Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 07:29:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  City of Heroes / City of Villains  |  Topic: Feb 01, 2005 Interim Patch 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Feb 01, 2005 Interim Patch  (Read 2664 times)
Big Gulp
Terracotta Army

on: February 01, 2005, 09:59:21 AM

Lots of little goodies added today.  The water is all frozen over, and like the Frostfire mission, is slip-slide-olicious.  In the one council base mission I took there are now not just doors you have to go through, but there are also trap doors in the floors that you can dive into, there are stationary turret guns that provide base defense that you have to destroy, replicator capsules that keep pumping out vampires until you destroy 'em and more.

That's just on a quick half hour play through.  Very cool shit.
AOFanboi
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: February 01, 2005, 12:59:20 PM

The dissapearance of the Winter Lords is the biggest change, though, at least for some focused powerlevelers. Goodbye to the endless "power hour".

Current: Mario Kart DS, Nintendogs
Sobelius
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: February 01, 2005, 01:02:32 PM

Yeah -- pretyy bummed about the loss of the WL's. The WL's themselves were boring -- it was getting to level to about 14 in an hour that was fun and try out new power sets and combos. I am going to miss that.

"I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
"A world without Vin Diesel is sad." -- me
ClydeJr
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: February 02, 2005, 12:41:16 PM

Quote from: AOFanboi
The dissapearance of the Winter Lords is the biggest change, though, at least for some focused powerlevelers. Goodbye to the endless "power hour".

So does that mean my pickup groups will not only have retards in them, but retards who only know how to fight Winter Lords with their under-enhanced characters because they can't afford DOs? Goody...
Rodent
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: February 02, 2005, 06:13:14 PM

Quote from: Big Gulp
Lots of little goodies added today.  The water is all frozen over, and like the Frostfire mission, is slip-slide-olicious.  In the one council base mission I took there are now not just doors you have to go through, but there are also trap doors in the floors that you can dive into, there are stationary turret guns that provide base defense that you have to destroy, replicator capsules that keep pumping out vampires until you destroy 'em and more.

That's just on a quick half hour play through.  Very cool shit.

The turrets, trapdoors and capsules have been in since the addition of Striga, but I gotta agree their damn cool.

Wiiiiii!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  City of Heroes / City of Villains  |  Topic: Feb 01, 2005 Interim Patch  
Jump to: