Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:38:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Ultima Online  |  Topic: Do you have a question about Ultima Online? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Do you have a question about Ultima Online?  (Read 22679 times)
jcthebuilder
Terracotta Army

on: October 21, 2010, 11:33:12 PM

It seems quite a few people don't know what is going on in today's UO. If you have a specific question you would like answered post it here. Some examples:

Did they ever bring back precasting?
Yes they did in Publish 13 on August 19, 2001. But it has gone through a couple of changes. You cannot equip anything while you are casting. After you cast a spell, it will "time out" after 30 seconds and can no longer target anything. During those 30 seconds, you can now equip a weapon, attack with it without ruining your stored spell. When you release the spell, you will automatically unwield your weapon. Also Special Moves cannot be activated while a spell is precasted.

Did they ever cap Faster Casting? That was dumb.
Yes they did in Publish 25 on July 13, 2004. Faster Casting for every spell casting abilitiy is capped at 2, except for Chivalry where it is capped at 4. That is unless you have Magery above 70, then Chivalry is also capped at 2.

Did they ever revamp factions? What happened to Unified PVP?
Neither has ever happened. Earlier this year there was a revamped version of Factions on test center which consisted of 3 factions with 3 new bases (old ones removed). There was a revamped global scoring system which took into consideration kill count, healing, and stealthing. Development on that has been put on hold due to the High Seas booster.
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Victim: Sirius Maximus

Reply #1 on: October 22, 2010, 06:17:05 AM

Does anyone care about current UO?

No.

Thanks for the updates though, really :)

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
Slyfeind
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: October 22, 2010, 11:50:23 AM

omg die

"Role playing in an MMO is more like an open orchestra with no conductor, anyone of any skill level can walk in at any time, and everyone brings their own instrument and plays whatever song they want.  Then toss PvP into the mix and things REALLY get ugly!" -Count Nerfedalot
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: October 22, 2010, 01:12:16 PM

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
Slyfeind
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: October 22, 2010, 01:15:51 PM

Not you, him!

"Role playing in an MMO is more like an open orchestra with no conductor, anyone of any skill level can walk in at any time, and everyone brings their own instrument and plays whatever song they want.  Then toss PvP into the mix and things REALLY get ugly!" -Count Nerfedalot
WindupAtheist
Army of One

Badicalthon

Reply #5 on: October 22, 2010, 02:03:46 PM

Man even I never went full Gutboy Barrelhouse about the game. Or at least not for a very long time now. I usually only post about UO when there's something like "game temporarily free" or "expansion coming out" to report. Fucking go away.

"You're just a dick who quotes himself in his sig."  --  Schild
"Yeah, it's pretty awesome."  --  Me
jcthebuilder
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: October 22, 2010, 02:29:46 PM

Does anyone care about current UO?
At the moment it is estimated between 50,000 and 110,000 people care about UO enough to subscribe to the game.
Quote from: Slyfeind
omg die
It doesn't seem like this will be happening anytime soon. UO still makes EA a considerable amount of money through micro-transactions. EA still thinks it is even worthwhile to have 2 dozen employees (seers) to run events.
Quote from: Windup Athiest
I usually only post about UO when there's something like "game temporarily free" or "expansion coming out" to report.
It is funny you should mention this. UO just had a return to Britannian campaign and has released an expansion called High Seas. It is proving to be very popular and I am seeing a lot of old faces returning to check it out.

If you have any more questions I will be happy to answer them.
Soulflame
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: October 22, 2010, 03:01:00 PM

He no longer amuses me.
WindupAtheist
Army of One

Badicalthon

Reply #8 on: October 22, 2010, 05:40:53 PM

Agreed.

Chinchilla
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: October 22, 2010, 08:58:05 PM

Be nice u guys. I have a question. Not sure if u will know though. I have an acct that is about 13 yrs old. It's been inactive for a few years. Do you think that acct is still going to have my character with his bank items in it?  I'm curious to just reopen the acct so I can stroll down memory lane.

Chinchila - LaRoche Server, APB
Drahcir - 50 Captain/GM Weaponsmith, LoTRO Silverlode (Retired)
St Drahcir - 7xMage, UO Chesapeake (Retired)
Chinchilla Dakilla - Barbarian R50, Shadowbane (Retired)
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #10 on: October 22, 2010, 10:22:22 PM

Slayerik.  Shaking fist

-Rasix
jcthebuilder
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: October 22, 2010, 11:02:08 PM

I have an acct that is about 13 yrs old. It's been inactive for a few years. Do you think that acct is still going to have my character with his bank items in it?  I'm curious to just reopen the acct so I can stroll down memory lane.
If your account was active in the past ~10 years, yes all your characters are definitely there. Your bank will all still be there as well.

If you had an account older than that and haven't logged in since say 1998 there is a chance your characters no longer exist. You could always call customer support and ask them to look into it for you if your account is this old.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2010, 11:03:42 PM by jcthebuilder »
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: October 23, 2010, 08:21:59 AM

Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #13 on: October 23, 2010, 06:46:03 PM

WUA brought this douche over.  Simple solution - remove his ability to see/post in the UO thread!  Or just ban him.

No Nerf, but I put a link to this very thread and I said that you all can guarantee for my purity. I even mentioned your case, and see if they can take a look at your lawn from a Michigan perspective.
WindupAtheist
Army of One

Badicalthon

Reply #14 on: October 23, 2010, 07:01:38 PM

Hey I didn't BRING him here. I just caused him to de-lurk after 4 years.  Ohhhhh, I see.

Chinchilla
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: October 23, 2010, 07:06:20 PM

WUA brought this douche over.  Simple solution - remove his ability to see/post in the UO thread!  Or just ban him.
Eh what?  You talking about Slayer?  I thought u guys were buds or at the very least got along

Chinchila - LaRoche Server, APB
Drahcir - 50 Captain/GM Weaponsmith, LoTRO Silverlode (Retired)
St Drahcir - 7xMage, UO Chesapeake (Retired)
Chinchilla Dakilla - Barbarian R50, Shadowbane (Retired)
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #16 on: October 23, 2010, 08:17:59 PM

WUA brought this douche over.  Simple solution - remove his ability to see/post in the UO thread!  Or just ban him.
Eh what?  You talking about Slayer?  I thought u guys were buds or at the very least got along

We are.   Slayerk and I are BFF's.

No Nerf, but I put a link to this very thread and I said that you all can guarantee for my purity. I even mentioned your case, and see if they can take a look at your lawn from a Michigan perspective.
Pennilenko
Terracotta Army

Reply #17 on: October 23, 2010, 09:03:48 PM

What the hell is going on here?

"See?  All of you are unique.  And special.  Like fucking snowflakes."  -- Signe
jcthebuilder
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: October 24, 2010, 04:04:32 AM

Hey I didn't BRING him here. I just caused him to de-lurk after 4 years.  Ohhhhh, I see.
I'm just a sucker for helping out Trammies who can't figure out basic things such as account billing or new game additions.
WindupAtheist
Army of One

Badicalthon

Reply #19 on: October 24, 2010, 09:29:56 AM

Yeah, their billing system isn't a dysfunctional embarrassment to EA and their new game addition totally generated something besides scorn and laughter from a collection of general MMO enthusiasts when someone linked your horrifying video. Everything is great.

Soulflame
Terracotta Army

Reply #20 on: October 24, 2010, 09:59:52 AM

I'm just a sucker for helping out Trammies who can't figure out basic things such as account billing or new game additions.
Most of us aren't trammies, you stone ignorant dogfucker.
WindupAtheist
Army of One

Badicalthon

Reply #21 on: October 24, 2010, 10:23:46 AM

But there has to be SOME reason everyone hates him. It can't just be that he's a dumbfuck.  Ohhhhh, I see.

Arthur_Parker
Terracotta Army

Internet Detective

Reply #22 on: October 24, 2010, 02:06:36 PM

I'd imagine quite a few of us quit before you started playing.
jcthebuilder
Terracotta Army

Reply #23 on: October 24, 2010, 03:49:08 PM

Yeah, their billing system isn't a dysfunctional embarrassment to EA
You are calling the UO billing system a dysfunctional embarrassment after Mythic's system billed canceled subscribers hundreds of dollars? The UO system works just fine. I've never had a problem and I could count one hand the number of times I've heard of a guildmate having an issue.
WindupAtheist
Army of One

Badicalthon

Reply #24 on: October 24, 2010, 04:24:39 PM

jcthebuilder
Terracotta Army

Reply #25 on: October 24, 2010, 05:01:57 PM

The major issue with the store is the strict fraud protections in place. EA was burned heavily by all types of scams, one of them being buying tons of stuff with fraudulent credit cards and EA getting a notice months later that the charges are being reversed. So they have implemented protections such as only 2 purchases per month and credit card must match IP address. All you have to do is call customer support if you are having an issue and they will resolve it.
WindupAtheist
Army of One

Badicalthon

Reply #26 on: October 24, 2010, 05:32:23 PM

Is that why it took them three attempts just to charge the card attached to my account when instructed to by phone, and I got a call 20 minutes later from the bank wanting to make sure there was nothing hinky going on?

jcthebuilder
Terracotta Army

Reply #27 on: October 24, 2010, 05:35:42 PM

You can change the credit card on your account through the website.
WindupAtheist
Army of One

Badicalthon

Reply #28 on: October 24, 2010, 07:40:49 PM

Charge. Not change. I called up and told them to take my money from a card they were already billing and it took them three tries.

NiX
Wiki Admin

Locomotive Pandamonium

Reply #29 on: October 26, 2010, 09:38:52 AM

And scene!

Great play everyone. Reviews are in already, fucking sucks. Awful. Just terrible. We're cancelling the production due to how mind numbingly stupid it is.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Ultima Online  |  Topic: Do you have a question about Ultima Online?  
Jump to: