Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 14, 2024, 04:58:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: Ryzom offers video cards for free trial registrants 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Ryzom offers video cards for free trial registrants  (Read 3017 times)
AlteredOne
Terracotta Army

on: February 01, 2005, 09:05:07 AM

http://ryzom.com/show/contest/

Remarkable how fast this one dropped off the map, even before WoW and EQ2 showed up.  But you can win one of 50 BFG Nvidia GeForce 6800 GT 256mb video cards, if you sign up for the Ryzom free trial.  Not sure if I qualify, since I actually paid for the game.  Mouse pads and t-shirts are also up for grabs.

I think this may be unique, offering a big giveaway just for downloading a trial.  If I had to guess, I would say Nevrax is in real trouble.  There were very few players online even back in October, and they moved very quickly to free trials.  Anarchy Online managed to survive an absolutely horrible release, but that was in 2001 when there was little competition.  Does Nevrax have a chance?  Either way, you might get a decent vid card.
plummerx

Email
Reply #1 on: February 01, 2005, 12:58:24 PM

Not quite so simple, they want to make sure you actually try the game:

On Atys, every Wednesday, Friday and Sunday evening, at 8pm (Paris Time) on Aniro, Arispotle and Leanon and at 11pm (East Coast Time) on Windermeer, a riddle will be posed to all the players on Atys...
This riddle, based on the history of Atys, will appear in the competition chat channel. All players will be able to view the riddle.
The first player on each server to enter the correct answer in this chat channel will win a BFG Nvidia GeForce 6800 GT 256mb video card, with the 5 runners-up each winning a Ryzom cap and the next 5 winning a Ryzom mouse-pad.
The correct answer will be displayed in the chat channel once all of the winners have been selected.
So don't hesitate, download our free trial now, discover Atys...and win yourself a video card.
The list of riddles, answers and winners will be displayed on the
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: February 01, 2005, 01:09:41 PM

I played this game in beta.  While they did seem to do some interesting things in the way of implementation, the game as a whole was really lacking a compelling cohesiveness.

Save yourselve the time investment and buy a lottery ticket.  It's not worth the time (and suffering) in this game for a chance to win a nice video card.

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Azhrarn
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: February 01, 2005, 02:53:21 PM

Quote from: AlteredOne
Not sure if I qualify, since I actually paid for the game.

Yup you do.  It's actually come along quite well so far.  The riddles have been decent enough to make you think (logic puzzle type things it seems), and not something that required players to know the game like the back of their hand (so far at least).  I don't think I qualify however, although they don't tell us the questions or answers in advance. ;)

They have a few more interesting missions now as well, like having an actual mission progression now with the rites.  And open pvp in the root areas.

I came here to be drugged, electrocuted, and probed.  Not insulted! - H.S.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: Ryzom offers video cards for free trial registrants  
Jump to: