Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 10:03:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  League of Legends  |  Topic: Patch Notes (1/4) — Hot Sorting Hat on Sorting Hat action every goddamned game 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Patch Notes (1/4) — Hot Sorting Hat on Sorting Hat action every goddamned game  (Read 27847 times)
Typhon
Terracotta Army

Reply #70 on: December 29, 2010, 09:09:28 AM

Well, I formulated my own new Udyr Jungle path for AD Tiger Style Udyr!

(snip)

Start at Golems, kill them (dont use pot), level up turtle. Recall instantly home.

Buy two more pots. Kick on Ghost and run to Golem (ghost will be back in time after Lizard for gank). Kill lizard minions quickly, Use pot while taking on Golem (finishing with Smite). Kill wolves, kill wraiths, kill golems and recall. Grab Boots or another sword (working towards Brutalizer, I plan on bypassing Madreds Razors completely - seem plenty fast enough in killing shit). Boots are probably the better choice here, and maybe 1 pot.  Kill lizard, drink pot, go gank lane. Jungle till level 6 and kill Dragon. Buy AD shit, maybe some tankage.

I'm pretty new at jungling, but my general route is something like:
-Start with turtle, cloth armor, 3 or 4x health potions
-Kill blue golem first, use smite when he's low, kill the two minions after golem dies.  Spamming turtle stance, I can do this with two health potions.
-kill wolves, kill wraiths, kill minigolems.  Keep levelling turtle stance when you can, otherwise whatever (generally I like tiger or phoenix)
-should be fairly high in HP after minigolem fight, go kill lizard.  Smite should be coming off cooldown, blue buff should be just wearing off, kill minions and then then smite lizard (probably have to use the third health pot here).
-kill whatever has respawned (generally wolves at this point) wander around until you can finish Mandreds.  Get blue and red buffs and get dragon.

Now, the problem is that I'm super new at jungling (never really tried it in a real game) and I'm not really sure why you'd pick one jungling "route" over the other.  I was thinking that mine was pretty good because you never have to leave the jungle until you're ready to buy something, but Slayer's has him going back to base every few kills, but he's probably killing stuff faster when he's out there.  What's the "optimal" thing you guys would look for in a jungling strat?

Here's what I do:

Runes (very important) - my rune page is still in progress.  I have the attack speed runes and health quints, but I lack the armor runes.  Thus my jungling isn't great.

Go Phoenix.
Been playing around with these two item builds:
Vamp + 1 pot.  Wait ten seconds after minions spawn to buy the pot.
Sword + 2 pots.  Wait ten seconds after minions spawn to buy the second pot.
Go blue golem.  Use smite right off as I want it to be available on small golems.
Go wolves.  Level turtle.
Go wraiths.
Go golems, use smite again.
Port back, buy appropriate portions of Wriggles that make sense.

I take phoenix to 3 as soon as I can, alternating with turtle, and I go no further with phoenix.  Get a point in bear around 5/6 for ganking.

At mid game, turtle is 2/3, bear is 1/2, phoenix is 3, and I'm putting all my points into tiger.

End game is 5, 5, 5, 3.  Tiger with a bit of AD and Triforce does a huge burst of damage.

Wriggles
boots
Either Zeal or Phage, depending on whether I'm having trouble getting to enemy champs, or staying in range/need more health.
Work towards finishing merc boots and triforce.

After that I'm considering one of the following based upon how things are going:

Ghostblade - Doing well, pushing my midgame advantage with more AD, AS, runspeed and cooldown reduction.
Soul Shroud - Need more survivabiliy or chronically low on mana.  Has cooldown reduction.
Force of Nature - need magic resistance, additional runspeed on this champ is always good.
Hexdrinker - doing ok, the primary damage dealers are AP-based, want to be offensive and defensive in how I react to them
Randiuns - desperately needing armor.  Note that occasionally we'll be doing so poorly against an AD-heavy team that I'll push parts of this up in the build queue ahead of Triforce.  Something like Phage then Wardens Mail, then consider whether to pursue triforce or randiuns.
tazelbain
Terracotta Army

tazelbain

Reply #71 on: December 29, 2010, 10:31:57 AM

End game is 5, 5, 5, 3. 
Solid advice this is.

"Me am play gods"
DLRiley
Terracotta Army

Reply #72 on: December 30, 2010, 06:39:27 PM

I don't think they've said anything too specific about what the planned changes are.

I keep installing this game, playing it for a day or two, then uninstalling. The community is such a giant bunch of babies it's really hard to get any enjoyment out of it.

Let it me be known, riot balances nothing for top level play.
Kail
Terracotta Army

Reply #73 on: January 02, 2011, 03:47:58 AM

They're doing this "Patch Notes Preview" video thing, which personally I think is a great idea since it gives some insight into why changes are happening as well as what changes are coming up.

Cliff notes version:
-Some changes from last patch being reverted (Udyr, Olaf, Garen a bit)
-Zhonya's being removed, and split into two items, one which has the active (the invuln ability) and one which has the passive (+% to AP). Not entirely sure about this one, the new Deathcap apparently gives +155AP and +30% AP passive, which looks like it'll be even more essential than Zhonya's.
-Exhaust being changed a bit.  Characters who are blind will still be able to do a little bit of damage with their autoattacks, but their abilities will also be impaired slightly.
-Presumably something with Cass, though they didn't really say what aside from some of her ratios being buffed.
-Wards are being reworked (again) so that they die after a certain number of hits rather than having an HP pool.
-New item is a pair of boots that gives +15% cooldown reduction.
schild
Administrator

Reply #74 on: January 02, 2011, 02:25:25 PM

Zhonya's being replaced with 2 just means no one will take the active/invuln one, which is awesome. The +% to AP one is total money.
Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #75 on: January 02, 2011, 03:18:36 PM

Zhonya's being replaced with 2 just means no one will take the active/invuln one, which is awesome. The +% to AP one is total money.

Agreed, the only people that might take the invuln one are the champions that can abuse it like Morg or Fiddle or Kennen.  (the ults keep going wile they are invincible)

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the Universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
Margalis
Terracotta Army

Reply #76 on: January 02, 2011, 06:58:04 PM

Oh god more lore talk.

vampirehipi23: I would enjoy a book written by a monkey and turned into a movie rather than this.
Samprimary
Contributor

Reply #77 on: January 04, 2011, 06:39:46 AM

New Skins in the Store
  • Resistance Caitlyn
  • Sheriff Caitlyn
  • Surgeon Shen
  • Nurse Akali

League of Legends v1.0.0.108
Caitlyn, the Sheriff of Piltover
  • Piltover Peacemaker - Caitlyn revs up her rifle for 1 second to unleash a penetrating shot which deals physical damage (deals less damage to subsequent targets).
  • Yordle Snap Trap - Caitlyn sets a trap to reveal sneaky yordles. When sprung, the trap immobilizes the champion and deals magic damage over 1.5 seconds.
  • 90 Caliber Net - Caitlyn fires a heavy net to slow her target, the recoil knocks Caitlyn back.
  • Ace in the Hole (Ultimate) - Caitlyn takes time to line up the perfect shot, dealing massive damage to a single target at a huge range.  Enemy champions can intercept the bullet for their ally.
  • Headshot (Passive) - Every 8 attacks (attacks while in brush count as 2), Caitlyn will fire a headshot, dealing either 150% damage to a champion or 250% damage to a minion.

Casseopeia
  • Base movement speed increased to 310 from 305
  • Noxius Blast movement speed buff increased to 3 seconds from 2
  • Twin Fang ability power ratio increased to .55 from .45
  • Petrifying Gaze slow increased to 60% at all levels from 40/50/60%
  • Petrifying Gaze   cooldown changed to 130/120/110 seconds from 120 at all levels

Garen
  • Judgment base damage increased to 60/100/140/180/220 from 60/90/120/150/180 per second

Irelia
  • Bladesurge cast range increased to 650 from 600
  • Equilibrium Strike cast range increased to 425 from 375
  • Transcendent Blades base damage increased to 90/140/190 from 80/130/180
  • Title is now 'The Will of the Blades' instead of 'the Will of the Blades'

Katarina
  • Shunpo will now place Katarina on the other side of the target (relative to Katarina), rather than behind the target

LeBlanc
  • Base attack damage increased to 51 from 48
  • Attack damage per level increased to 3.1 from 2.9

Malzahar
  • Fixed a bug where the Malefic Visions spell cast by opposing Malzahars behaved improperly

Olaf
  • Vicious Strikes health scaling increased to 1%, from 0.5%
  • Vicious Strikes base damage reduced to 7/14/21/28/35 from 10/17/24/31/38

Pantheon
  • Grand Skyfall is now more visible to allies.  The green circle that allies see now appears when Pantheon starts channeling. The red circle that enemies see still draws when he leaps into the air

Udyr
  • Tiger Stance
    • Base damage changed to 30/80/130/180/230 from 40/80/120/160/200
    • No longer scales off of ability power
    • Attack damage scaling increased to 1.7 from 0.5
    • Persistent attack speed in Tiger Stance increased to 20/25/30/35/40% from 15/20/25/30/35%
    • Initial damage effect can now be triggered any time in Tiger Stance, or within 5 seconds of casting if you switch stances
    • Restored the hit particle to Tiger Stance's basic attacks
    • Phoenix Stance
      • Breath damage reduced to 40/80/120/160/200 from 50/95/140/185/230
      • Now casts fire cone every 3 attacks instead of every 4
      [/list]

Items
      • NEW ITEM - Ionian Boots of Lucidity
        • UNIQUE Passive: Reduces ability cooldowns by 15%.
        • UNIQUE Passive: Enhanced Movement 2.
        • Zhonya's Ring has been decommissioned.
        • NEW ITEM - Zhonya's Hourglass
          • +100 AP +50 Armor
          • UNIQUE Active: Places your champion into stasis for 2 seconds, rendering you invulnerable and untargetable but unable to take any action. 90 sec cooldown.
          • NEW ITEM - Rabadon's Deathcap
            • +155 AP UNIQUE Passive: Increases Ability Power by 30%
            • Rod of Ages, Warmog's Living Armor, and the Bloodthirster now show you in their tooltip what their stats are.  Look for this to spread to other items like Trinity Force and Tiamat soon
            • Phantom Dancer attack speed increased to 55% from 50%
            • Sunfire Cape no longer continues to deal damage while dead
            • The Black Cleaver
              • Damage reduced to 55 from 75
              • Now adds 30% increased attack speed
              • Unique Passive - Now shreds 15 armor per stack from 12 but has a maximum of 3 stacks from 5.
              • Sight Ward
                • Cost reduced to 75 gold from 90 gold
                • Now has 3 health, is immune to healing effects and takes only 1 damage from every attack
                • Vision Ward
                  • Now has 3 health, is immune to healing effects and takes only 1 damage from every attack
                  • Will of the Ancients ability power granted to the owner increased to 50 from 40
                  • Wit's End
                    • Now damages enemies that do not have mana
                    • Fixed a bug where Wit's End did not interact correctly with clones
                    • Wriggle's Lantern
                      • The ward created now has 3 health and is immune to healing effects and take only 1 damage from every attack
                      [/list]

Summoner Spells
                      • Exhaust now reduces (auto/basic) attack damage by 70% and ability/item damage by 35% instead of the blinding for the duration

General
                      • Baron Nashor
                        • Base health increased to 8000 from 6500
                        • Magic resistance increased to 70 from 35
                        • Damage increased by approximately 15%
                        • Dragon
                          • Global gold reward reduced to 190 from 240
                          • Magic resistance increased to 30 from 0
                          • The on-hit burning debuff now affects the target of his attack but nobody else (previously it afflicted enemies in a cone but ignored the attack target)
                          • The burning debuff now also reduces attack speed by 20%
                          • Updated the tooltip to reflect that the Dragon no longer grants global experience
                          • Monster experience range reduced to 800 from 1250
                          • Removed mana from all inhibitor minions
                          • Shrine (spawn) turrets now ignore all resistances and immunities
                          • The Options menu now has a 2nd slider that scales the chat box independent of the rest of the UI

Audio
                          • Miss Fortune - Fixed audio timing of 'Make It Rain' and fixed a bug that caused the audio not to play at certain distances.
                          Typhon
                          Terracotta Army

Reply #78 on: January 04, 2011, 10:19:19 AM

Odd.  The 5,5,5,3 Udyr build just became significantly more powerful (and effective to do tiger->turtle instead of always turtle->tiger) and I thought it was already pretty good.  Better in the jungle as well.  Turtle > Phoenix (wait six hits) > Turtle (repeat).

I hope they leave him alone for awhile.

Expected a bit more for Olaf, but I guess I should be happy that they didn't over tune him.  Considering going with the cooldown redux boots on him and skipping Soul Shroud in favor of actual tank items (freeing up a slot to situational choose offense or defense).

I enjoy Cassie, I think the AP buff will encourage the type of combo that they were looking for (versus a Malzahar/Swain-style of dot-dot-dot).

I like the Black Cleaver and Will of the Ages changes.  I think WotA is underrated on certain casters.
                          Samprimary
                          Contributor

Reply #79 on: January 04, 2011, 11:46:34 AM

reduction in dragon gold and increasing the health of the river creeps is going to turn out by far to be the biggest meta change. Organized play was starting to live or die on the first river kill/fight.
                          Samprimary
                          Contributor

Reply #80 on: January 04, 2011, 09:32:20 PM

Watch your asses, ladies and gentlemen. The deathcap and the boots of lucidity just punched some mages through the fucking roof, especially in midgame.
                          schild
                          Administrator

Reply #81 on: January 04, 2011, 10:09:24 PM

Watch your asses, ladies and gentlemen. The deathcap and the boots of lucidity just punched some mages through the fucking roof, especially in midgame.
                          That should've been fucking expected. Terrible fucking design decisions. Kass is going to be amazing.
                          Nightblade
                          Terracotta Army

Reply #82 on: January 04, 2011, 11:30:52 PM

I think I'll just stop playing until this is fixed.  Ohhhhh, I see.
                          Samprimary
                          Contributor

Reply #83 on: January 05, 2011, 02:35:31 PM

Oh come on, how can you say that this was something you could expect? I'm sure you aren't giving thought to the complicated nature of d

oh
                          schild
                          Administrator

Reply #84 on: January 10, 2011, 06:20:18 AM

Thread
                          • Changed thread title to properly reflect results of patch, as predicted.
                          Samprimary
                          Contributor

Reply #85 on: January 10, 2011, 02:36:56 PM

It's a great couple of weeks to be a mage. Corki flees but doesn't even reach the ground.
                          Vaiti
                          Terracotta Army

Reply #86 on: January 10, 2011, 09:02:33 PM

I main Kog'Maw and it's been alot of fun seeing people trying to make AP Kog's and then eating them alive with a standard Crit Kog. Dat Hat.  awesome, for real

EvE: Caern Robillard | Cua D'Mon
                          Steam Profile
                          Slayerik
                          Terracotta Army

Victim: Sirius Maximus

Reply #87 on: January 14, 2011, 11:16:33 AM

I love my Tiger Udyr. I have devised a plan to be full time jungler, without smite, and I pretty much first blood every game unless they are completely tower hugging (which is fine by me). The best part is that Udyr is so versatile, he can DPS, initiate, tank, but most importantly he can carry late game. The burst I build now if fun fun fun.

I don't put a point in Phoenix until 16 I think.

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
                          Prospero
                          Terracotta Army

Reply #88 on: January 14, 2011, 11:33:18 AM

What does your build and jungle pattern look like?
                          Slayerik
                          Terracotta Army

Reply #89 on: January 14, 2011, 11:46:50 AM

EDIT: Now I do same build , but just take smite. Not having it slows a bit too much, even if it sucks late game.

15/0/15

3 Crit, 1 whatever
                          4 in cooldown reduction
                          1 in magic pen , 3 in armor pen
                          3 in Attack damage

3 in good hands, 1 in imp ghost
                          4 in XP buff
                          2 in med, 2 in util mastery
                          3 in quickness

Runes:
                          Marks: Flat Attack Damage (yes, attack damage) - Magic/armor pen works, as well as ATKspeed.
                          Seals: Dodge
                          Gylphs: CDR - / 18

Quints:
                          1 Fort
                          1 Flat Attack Damage
                          1 Armor Pen

(these I am messing with, also used 1 fort and 2 movement speed)

Ignite/Ghost (or exhaust/ghost  or flash/ghost)

Buy Longsword (or Vamperic Spectre, not recommended)

Start at two golems with Tiger. Spam Tiger - ( Take Turtle) recall home. Buy 3-4 health pots, GHOST to Golem. Tiger one small lizard, pop health pot, turtle the other, IGNITE Golem and turtle whack.

Pop another pot and take out wolves (take Tiger)  --- wraiths --- small golems again (Take Bear) - Recall Home

Buy Boots and a health pot or 2. Bear on over to Red buff, kill smalls pop pot, juggle tiger/turtle. Ghost and Ignite will be back up. Go gank. Profit!

Fair warning, you need to be good with keeping monkey's agility stacks up. That is key.

From there I build Razor, to lantern. I kill dragon about 6-7 (once i have lantern usually, and blue buff). Boots vary, merc usually. Build Attack damage heavy. Triforce is a good goal as well.

Build order is roughly  

1. Tiger
                          2. Turtle
                          3. Tiger
                          4. Bear
                          5. Tiger
                          6. Turtle
                          7. Bear
                          8. Tiger
                          9. Turtle
                          10. Tiger
                          11. Turtle
                          12. Bear
                          13. Turtle
                          14. Bear
                          15. Bear
                          16- 18 Phoenix

« Last Edit: January 19, 2011, 11:46:12 AM by Slayerik »

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
                          Vaiti
                          Terracotta Army

Reply #90 on: January 19, 2011, 07:14:42 AM

They fixed the Deathcap problem.

Rabadon's Deathcap cost increased to 3400 from 3300
                          why so serious?

EvE: Caern Robillard | Cua D'Mon
                          Steam Profile
                          Ashamanchill
                          Terracotta Army

Reply #91 on: January 19, 2011, 09:10:05 PM

So like a chump I took a break from my main; Chogath (gentlemen Chogath actually....yeah he was worth every penny), and tried out one of the new champs, Cassiopea. I did so because I like snakes (have a pet snake, snake tattoo, etc.). Wow. She SUCKS!!!! I tried everything with her. I mean, I've even done well with Urgot (which is a testament to my tenacity, not my skill), but she is just plain garbage. You have to be using your keybinding like your playing an epic guitar solo or something. Fuck.

And yes DLRiley, I get it that YOU and other super high elo folk are rocking with her, but down here in the gutters she is an acknowledged sack of shit.

A poster signed by Richard Garriot, Brad McQuaid, Marc Jacobs and SmerricK Dart.  Of course it would arrive a couple years late, missing letters and a picture but it would be epic none the less. -Tmon
                          Samprimary
                          Contributor

Reply #92 on: January 20, 2011, 03:04:03 AM

high-elo peeps actually say she's completely forgettable atm cause you can get others to do what she does in a shitzillion less mouse clicks, freeing up your attention for better control.
                          Slayerik
                          Terracotta Army

Reply #93 on: January 21, 2011, 11:16:50 AM

So I had my first Penta kill last night. Too bad the last kill took like a second too long and I only really got a Quadra :(

I steamrolled a team fight I got to a bit late with AD Udyr and we won the game. It was glorious! I love the way the announcer says TRIPLE KILL!

Thrawn
                          Terracotta Army

Reply #94 on: January 21, 2011, 08:01:45 PM

So I had my first Penta kill last night. Too bad the last kill took like a second too long and I only really got a Quadra :(

I think my first and only Penta was on Shen.  swamp poop

high-elo peeps actually say she's completely forgettable atm cause you can get others to do what she does in a shitzillion less mouse clicks, freeing up your attention for better control.

IMO thats the issue with a lot of new characters. "New person X does this well, but old person Y does the same thing but better."

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the Universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
                          Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
                          f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  League of Legends  |  Topic: Patch Notes (1/4) — Hot Sorting Hat on Sorting Hat action every goddamned game  
                          Jump to: