Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 06:29:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  World of Warcraft  |  Topic: Advice needed - havent played much since WOTLK release 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Advice needed - havent played much since WOTLK release  (Read 14220 times)
K9
Terracotta Army

Reply #35 on: November 09, 2010, 04:28:08 PM

I guess, I got pretty bored of legging it around the zone back when I levelled through it. It's probably not so bad now with cold weather flying at 68 and RDF to give some variety.

I love the smell of facepalm in the morning
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #36 on: November 09, 2010, 04:37:34 PM

You can skip Dragonblight pretty much completely if you're OK with doing both Howling Fjord and Borean Tundra until you're 73-ish and then moving on to, say, Grizzly Hills. The only part of the Dragonblight I actually don't like are all the stupid Wyrmrest Accord quests, but you can skip those and go on your merry way pretty easily. I've accidently skipped Grizzly Hills about a billion times (and I want to say that zone has a big overlap with Dragonblight level-wise).

The thing I found interesting as I leveled through it as a Horde person for the first time is how much less overlap there was in most of the zones quest-wise. There's still some, of course, the neutral factions are all the same, but there was a lot less "This is the Horde kill 20 felboars quest that is exactly the same except for who is giving it to you" in the faction specific stuff. It made leveling up through Northrend as the other faction way more rewarding than doing it in Outland did.

God Save the Horn Players
Sheepherder
Terracotta Army

Reply #37 on: November 09, 2010, 04:59:19 PM

You can typically skip either the west or east half of Dragonblight, too (assuming you're willing to skip the Wrathgate event), so in that sense it sort of is 2 zones.

I normally do east Dragonblight, finish up with the Wrathgate, then fuck off to Zul'Drak.  Though I don't actually like Zul'Drak all that much.  I might have to get a guild invite to Slap on my secret Doomhammer characters and find someone to grind dungeons with for a bit.

I have way too many 70+ characters  It's what happens when your internet is nominally too shitty to raid.
DraconianOne
Terracotta Army

Reply #38 on: November 10, 2010, 12:41:49 AM

I guess, I got pretty bored of legging it around the zone back when I levelled through it. It's probably not so bad now with cold weather flying at 68 and RDF to give some variety.

I vaguely remember that there's a wyrmrest quest in DB that gives you a dragon mount to ride to do some shit around the zone. I also remember that you could hang on to it for a while and basically fly around the zone doing various quests on it until you were done and needed to turn it in to get the rest of the wyrmrest chain sorted. As you say, not really an issue with CWF available at 68 now but that's how I did it when levelling first time around.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

A point can be MOOT. MUTE is more along the lines of what you should be. - WayAbvPar
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  World of Warcraft  |  Topic: Advice needed - havent played much since WOTLK release  
Jump to: