Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:51:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Browser-Based Titles  |  Topic: DDTank - pbbg artilleryness 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: DDTank - pbbg artilleryness  (Read 2958 times)
Ghambit
Terracotta Army

on: October 17, 2010, 01:33:41 AM

Welp, I usually dont post games like this, but for some reason this one has me captivated.  I've played turn-based artillery games in the past but this one has a nice degree of polish and depth.  It's an MMO firstly, has HUGE amounts of itemization, marketplace, crafting, PvE and PvP, abilities, socketing, and on and on.  There's even guilding.  The sounds, music, and animation is also well done, especially if you like cutesy anime.  Overall though, it IS merely a turn-based artillery shooter... but by far has the most features.  Nice lil game.

http://ddtank.aeriagames.com/

"See, the beauty of webgames is that I can play them on my phone while I'm plowing your mom."  -Samwise
Grimwell
Developers

[Redacted]

Reply #1 on: October 18, 2010, 08:53:53 PM

I played a game like this on www.ijji.com

good mindless fun.

Grimwell
Ghambit
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: October 18, 2010, 09:09:11 PM

It's becoming apparent though that unless you pay money you're severely gimped and cheaters are abound.  Also, for the depth of play, death can come way too quickly... almost seems a waste.  I would've preferred bigger maps and/or more health.  Speaking of bigger maps...  they're so small you typically dont need power above 60 - like ever.  And if you do go above 60 for a high angle shot, you can many times shoot off the screen.  So yah, this thing has some issues.

Perhaps PvE at lvl 9 livens things up a bit... dunno

"See, the beauty of webgames is that I can play them on my phone while I'm plowing your mom."  -Samwise
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: October 18, 2010, 10:05:13 PM

I played a game like this on www.ijji.com

good mindless fun.
Was it Gunbound? I think ijji is where I played it; Hoax had a thread here about it way back when. Great game.

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
Ghambit
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: October 18, 2010, 11:49:18 PM

http://gunbound.softnyx.net/Default.aspx

I've played gunbound.  DDTank is better.  Just not quite as good as it could be.

Grimwell
Developers

[Redacted]

Reply #5 on: October 21, 2010, 08:36:40 PM

Gunbound! I wasn't going to remember that ;P

Grimwell
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Browser-Based Titles  |  Topic: DDTank - pbbg artilleryness  
Jump to: