Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 06:46:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Lord of the Rings Online  |  Topic: So, stat tomes. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: So, stat tomes.  (Read 3151 times)
Kitsune
Terracotta Army

on: October 14, 2010, 07:19:41 AM

I decided to bite the bullet FOR SCIENCE and bought Rathandil up from 78 might to 108 might, with a fight between each +10 step against level 23 White Hand Guards to see what the actual impact of the stat boosts were in a real-world way.  The end result was about a 14% boost in the average damage done by an attack and a 0.6% increase in block chance, despite being almost a 40% increase in the actual stat numbers.  At higher levels when that +30 is an even proportionately smaller boost, I can't see the effect as being anything but completely forgettable.

So for anyone out there who was curious about the value of the stat tomes, there you go.  They're absolutely not worth any real investment in time or money.

Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: October 14, 2010, 07:23:29 AM

I was thinking about this same thing last night.  I pondered buying the +40 agi tome for my burglar.  I already have something like 530 agi, so it would be a pretty small boost in performance for a lot of points.   Looking at decently geared toons, most have their primary stats in the mid-600's or so.  That being the case, I think I'd rather blow the money on something that decreases my deed grind.

Thanks for the info. 

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Kitsune
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: October 14, 2010, 08:54:55 AM

A lifer with literally nothing else to spend the points on is about the only scenario that I could see where buying the stat boosts is worthwhile at their current price.  If they were 100 points per tome, it might be worth the results I saw, but at 500 a pop it would just be crazy.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #3 on: October 14, 2010, 12:10:47 PM

I bought a few of them with my free points, I'd rather spend them on permanent bonuses than temporary ones, even if they are pretty small differences in power. But I'm one of the aforementioned lifers, so I kind of see it all as play money at this point.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #4 on: October 14, 2010, 03:17:49 PM

Spent most of my earned TPs on cosmetics and shit on sale. Got the Lone Lands pack when it was reduced and got the riding skills on both my characters when that got slashed. The rest went to making me look pretty... Of course I play to screw around and don't mind grinding deeds. 15 total TP per complete advanced deeds is nice.

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
rattran

Unreasonable

Reply #5 on: October 14, 2010, 05:51:00 PM

650 is the cap for stats, but diminishing returns kick in after about 400.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Lord of the Rings Online  |  Topic: So, stat tomes.  
Jump to: