking?

A&M is just signing up for an ass-kicking. I'm not sure their fans are going to like it.

I think that they will actually get a nice boost in recruiting Texas.  A lot of those kids would love to play in the SEC, and they might even steal some good ones from LSU.
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #386 on: August 31, 2011, 11:27:27 AM

I think that they will actually get a nice boost in recruiting Texas.  A lot of those kids would love to play in the SEC, and they might even steal some good ones from LSU.

ACK!

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #387 on: August 31, 2011, 11:43:31 AM

A&M is just signing up for an ass-kicking. I'm not sure their fans are going to like it.

I think that they will actually get a nice boost in recruiting Texas.  A lot of those kids would love to play in the SEC, and they might even steal some good ones from LSU.

Nobody in Texas worries over going to Alabama, LSU, or A&M. They worry over going to Texas, Alabama, or LSU. This doesn't change that. A&M will compete with recruits from Arkansas and Ole Miss.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
ghost
The Dentist

Reply #388 on: August 31, 2011, 11:45:15 AM

Nobody in Texas worries over going to Alabama, LSU, or A&M. They worry over going to Texas, Alabama, or LSU.

This will absolutely help TAMU in head-to-head recruiting battles versus Texas and will help versus LSU.
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #389 on: August 31, 2011, 11:52:07 AM

I think you are giving them too much credit. You know where their starting QB was getting offers from when he was thinking about schools? UTEP, Houston, TCU, A&M, Tulsa, and NM State.

ghost
The Dentist

Reply #390 on: August 31, 2011, 11:54:28 AM

Look, I hate Aggie.  With a passion.  But this will help them against UT because it's going to separate them into a better conference.  I'm not saying that they will get the best of UT in overall recruiting battles, but the gap will be closed and they will get some kids that they otherwise wouldn't have.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2011, 12:14:02 PM by ghost »
Terracotta Army

Reply #391 on: August 31, 2011, 12:26:44 PM

Can we all just agree that Texas and Oklahoma can just get bent?

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
ghost
The Dentist

Reply #392 on: August 31, 2011, 12:33:24 PM

Can we all just agree that Texas and Oklahoma can just get bent?

I'm a Longhorn fan.  I have season tickets to the games.  I can agree with the Oklahoma part of this statement. 
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #393 on: August 31, 2011, 01:52:24 PM

I had no ill will towards the Longhorns previously.

HOWEVER...

This TV deal they cut makes me sick. I hope they get their heads kicked in, repeatedly, for as long as it takes for that network to be driven into a complete clusterfucking failure.

Now, you may say, but Paelos? Why u mad, bro? To that I say, when one team makes a deal that sets itself outside of the conference or league you play in, that's a horrible thing. It's anti-competition and it smacks of superiority. The worst case scenario is that if it succeeds, you'll see someone else like Ohio State try to pull that crap in the future.

ghost
The Dentist

Reply #394 on: August 31, 2011, 02:00:37 PM

It will only work for a little while and only for certain teams.  Once every big school has their own network it will dilute everything out and won't be a big deal. 
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #395 on: August 31, 2011, 02:03:04 PM

It will only work for a little while and only for certain teams.  Once every big school has their own network it will dilute everything out and won't be a big deal. 

See, there's my problem. You shouldn't have your own network. That makes no sense. Nobody should because it's not about the team. It's about the conferences and their play.

Example, the major sports have networks, but the Dallas Cowboys don't have a network. That would be insane and give them ridiculous income apart from the other teams.

ghost
The Dentist

Reply #396 on: August 31, 2011, 02:14:23 PM

As media gets cheaper and easier to put out you will see this more and more.  Of course it's elitist.  That is what UT is all about.  You know that-  you used to live here.  I just don't see it as something to get all bent out of shape about.  You know Mike Adams has his eye on this and would do it if he could get away with it.  Of course this never would have happened if the Big 12 was worth a shit and I suspect that if the Horns get forced into heading to the Pac 12 they won't be allowed to have it any more, at least in its current format. 

As an aside, I think it would be very cool to see a Pac 12 expansion of UT, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State and Texas Tech and lump them in with the Arizona Schools and possibly USC/UCLA. 
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #397 on: August 31, 2011, 02:27:29 PM

I'm aware. You can't do it though and survive. You can't try to distance yourself and go independent because the other big boys will tell you to go fuck yourself. The only reason ND gets away with it today is because they pulled this move in 1991 with a major network who was getting fucked by all the other networks in TV coverage. In today's world of conferences making the plays and the BCS becoming a bigger factor, it's a bad idea.

Trippy
Administrator

Reply #398 on: August 31, 2011, 03:11:32 PM

Example, the major sports have networks, but the Dallas Cowboys don't have a network. That would be insane and give them ridiculous income apart from the other teams.
The Yankees do though* awesome, for real

* Technically the parent company owns both
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #399 on: August 31, 2011, 03:13:28 PM

Yes baseball is a little different because of some agreements with local coverage, and the TBS and WGN stuff.

Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Possibly the only user with more posts in the Den than PC/Console Gaming.

Reply #400 on: August 31, 2011, 09:40:52 PM

No expansion of the PAC-12! We just got here dammit.  Plus, I want my roadies to be to the coastal states not BFE Texas and Oklahoma.

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
Terracotta Army

Reply #401 on: September 01, 2011, 04:14:39 AM

Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #402 on: September 01, 2011, 05:33:11 AM

The thing that makes me boggle about this A&M leaving the Big 12 thing is that a huge part of the reason that most people figured kept Texas from being the 12th BigTen member instead of Nebraska was their (Texas's) insistence that anywhere they went would have to include A&M coming along.

Now A&M decides they are going off on their own and no one mentions that "OMG you can't have the Longhorns and the Aggies in different conferences!"

'Reality' is the only word in the language that should always be used in quotes.
ghost
The Dentist

Reply #403 on: September 01, 2011, 07:05:55 AM

No expansion of the PAC-12! We just got here dammit.  Plus, I want my roadies to be to the coastal states not BFE Texas and Oklahoma.

The way it would split would still have that, I would assume.  They will lump UT and OU in with the Arizonas and possibly Colorado.  

Edit:  I've been reading on a few websites that Louisville may be TAMU's counterpart to join the SEC.  That would be a shitty choice.   ACK!
« Last Edit: September 01, 2011, 08:30:35 AM by ghost »
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #404 on: September 01, 2011, 10:43:22 AM

Wherever they stick colorado, they will put utah as it is our traveling partner. The scenarios are either a east west split of eight teams in which case utah will be in with ok and tx, or a four "pod"system in which case it will be ut, co, az, and asu.

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #405 on: September 01, 2011, 02:17:45 PM

I don't ever want to see fucking Texas/Oklahoma in the Pac-anything. Ugh.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Terracotta Army

Reply #406 on: September 02, 2011, 08:05:08 PM

Baylor...FUCK YEAH!  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #407 on: September 02, 2011, 08:09:49 PM

Ain't over yet. Baylor is committing epic fail right now. Wouldn't be surprised if TCU wins this.

-H.L. Mencken
Terracotta Army

Reply #408 on: September 02, 2011, 08:22:10 PM

Ain't over yet. Baylor is committing epic fail right now. Wouldn't be surprised if TCU wins this.

To be fair, I am more happy they are actually giving them a game... That Wisconsin game was fucking stupid.

Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #409 on: September 02, 2011, 08:27:12 PM

O Hi, ESPN3 upped their max resolution on their streaming player.

'Reality' is the only word in the language that should always be used in quotes.
Terracotta Army

Reply #410 on: September 02, 2011, 08:55:48 PM

Game. Set. Match. Good start to the season.

DRILLING AND MANLINESS

ghost
The Dentist

Reply #411 on: September 03, 2011, 05:55:33 AM

Wherever they stick colorado, they will put utah as it is our traveling partner. The scenarios are either a east west split of eight teams in which case utah will be in with ok and tx, or a four "pod"system in which case it will be ut, co, az, and asu.

I would figure that Texas and Oklahoma would be in with Oklahoma State and Texas Tech/whichever other schlep they drag along. 
SnakeCharmer
Terracotta Army

Reply #412 on: September 03, 2011, 07:35:28 AM

Good morning, sports fans...

Do you know day it is?

It's GAME DAY.

LSU and Georgia?  Please don't shit the bed against Boise and Oregon.
Signed,
SEC

Also, holy shit way to go Baylor
« Last Edit: September 03, 2011, 10:17:09 AM by SnakeCharmer »
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #413 on: September 03, 2011, 09:32:44 AM

Go Utah State! Take it to those cheating bastards.

-H.L. Mencken
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #414 on: September 03, 2011, 10:17:05 AM

Snake, Georgia is going to lose. I've made my peace with the fact that Richt will never lead us anywhere.

LSU is going to lose because their QB is a retard. And their coach.

Auburn is sucking.

SnakeCharmer
Terracotta Army

Reply #415 on: September 03, 2011, 10:31:44 AM

Think positive, brother.  UGA will do fine.  LSU isn't going to miss Jefferson, unless you're talking about Lee - which who knows which version of him is going to show up.

Go Utah!
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #416 on: September 03, 2011, 10:34:13 AM

Utah STATE! Don't confuse the Utes with those cow hearders.  awesome, for real

-H.L. Mencken
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #417 on: September 03, 2011, 10:35:31 AM

I will be positive if we can score first. If Boise tosses up a huge pass first on us and we can't block on our first running possession, it could be a very very long day. If not and we blow them off the ball and ram one down their throats, we will eat them alive.

LSU with Lee is screwed imo. The have to rely on the run. He's not the answer, and they are reeling from the off-the-field crap. Oregon won't have the crowd though. LSU will rule that stadium. That could be enough to make the difference in a close game.

Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #418 on: September 03, 2011, 10:36:24 AM

The SEC team I really want to play lights out today is Ole Miss but I don't have much hope.

-H.L. Mencken
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #419 on: September 03, 2011, 10:37:21 AM

The SEC team I really want to play lights out today is Ole Miss but I don't have much hope.

Wonder why?  awesome, for real

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 36 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: 2011 College Football  
Jump to: