Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 04:35:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Game Design/Development  |  Topic: For the MtG fan...Forge 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: For the MtG fan...Forge  (Read 3404 times)
Xilren's Twin

on: October 25, 2010, 04:30:26 AM

Found this neat little program on mtgsalvation's website and having played around with it, its a nice little time waster for magic.  4000+ cards, ability to put in real artwork, sealed, draft, and a quest mode.  I like playing the quest mode which is designed to mirror the old shandalar mtg game concept: start with a sealed pool play 10-40 oppoentnts with all different deck types winning cards and buying cards a long the way.

The reason i put this here is the author of this program has some nice articles up on building your own magic engine using Java.  I found it intereting.

His site is here and you can download the program itself from there as well.

"..but I'm by no means normal." - Schild
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #1 on: November 23, 2010, 11:31:43 AM

Damn you for linking this. I have downloaded it and am hooked. It's reignited my interest in the game, making me seriously consider Duels of the Planeswalkers. I would think about MTGO, but I don't want to spend that kind of money on the game.

schild
Administrator

Reply #2 on: November 23, 2010, 01:35:24 PM

Do a search for cockatrice.  On phone otherwise I'd link to it.
Zaljerem
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: November 24, 2010, 07:07:57 AM

I always had a good time with Shandalar, bugs and all ... I may have to check this out, thanks.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2010, 12:18:18 PM by Zaljerem »

Every problem has a better solution when you start thinking about it differently than the normal way. - Steve Wozniak
When is [Minecraft] going to get together with DF, have a nice cuddle and a bottle of wine and finally produce the Baby that I want ? - Ironwood
"Thank you for helping us help you help us all." - GlaDOS
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: November 27, 2010, 04:54:00 AM

Do a search for cockatrice.  On phone otherwise I'd link to it.
This? If so, seems interesting, although their server is down. Not sure if that's normal or I'm just seeing it at a weird time.

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #5 on: November 27, 2010, 10:04:50 AM

Cockatrice does actually require you to know the Magic rules pretty well, do all the upkeep and shit yourself. So if you know what you're doing, it's great. If you're just getting back into it like me, hope you have an understanding opponent.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Game Design/Development  |  Topic: For the MtG fan...Forge  
Jump to: