Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 09:22:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  League of Legends  |  Topic: Caitlyn 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Caitlyn  (Read 6421 times)
schild
Administrator

on: January 04, 2011, 06:17:42 AM

I am SO stoked. First champion I care about getting day one in forever (Since Nidalee?).

That is all.
Samprimary
Contributor

Reply #1 on: January 04, 2011, 06:34:16 AM

You and like the entire universe, it seems. Game is going to be choked with a shitzillion snipers now.
Kail
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: January 04, 2011, 06:40:16 AM

Really?  Weird, I feel the exact opposite.  Eight of the last nine of their champions have been "hot chick who is a back row DPS/support character".  Her abilities don't look mind blowing to me, either, at least on paper.  What's looking so interesting about her?
Samprimary
Contributor

Reply #3 on: January 04, 2011, 06:47:09 AM

On paper she looks like the absolute goddamned perfect mid. A janky dwarven sniper with a terrain blink who can seed the lane with escape mechanisms, then sit and comfortably last hit with max-range easy-timed attack animations.

On top of all that, she has The Headshot. It will be called many things. The finisher. The killsteal beam. It's that thing.
schild
Administrator

Reply #4 on: January 04, 2011, 08:34:46 AM

Totally just bought her and both skins. Totally can't play right now. awesome, for real
Typhon
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: January 04, 2011, 09:38:17 AM

(Headshot is her passive, Ace in the Hole is the killsteal beam)

Headshot is underwhelming up until she gets a decent number of attack speed items and you try to chase her near a bush.  Could get deadly right quick after that.

So little information given in the "Yordle Snap Trap" description.

How many can you have down?
How long to they last?
What is the cooldown?
Are they like Nids traps, or Teemo's mushrooms?

I'm probably equally intrigued by the 90 caliber net.  Also have many questions concerning it's specific funcationality:

Slow %?  Slow Duration?
Distance of knockback?
Cooldown?
Samprimary
Contributor

Reply #6 on: January 04, 2011, 11:44:51 AM

I know that her passive is the one given the name headshot, but her ult is The Headshot — the ubiquitous finisher move.

Here's the skinny on her so far:

- the number of traps you can have down at one time is capped at two, at all levels. Each lasts for four minutes. The best way to use them on their own is typically to seed them for sight in the bushes of your lane, and then once a chase or stun occurs, drop one directly underneath or in the flight path of the target. They do good damage and the hold is also good.

- the net is unambiguously an escape mechanism/terrain blink. Only in rare cases will it be used for actually netting someone to chase, since its utility is made so janky by the knockback. It pairs well with the traps, since you can drop one and blink across it for a very, very good escape. nearly every build will put net at level one and leave it there.

- the range on the ult scales with level and starts at 1800. This makes caitlyn have to skootch dangerously close to the action in order to use it initially. I may be wrong, but it seems that losing sight on target can break the ult.

- the ult cannot crit, but there's a bug that makes the crit sign appear. this doesn't increase damage, though. However, it procs on-hit effects, meaning that sheen will likely become obligatory kit on her.
Samprimary
Contributor

Reply #7 on: January 04, 2011, 12:06:14 PM

n/m, it seems that on-hit ult proc is perhaps a bug. Some people say that red buff applies to it, though. There's a lot of conflicting info going on.
Typhon
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: January 04, 2011, 01:58:40 PM

Trapped at work, thanks for the info!
Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: January 04, 2011, 07:05:55 PM

First time ever I don't have IP to buy a new champ when released, just haven't been feeling League much lately.  Heartbreak

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the Universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
Samprimary
Contributor

Reply #10 on: January 04, 2011, 09:23:50 PM

Kay, I played her all day today. I didn't do too bad (in fact, won most games) but I feel like I need to make a strongly worded conclusion:

she blows goats. Sorry! She'll probably get plenty of buffs next patch.

For some good flavor, take a look at Cassi, who debuted as worst hero in the game and possibly got way overbuffed this last patch in light of the additional buffs carry AP got with Deathcap.
Typhon
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: January 05, 2011, 04:46:50 AM

Got to agree, Cassi is really good now.

Cait's traps aren't invisible, don't provide line of sight and you can only have two.  So basically you're dropping them at your own feet while waiting for someone to facecheck the bush that you are hiding in.  I can't think of a single other use for them.  Am I missing something?
Astorax
Contributor

Reply #12 on: January 05, 2011, 10:58:33 AM

Got to agree, Cassi is really good now.

Cait's traps aren't invisible, don't provide line of sight and you can only have two.  So basically you're dropping them at your own feet while waiting for someone to facecheck the bush that you are hiding in.  I can't think of a single other use for them.  Am I missing something?

Nope, you're not.  I use them as chase deterrents (if I'm trying to get away, which is often with her), and/or face check funtimes.

I'd agree that she's meh.  For an ult that is a "boom headshot" it's underwhelming at best.

I haven't tried Cass since the patch...I need to. :)  I liked her before the patch, now she seems like she might be slightly OP.
Samprimary
Contributor

Reply #13 on: January 05, 2011, 02:33:29 PM

more news on caitlyn's ult:

Breaking vision does break the ult. Constantly. It can be dodged or blocked, like by pantheon's passive. Cait players have already also learned not to bother ulting tannky characters unless they're at a sliver of life, since meaty characters with any sort of thick skin will reduce the damage to a trivial amount.

The developers are aware of it and are actually pretty apologetic of how impedable and underwhelming the ult is. In the meanwhile, if y'all lookin for an actually good sniper ult, play lux or karthus with deathcap :D
Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: January 05, 2011, 03:48:33 PM

The developers are aware of it and are actually pretty apologetic of how impedable and underwhelming the ult is. In the meanwhile, if y'all lookin for an actually good sniper ult, play lux or karthus with deathcap :D

Ashe is my favorite sniper ult.  Across the map hit on a moving character resulting in a kill is the most "BOOM HEADSHOT" moment for me in LoL.  awesome, for real

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the Universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
Witchcraft
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: January 06, 2011, 07:22:58 AM

I don't care for Ezreal but I've been sniped by him at such inopportune moments...from seemingly out of nowhere!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  League of Legends  |  Topic: Caitlyn  
Jump to: