Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 04:04:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Lord of the Rings Online  |  Topic: Bullroarer patch notes of HOLY WTF 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bullroarer patch notes of HOLY WTF  (Read 7463 times)
Stormwaltz
Terracotta Army

on: October 26, 2010, 03:02:42 PM

We have new Barter Wallet! The Barter Wallet will hold all Skirmish Marks used to purchase items from the Skirmish Barter Vendors as well as all Anniversary Tokens. The Barter Wallet may be opened by clicking on the Caret symbol at the lower left of your screen and selecting Barter Wallet from the list of panels.

http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?&postid=5048649

EDIT: I weep with joy!

The Nature-friend Legendary Trait will now grant the Lore-master a new skill, “Combat Summoning”, in addition to “Friend of Nature.” This new skill will allow the Lore-master to summon any animal companion during combat for the next 10 seconds.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2010, 03:08:31 PM by Stormwaltz »

Nothing in this post represents the views of my current or previous employers.

"Isn't that just like an elf? Brings a spell to a gun fight."

"Sci-Fi writers don't invent the future, they market it."
- Henry Cobb
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #1 on: October 26, 2010, 03:10:07 PM

I have no words.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #2 on: October 26, 2010, 06:44:05 PM

That wallet will prolly be 2000 TP.  Ohhhhh, I see.

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #3 on: October 26, 2010, 07:42:14 PM

Evidently doubling revenue means you can kick some ass.  More so.

No Nerf, but I put a link to this very thread and I said that you all can guarantee for my purity. I even mentioned your case, and see if they can take a look at your lawn from a Michigan perspective.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: October 26, 2010, 07:57:22 PM

They need to include faction drops with this.  Having 3 or 4 drops per faction gets annoying pretty fast.  Particularly when you hit about level 40 or so.   Hell, I have over 500 silver coins from the enedwaithe gray wardens sitting in my vault taking up space. 

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Stormwaltz
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: October 26, 2010, 10:23:53 PM

I'm (almost) sure it's a limited first step towards converting all the various barter items in the game.

- Henry Cobb
Soln
Terracotta Army

the opportunity for evil is just delicious

Reply #6 on: October 26, 2010, 10:29:13 PM

I'm running out of things to complain about with this game.  

Next I hope they will give us linked housing storage.  Then individual homes per character, which makes sense since they can then sell more cosmetic furniture etc.

Removing radiance.  Maybe some new LFF windows.   Great stuff.

« Last Edit: October 26, 2010, 10:41:31 PM by Soln »
Soln
Terracotta Army

the opportunity for evil is just delicious

Reply #7 on: October 26, 2010, 10:37:02 PM

wow they really are listening.   awesome, for real

Swift Travel Routes that previously required that the player be a subscriber are now usable by past subscribers as well (although only by characters created or used during the subscriber period).
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #8 on: October 27, 2010, 01:35:03 AM

Both good. (Skirmish mark wallet and travel).

http://azazelx.wordpress.com/ - My Miniatures and Hobby Blog.
Tarami
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: October 27, 2010, 05:01:15 AM

They need to include faction drops with this.  Having 3 or 4 drops per faction gets annoying pretty fast.  Particularly when you hit about level 40 or so.   Hell, I have over 500 silver coins from the enedwaithe gray wardens sitting in my vault taking up space. 
Trading. While it's still technically doable, it becomes very opaque to have things that don't appear as items be tradable.

- I'm giving you this one for free.
- Nothing's free in the waterworld.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: October 27, 2010, 05:57:35 AM

Trading. While it's still technically doable, it becomes very opaque to have things that don't appear as items be tradable.

I have no idea what you're even saying.

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: October 27, 2010, 06:03:29 AM

I have no idea what you're even saying.

You can trade rep items. Making them a currency would make this less obvious.

I think?

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: October 27, 2010, 06:05:05 AM

That makes sense.  I personally don't think that rep items should be tradeable.  As it stands, you can just head to the auction house every time you want faction with a group.  Seems a bit shallow in terms of gameplay. All of the post MoM factions require you to earn rep yourself.  At least that's how it seems.

-  Mark Twain
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #13 on: October 27, 2010, 06:07:39 AM

As someone with 98 barrow-treasures, it's nice to be able to transfer those to an alt and skip the grind.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: October 27, 2010, 06:11:32 AM

Reading the new patch notes, looks like festival tokens have been changed for some reason. As in, they are likely to not stack with the current ones starting next event.

So, spend'em if you got'em it seems, unless they do some conversion.

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: October 27, 2010, 06:40:53 AM

As someone with 98 barrow-treasures, it's nice to be able to transfer those to an alt and skip the grind.

I think the faction grinds are stupid.  I think that having us fill a bag with crap while we grind faction is doubly stupid. 

The simple solution is to allow us access to larger bags.  I'm all for that too. 

-  Mark Twain
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: October 27, 2010, 06:46:51 AM

Well, making skirmish marks a currency will help A LOT. Rep items are a gray zone for the reason of trade I guess.

Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #17 on: October 27, 2010, 06:50:26 AM

It will help.  I agree. 

-  Mark Twain
Tarami
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: October 27, 2010, 07:07:02 AM

I think?
Yeap.

- I'm giving you this one for free.
- Nothing's free in the waterworld.
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #19 on: October 29, 2010, 08:08:11 AM

I just noticed this:

Reputation Mounts
We have reviewed much of the feedback players have offered regarding reputation mounts and what they represent in terms of accomplishment and time invested. You’ve made it very clear that these mounts should be special and reflect the effort required to earn them. We agree. Reputation mounts have received an upgrade in their stats. These mounts will now have 250 health, receive reduced critical damage and allow characters to block, parry and evade while mounted.

That much closer to mounted combat. (+the emotes now working and showing while mounted)

Azazel
Contributor

Reply #20 on: October 30, 2010, 01:36:05 AM

That makes sense.  I personally don't think that rep items should be tradeable.  As it stands, you can just head to the auction house every time you want faction with a group.  Seems a bit shallow in terms of gameplay. All of the post MoM factions require you to earn rep yourself.  At least that's how it seems.

Rep grinds are shallow gameplay in themselves (in whatever game). Allowing the turnin items to be tradeable at least potentially removes some of the grind.

http://azazelx.wordpress.com/ - My Miniatures and Hobby Blog.
Stormwaltz
Terracotta Army

Reply #21 on: November 18, 2010, 11:14:45 AM

Mount Block, Parry, and Evade has been cut from next week's patch.

We discovered a significant bug with the block/parry/evade ratings and so removed them from the mounts. These may pop up again on future mounts once we've resolved the issue.
- Rowan

http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?&postid=5084889#post5084889

- Henry Cobb
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Lord of the Rings Online  |  Topic: Bullroarer patch notes of HOLY WTF  
Jump to: