Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 01:46:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Useless gaming news & chatter 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 121 122 [123] 124 125 ... 155 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Useless gaming news & chatter  (Read 1338681 times)
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #4270 on: November 16, 2018, 04:10:56 PM

Thanks for the Hellgate update.  I  Heart  you all. 

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #4271 on: November 18, 2018, 12:30:49 AM

Why is there no Artifact thread? Also, what's this rumor I'm hearing? NO TRADING at launch? Isn't the whole point of this game not being free and not having any free card that your assets can be traded and sold? You can answer me in the Artifact thread (!).

schild
Administrator

Reply #4272 on: November 18, 2018, 05:53:14 AM

There's no reason to have an artifact thread yet? Anyway, yeah. No trading at launch. I don't even know how to properly express how weird that is either. It's a decision that makes no sense.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #4273 on: November 18, 2018, 07:56:39 AM

And yet it seems familiar.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #4274 on: November 18, 2018, 09:28:30 AM

Digging deeper, it seems that you can sell and buy cards from the marketplace, you just can't decide who to sell them to. So you can't give your friends your unused cards and can't sell to a specific person, apparently to prevent third party bullshit, which leaves us the customers with first party bullshit.

Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #4275 on: November 18, 2018, 10:05:45 AM

Still better than arena.

schild
Administrator

Reply #4276 on: November 18, 2018, 10:21:32 AM

I have to imagine they'll break on that. Or build in a trading solution. They don't have much of a choice.
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #4277 on: November 18, 2018, 08:42:41 PM

They are going to add in phantom draft, so that should appease the mob a bit.

Don't really care about the trading thing since it's pretty rare to be directly trading cards, and not just buying/selling.  I'm sure they'll build in a trading system eventually but can understand why its not a priority for launch.

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #4278 on: November 19, 2018, 12:13:30 AM

Also, we'll be able to recycle unwanted cards into event tickets. This is really good.

Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #4279 on: November 29, 2018, 02:44:35 AM

We discussed Crossout a long time ago. It's an Auto Assault (!) inspired arena game from the War Thunder people. It has a lot of those "MMORPGy" things common to World of Tanks and the likes. Also, it has a very, very cool building system. You can assemble cars, tanks, trucks, in unthinkable ways, and they look good.
But I bring it up today cause they added today a PvE co-op open region to go explore and adventure in, do quests and so on. It scales with your level. This game has issues (cheaters, unbalanced builds, silly "gas/energy" stuff) but it's a gem.

Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #4280 on: December 02, 2018, 03:44:02 AM

Father mike
Terracotta Army

Reply #4281 on: December 02, 2018, 06:32:19 AM

That looks ... fast.  Like the mechs don't lfeel like multi-ton machines at all.

Never played it, but is that how MWO feels?

I would like to thank Vladimir Putin for ensuring that every member of the NPR news staff has had to say "Pussy Riot" on the air multiple times.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #4282 on: December 02, 2018, 08:15:21 AM

No, seems faster than MWO.  Same engine though, so could be sped up for the trailer.

One thing that bugs me, as an MWO veteran, is the destructible buildings ;  if you have to keep any of them intact for a contract, you're gonna be fucked.   why so serious?

Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #4283 on: December 02, 2018, 03:37:42 PM

Might have a big impact on your strategic design making--if you have buildings to protect, you need to do whatever you can to engage elsewhere no matter what, even if at a disavantage. But in any conflict where that's the priority, you have to be able to constrain where the enemy deploys or it's pointless. If I'm meant to protect an asset but the enemy can drop right next to the asset, I'm auto-screwed in real life or a game.
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #4284 on: December 03, 2018, 03:04:20 PM

That looks ... fast.  Like the mechs don't lfeel like multi-ton machines at all.

Never played it, but is that how MWO feels?

There's a fair amount of gameplay videos on youtube, but my favorite MWO vid is this video advertising one of their Hero Premium Mechs, The "Misery" Stalker Assault Mech.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVnkBs9WQMM

Hic sunt dracones.
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #4285 on: December 05, 2018, 10:19:17 AM

New Far Cry wants to steal that disgruntled Fallout fan base.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKseXjx_668

Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #4286 on: December 06, 2018, 07:11:27 AM

After FC5, I'm ready. That game was badass. Though I'm biased due to my experience with that one redneck soldier girl who I kept in my truck's turret because her running commentary was fucking amazing.

I mean, just thinking about it I kinda want to fire it up again just to hear her yell while she shoots... well, everything.
Lucas
Terracotta Army

Further proof that Italians have suspect taste in games.

Reply #4287 on: December 06, 2018, 08:05:32 AM

So, three "superclassic" games have recently come out in their "remastered" version:

R-Type & R-Type II :
https://store.steampowered.com/app/928390/RType_Dimensions_EX/

Bitmap Brothers' GODS:
https://store.steampowered.com/app/628720/GODS_Remastered/

Last but not least....FLASHBACK (DOS version, not the Amiga one; for now only on GOG, should be on Steam in the next few weeks):
https://www.gog.com/game/flashback

(the first two games are not available on GOG)
« Last Edit: December 06, 2018, 08:08:16 AM by Lucas »

" He's so impatient, it's like watching a teenager fuck a glorious older woman." - Ironwood on J.J. Abrams
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #4288 on: December 06, 2018, 10:29:50 AM

Jings, that's some quality nostalgia there....

Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #4289 on: December 06, 2018, 12:17:12 PM

My first game against that turbofog shite in Arena.

That's just no fun.

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #4290 on: December 06, 2018, 01:06:17 PM

There is a deck that milled the fuck out of me in Arena involving discards for every card my opponent drew. It was a right pisser so I just conceded and moved on.

Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #4291 on: December 06, 2018, 01:28:33 PM

See, here's the thing about Psychic Corrosion and Patient rebuilding (the deck you probably fought) :

It's beatable and can be fun and is not bullshit.  One guy milled 40 cards out of me at 1 life to win in a scrape that must have been exciting for both of us.  I doffed my cap to the motherfucker, even as I swore to the heavens.

However, having a card that says 'Take another turn' that you can replay and replay, stopping the other player from even playing a turn ?

THAT'S SOME FUCKING BULLSHIT.

So, you know, I was a little annoyed.

schild
Administrator

Reply #4292 on: December 06, 2018, 02:09:34 PM

Hey guys

Welcome to magic

Nice to see haemish still hates mill like his dad beat him with a sack of millstones
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #4293 on: December 06, 2018, 02:38:53 PM

Yep, I still do. But the fact I haven't spent a dime on the game makes the hurting a lot less.  why so serious?

Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #4294 on: December 06, 2018, 02:39:50 PM

Yeah, Arena is good like that.

Also, not spending is really good after Hex.

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #4295 on: December 06, 2018, 02:43:00 PM

I also got royally raped by a deck that used Tetsuko Umezawa, Fugitive to make 4 Rat Colony that were 5/1 unblockable and killed me in 1 turn. I had to tip my cap to that one.

Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #4296 on: December 06, 2018, 06:19:06 PM

Yeah, Arena is good like that.

Also, not spending is really good after Hex.
I thought most of us only spent money on Hex the once?

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Like a Klansman in the ghetto.

Reply #4297 on: December 06, 2018, 08:40:18 PM

Mtg arena code: GAMEAWARDS
25 cards
schild
Administrator

Reply #4298 on: December 06, 2018, 11:22:11 PM

whatever the gameawards are

they happened

supergiant launched some diablo horseshit on epic's platform, it doesn't seem to have loot but it's definitely trying to be diablo
farcry new dawn is ubisoft trying to make a fallout game do they have what it takes does anyone care

AND THEN THERE'S THIS RIGHT HYEA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGLTgt0EEqc

i'm moist
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #4299 on: December 06, 2018, 11:28:53 PM

Interesting.

Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #4300 on: December 06, 2018, 11:44:45 PM

Wait.  Wait. 

So...that's like Fallout: Space! meets Borderlands meets Firefly?

Or what?

When did Obsidian become Bethesda and Bethesda become Obsidian.

Do want.

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
satael
Terracotta Army

Reply #4301 on: December 06, 2018, 11:57:04 PM

I hope it's more Fallout than Borderlands but I'm excited especially since it's supposed to be out in 2019 instead of some undetermined future.
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #4302 on: December 07, 2018, 01:42:43 AM

A furry, who happens to be one of the most talented fighting games player ever, is eSport player of the year. I am happy about it.

https://youtu.be/pyR-8Fcbf48

Lucas
Terracotta Army

Further proof that Italians have suspect taste in games.

Reply #4303 on: December 07, 2018, 02:15:39 AM

Fallout: New Vegas in spaaaaace (the description on Steam also lists companions and factions)  awesome, for real

https://store.steampowered.com/app/578650/The_Outer_Worlds/

Disclaimer text at the end of the video:
Spacer's choice is not responsible for any feeling of vertigo, wonder, or hunger you may have experienced while watching this advertisement. Spacer's Choice is a wholly owned subsidiary of Universal Defence Logistics. By watching this advertisement, the viewer absolves Spacer's Choice of any liability throughout the Universe until the end of time. This advertisement was tested on animals and found 89.5% safe for human viewing. However, it is unsafe to view this advertisement while under the influence of Adrenatime [Diathylpolyoxilate and it's derivatives.]. The slogans "It's not the best choice, it's Spacer's Choice", "Taste the freedom with Spacer's Choice", "From Spacer's Choice, of course", and "You've tried the best, now try the rest" are trademarked and owned by Universal Defense Logistics, and may not be used without a form 1165SDL-UDL and a commitment of servitude of no less than ten years. This advertisement is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time. Spacer's Choice is not associated with Trucker's Choice and anyone who claims otherwise will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. Five Canids, two Raptidons, and a genetically unidentifiable space organism were all harmed during the making of this advertisement. This advertisement was filmed on Spacer's Choice 100% Pure acetate - if this advertisement begins to smoke please withdraw to a safe distance and continue viewing. Any endorsement of Spacer's Choice by the Halcyon Corporate Board is implied but not expressed. Warning: pregnant women, the elderly, and anyone who has eaten in the last two hours should avoid prolonged exposure to this advertisement. This advertisement should not be construed to represent any warrantee or guarantee, regardless of the actual words used or implied in the foregoing. Due to a recent court decision, Spacer's Choice is contractually obligated to state that Auntie Cleo products do not contain cyanide, Cystypig gastric juices, mercury, sprat intestines, or human body parts despite any claim made to the contrary by Spacer's Choice. Any similarity to persons living, dead, or in hibernation is purely coincidental. Spacer's Choice has made the legally required minimum effort to insure that the information contained in this advertisement is correct at the time of it's release. Nothing in this advertisement is intended as a substitute for the medical advice of physicians. And remember, Spacer's Choice pre-sliced bred tastes fresh because it was!
« Last Edit: December 07, 2018, 02:22:55 AM by Lucas »

" He's so impatient, it's like watching a teenager fuck a glorious older woman." - Ironwood on J.J. Abrams
Druzil
Terracotta Army

Reply #4304 on: December 07, 2018, 04:40:29 AM

New MGTA code, gets you a handful of cards

GAMEAWARDS

1x Cleansing Nova
1x Ghalta, Primal Hunger
1x Risk Factor
1x Search for Azcanta
1x Vraska's Contempt

4x Conclave Tribunal
4x The Eldest Reborn
4x Lava Coil
4x Merfolk Branchwater
4x Sinister Sabotage
Pages: 1 ... 121 122 [123] 124 125 ... 155 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Useless gaming news & chatter  
Jump to: