Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:32:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: 2010 Commonwealth Games: Now With Added Dengue 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2010 Commonwealth Games: Now With Added Dengue  (Read 3525 times)
K9
Terracotta Army

on: September 22, 2010, 05:27:10 AM

So it's looking like the 2010 Commonwealth Games in India have hit a few problems, including (but not limited to): a bridge collapsing, the ceiling of the weightlifting venue caving in, an outbreak of Dengue fever and an assessment that the athletes' village is unfit for human habitation.

I hope India manages to turn all this around, supposedly they have a reputation for last minute fixes.

I love the smell of facepalm in the morning
DraconianOne
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: September 22, 2010, 05:37:30 AM

Maybe they'll outsource it to an offshore company to sort out.

A point can be MOOT. MUTE is more along the lines of what you should be. - WayAbvPar
Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: September 22, 2010, 06:37:25 AM

I read an article about it yesterday where the head of the games made some comment about how the athlete's village was "up to standards" but that "different countries have different living standards". This was the paragraph after they said that the bathrooms in most units were full of construction debris.  ACK!

'Reality' is the only word in the language that should always be used in quotes.
K9
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: September 22, 2010, 06:40:29 AM

Apparently a nearby river is on the verge of breaking its banks too, so there might be a flood of raw sewage, and plenty of stagnant water for mosquitoes to breed in.

I read an article about it yesterday where the head of the games made some comment about how the athlete's village was "up to standards" but that "different countries have different living standards". This was the paragraph after they said that the bathrooms in most units were full of construction debris.  ACK!

The various image galleries I have seen haven't exactly painted a pretty picture of the site. They also reminded me that despite the growth of the middle class, the majority of Indians are dirt poor and live in really shitty conditions. I applaud their efforts though, and hope they pull it together.

K9
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: September 22, 2010, 07:13:47 AM

Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #5 on: September 22, 2010, 08:00:04 AM

India still a festering shithole. Film at 11.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
WayAbvPar

Reply #6 on: September 23, 2010, 08:59:44 AM

Maybe they'll outsource it to an offshore company to sort out.

Well played.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
K9
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: October 06, 2010, 08:29:03 AM

awesome, for real

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: 2010 Commonwealth Games: Now With Added Dengue  
Jump to: