Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:18:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Ultima Online  |  Topic: Guild Discussion - Ideas, crafts, PVP, etc 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Guild Discussion - Ideas, crafts, PVP, etc  (Read 23417 times)
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Victim: Sirius Maximus

on: October 26, 2010, 08:16:52 AM

Ok, so I for one am serious about playing on Az's server www.inporylem.com

Instead of us all dabbling in crafts, we should look into helping each other become exceptional. What I would like to know from those who will be playing is:

Main character:

Halby mage

Money Maker: Tailor/Bowyer
Possible Bard or Tamer

Future craft: Scribe

Main guild will not be involved in Order/Chaos , but if there is interest down the road I am looking at this to be my PVP fix (in a seperate guild). Please post your PVP/crafting/money making preferences. Could probably use a blacksmith and alchemist, and scribes can sure be nice.

I think the best bet is to focus on making money FAST and getting prime real estate as a group. I will be chopping wood and making bows, as well as tailoring from the start. With some coordination and motivation we could get something cool going on this server. Anyone that was with me on Metropolis knows that I can find some fun and kick some ass :) Would like to see you guys try out a new server, where the playing field is level. And it's a great time to get into UO if you never played. So, post if you are down to give it a shot.

« Last Edit: October 29, 2010, 08:21:10 AM by Slayerik »

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
NiX
Wiki Admin

Locomotive Pandamonium

Reply #1 on: October 26, 2010, 08:46:41 AM

NOW he brings it back? Sheesh.

I'll possibly be there.
Soulflame
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: October 26, 2010, 09:05:49 AM

Miner!  Probably moving into blacksmithing and tinkering down the road.

Probably a tamer/mage for money.
Slyfeind
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: October 26, 2010, 10:40:02 AM

Is leatherworking a viable trade? I just like the general play of hunting, killing, skinning, etc.

"Role playing in an MMO is more like an open orchestra with no conductor, anyone of any skill level can walk in at any time, and everyone brings their own instrument and plays whatever song they want.  Then toss PvP into the mix and things REALLY get ugly!" -Count Nerfedalot
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #4 on: October 26, 2010, 11:00:43 AM

Miner, then taming.

No Nerf, but I put a link to this very thread and I said that you all can guarantee for my purity. I even mentioned your case, and see if they can take a look at your lawn from a Michigan perspective.
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: October 26, 2010, 12:11:18 PM

Is leatherworking a viable trade? I just like the general play of hunting, killing, skinning, etc.

Absolutely, it was one of my preferred ways of making money as well. Cool to explore, and hunt, and make some change. Tailoring is what uses the leather hides...you can carry more if you turn them from skins to hides with tailoring (or something like that).

Plus, GM leather armor is great money in the long run.

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #6 on: October 26, 2010, 02:18:18 PM

I am MORE than interested in this. I am excited actually.

I have very little time to play though at the moment, and it won't help that my timezone is very not compatible with any of you, which is the opposite of awesome. But I would like to be in this one way or another. Count me in!

Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: October 27, 2010, 06:25:39 AM

I am MORE than interested in this. I am excited actually.

I have very little time to play though at the moment, and it won't help that my timezone is very not compatible with any of you, which is the opposite of awesome. But I would like to be in this one way or another. Count me in!

Luckily, we have a while until launch. I am just hoping to get a decent crew together and have some fun. The last time I was a part of a server launch was when UO launched :)

Arthur_Parker
Terracotta Army

Internet Detective

Reply #8 on: October 27, 2010, 07:00:49 AM

I don't understand all this freesharding business, if this turns into anything good what's to stop EA getting it shut down?
NiX
Wiki Admin

Locomotive Pandamonium

Reply #9 on: October 27, 2010, 07:20:57 AM

I don't understand all this freesharding business, if this turns into anything good what's to stop EA getting it shut down?

Would they have a case if they've been letting it happen for over 10 years?
Arthur_Parker
Terracotta Army

Internet Detective

Reply #10 on: October 27, 2010, 07:37:46 AM

Um, yes?  But thanks for the answer as it tells me it's unlikely to happen.
Xuri
Terracotta Army

몇살이세욬ㅋ 몇살이 몇살 몇살이세욬ㅋ!!!!!1!

Reply #11 on: October 27, 2010, 07:58:00 AM

History so far shows that there are ways of having one's freeshard shut down. For example:
- Infringe on Nintendo trademarks
- Accept "donations" and then hand out "rewards" to players who donate - or microtransactions if you prefer
- Distributing the UO client

I haven't heard about anyone being shut down for being popular though (and there have been several cases of shards with upwards of a thousand players online at a time, on average).

-= Ho Eyo He Hum =-
Cadaverine
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: October 27, 2010, 08:09:36 AM

I am planning on doing something pirate-y.  I only know enough to be dangerous to myself where UO is concerned, so my plan isn't much deeper than that at the moment.

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats.
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #13 on: October 27, 2010, 08:55:01 AM

I'll probably give this a try.  Consider any possible participation from me as ultra casual.

No idea what I'll do, but most likley start with a crafter (either miner/bs or lumberjack/bowyer) to make some initial money.

-Rasix
Chinchilla
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: October 27, 2010, 04:54:18 PM

I will sing songs of lore when I was in UO and ask for tips/donations in return at the Brit Bank because that is where the action used to be.  Not this new bank I keep hearing about.  I maybe broke, but I'll be happy!!

J/K... I am curious to try the bard route if it is viable as I used to have a provo bard and would go to that dragon dungeon and provoke them on each other and walk out overweight with loads of cash :).  It was hard to do as I had to do clever stuff with boxes and such, but it was lotsa fun :).  Oh and all the while avoiding the PKs.

Besides that... craft?  Hmmmmm... I was going to do mining, but since afk-macroing will not be allowed and how incredibly time consuming mining is I gotta find what I want to do.  If I make enough money I can do potion making and poisoning, but those are large $$ sinks so hard to say.

Chinchila - LaRoche Server, APB
Drahcir - 50 Captain/GM Weaponsmith, LoTRO Silverlode (Retired)
St Drahcir - 7xMage, UO Chesapeake (Retired)
Chinchilla Dakilla - Barbarian R50, Shadowbane (Retired)
Slyfeind
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: October 27, 2010, 10:45:06 PM

My main will be sword/magery just to see if it's viable. I always had a hard time with swords, but I'm stubborn by cracky! I'LL MAKE THEM WORK!

"Role playing in an MMO is more like an open orchestra with no conductor, anyone of any skill level can walk in at any time, and everyone brings their own instrument and plays whatever song they want.  Then toss PvP into the mix and things REALLY get ugly!" -Count Nerfedalot
Xuri
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: October 27, 2010, 10:54:39 PM

I will roam around Britain Bank wearing nothing but a death robe, peeking into people's backpacks and saying "lol noob" at random intervals.

-= Ho Eyo He Hum =-
NiX
Wiki Admin

Locomotive Pandamonium

Reply #17 on: October 28, 2010, 12:52:38 PM

Music/Tailoring/Detect Hidden.

Figure it out for yourself.
Slyfeind
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: October 28, 2010, 01:36:26 PM

I will roam around Britain Bank wearing nothing but a death robe, peeking into people's backpacks and saying "lol noob" at random intervals.

HEH! win

koro
Terracotta Army

Reply #19 on: October 30, 2010, 11:12:50 PM

I'm interested in giving this a spin, though I haven't played UO since 2001 or so. I remember next to nothing about the game except leapfrogging ore while mining and making fish steaks until my eyes bled. And bouncing for a player-run bar.

I could do that again!
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Reply #20 on: November 02, 2010, 09:12:18 AM

http://inporylem.com/forum/showthread.php?173-Blue-Guild-For-the-5-of-us-NOT-PKing

Ok, I'm looking to bolster our numbers some...and have received some positive PMs about this.

Make sure to get a forum account, and maybe if you played with us on Metropolis make a mention that you had played in our guild. Post there, at least saying you are down to show that we do have a few players. Thanks guys.

IPY post:

Guild Premise:

Upon reading the "Reds" thread, it is pretty obvious this server will have no shortage of Reds. Since Ultima Online launched, I personally have always been an Anti. I was leader of a guild on Atlantic that actually tried to do our best to teach our members how to survive and PVP in the world. Sure, SSJ would azzrape us but it was usually a good time.

You will want to be a part of a group. There are plenty of red guilds waiting and ready here, and the least we can do is give them a fight once in a while. If you are blue and are looking for friends and people to train and adventure with: here you go.

Things provided: We will use ventrilo/mumble. We will have a forum/group to converse when offline. We will work to get prime real estate on the server.

The basic blue guild will consist of PvM characters, crafters, gatherers, and Paladins. For the people interested in heavy PVP, there will be an Order/Chaos guild created in the future. We may as well dabble in YARRRRRRRRRRRing.

My own qualifications: I have run UO guilds, a large Planetside and WoW guild, and a Shadowbane guild. My playtime is less as I am older now, but I can play at work and take care of a lot of business.

This guild already has 10+ members that are friends of mine, we'll have a crew regardless. I just want to offer a place for the weary (and scarse) blue that may be into crafting, PvE, and of course: PvP.

Also, being a red doesn't disqualify you. I'm sure I'll end up taking counts here and there and I usually do end up red for a while.

Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #21 on: November 02, 2010, 09:30:44 AM

Done.  I plan on totally taming and ignoring the PvP part of game for a bit. 

No Nerf, but I put a link to this very thread and I said that you all can guarantee for my purity. I even mentioned your case, and see if they can take a look at your lawn from a Michigan perspective.
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Reply #22 on: November 02, 2010, 09:36:20 AM

Done.  I plan on totally taming and ignoring the PvP part of game for a bit. 

My personal goals to start:

Make money, fast and get an awesome small house spot.
Macro
Take some people for a dungeon crawl. Make money towards a guild house.
Macro
Make more money, start macroing magery.

At the start, numbers are important. Everyone has a gimped character so fights could be hilarious. I won't be seeking fights, but I won't run from them either.

craan
Terracotta Army

... . ...br.. . ..br. . ...br

Reply #23 on: November 03, 2010, 12:12:21 PM

I'll play.  I re-subbed yesterday and fooled around with an old account on Atlantic.  I haven't played in several (5? 8?) years and don't remember much and definitely don't know anything about the new stuff they have added except through other postings.  I'll need some hand-holding in game or helpful posts here.  Magery?  Dex monkey fencing?

The last clear memory I have is starting as a woodcutter/bowmaker and encountering two thieves outside Minoc who tried to steal from me only to find a backpack full of logs.  So I let them practice stealing while I chopped wood.  We then all practiced stealing logs from each other and went to some dungeons where I would hide and try to steal black pearl (I think) from people to prevent them from casting a certain spell or something.  I don't remember but the lead thief said to target that.

PWYWWYFSWLSOCA
Xuri
Terracotta Army

Reply #24 on: November 04, 2010, 08:58:02 AM

Ah that brings back memories. I played a thief/dex-monkey at crossroads for a while back in the day, and targeting black pearl and mandrake root would make your opponents unable to cast recall, greater heal, energy bolt and explosion. Pretty much took the wind out of them :P Also, you could tab-hide when you ran out of LoS. Or maybe even out in the open. Don't remember clearly.

Hm. Maybe I WILL play a thief. Only not a death-robe one by Brit bank as I was previously only half-joking about.

-= Ho Eyo He Hum =-
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Reply #25 on: November 05, 2010, 06:50:11 AM

http://inporylem.com/forum/group.php?groupid=5

Please join this group on the forum, everyone that is interested at all.

On a side note, any Ex-Eve players will love the guild name..... hahah ... though I always thought it was a bad-ass name.

Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Reply #26 on: November 05, 2010, 12:27:33 PM

Guys, please sign up on the www.inporylem.com forums and join this group. It will really help me get an idea on numbers. So far we have Cheddar and Slyfeind...I know there was more interest than that.

Chinchilla
Terracotta Army

Reply #27 on: November 05, 2010, 11:39:59 PM

I'm on there :)!

Chinchila - LaRoche Server, APB
Drahcir - 50 Captain/GM Weaponsmith, LoTRO Silverlode (Retired)
St Drahcir - 7xMage, UO Chesapeake (Retired)
Chinchilla Dakilla - Barbarian R50, Shadowbane (Retired)
koro
Terracotta Army

Reply #28 on: November 06, 2010, 08:00:43 AM

I signed up for that group.
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Reply #29 on: November 06, 2010, 04:38:37 PM

Thanks guys, please keep em coming. And even post something if ya have an opinion on it :)

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Ultima Online  |  Topic: Guild Discussion - Ideas, crafts, PVP, etc  
Jump to: