Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 02:56:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: RMT in Eve 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: RMT in Eve  (Read 3203 times)
Kageru
Terracotta Army

on: December 03, 2010, 08:35:58 AM

Much debated, almost certainly going on but the scale was always uncertain. A "expose" thread with not too much in the way of facts sort of exploded when an active, but bored, botter started revealing figures and methods. Sadly his english is terrible but if you find the topic of the MMO RMT trade interesting might be worth a read. The fun starts on this page.

Highlight is probably the guy claiming an income of 3,000+ euros a month through botting.

Is a man not entitled to the hurf of his durf?
- Simond
Gets
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: December 03, 2010, 12:16:57 PM

Eve is broken as fuck. News at 11.
Kitsune
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: December 03, 2010, 03:29:49 PM

What I don't get is how they're getting the bots trained enough to be able to fly out and win fights.  The posts are making it sounds easy with "oh I had 16 bots all farming for me", but seems to me that the skills necessary to do that would require months of training on each of those 16 accounts, making it an expensive and time-consuming proposition to even get started.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #3 on: December 03, 2010, 04:19:36 PM

My favorite suggested solution:

* Find ways to make the Eve client leak more memory so botters can't run so many bots on a single PC

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: December 03, 2010, 05:43:50 PM

What I don't get is how they're getting the bots trained enough to be able to fly out and win fights.  The posts are making it sounds easy with "oh I had 16 bots all farming for me", but seems to me that the skills necessary to do that would require months of training on each of those 16 accounts, making it an expensive and time-consuming proposition to even get started.

You can just buy characters with ISK still, no?

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: December 03, 2010, 06:24:08 PM

I think the more important question is what's the best way for me to get a bunch of these bots up and running.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the Universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: December 03, 2010, 06:35:32 PM

Its not that hard to run a combat app. All you have to do is have a way to set "target X  Number down the down the overview list - set fire f1-f8 - turn to Heading X - Warp on command" So you could have any number of ships moving in unison quite easily. The only problem would be transmitting primaries to bots (solved by targeting A-Z) and maybe setting warp points for your bot fleet to fly to. Eve combat mechanics are not really that complex to bot. If you want to do complex maneuvers you might need a pilot, but for a stand and shoot engagement, no. Its basically the same thing as bot ratters and they have been in Eve for years.

As for miners you could start a character training and you could be in a Level 1 barge mining ice inside a month. You could ignore training and engineering etc skills and once the character was in a barge you just got better and better. Besides you could have a character mining in a frigate immediately.

« Last Edit: December 03, 2010, 07:36:50 PM by Sir T »

Hic sunt dracones.
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: December 03, 2010, 06:45:57 PM

I enjoy how the bot program just turns the actual graphics off. Spreadsheets online indeed.  awesome, for real

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
Goumindong
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: December 05, 2010, 07:37:35 AM

What I don't get is how they're getting the bots trained enough to be able to fly out and win fights.

You can win fights where you dominate the opponent in raw power.(or at least drive people off). Programming such a system would likely not be hard (especially since you're probably running on the same internal server or same machine, so transmitting data about who to target would not be hard)

The problem is that even simple or complex targeting mechanisms (which don't have access to the raw server data in order to brute force a solution, and even these can fail) will fall victim to humans breaking it. I.E. if your macros are targeting A-Z, as soon as the macro hunters realize this they will give your macros an super-tanked low sig "A" target to shoot at while they remote rep it and nuke you with specialized high DPS ships.

Theoretically it would be possible to create a semi-random target caller but you probably won't get to the efficiency of a human target caller, you can likely still be tricked by tactical maneuvers which you weren't prepared for, and you're going to have to reprogram your optimal target caller each time the overall strategic situation changes(whether that change is for legitimate reasons of power changes or because people simply find new techniques)

If you have a person target calling that changes everything, you can just link all the actions across however many computers you're using to run EVE fairly easily. Of course if you have a person there then you aren't really botting and what you're doing is much more expensive.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: RMT in Eve  
Jump to: