Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 09:00:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  The f13 Radicalthon  |  Topic: Tradewars 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tradewars  (Read 3935 times)
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Victim: Sirius Maximus

on: September 14, 2010, 07:53:10 AM

Anyone interested in playing Tradewars? Been thinking of hosting a server with some friends and I say the more players the better. Who played back in the BBS days? Anyone want a nice light game to play at work?

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
Xuri
Terracotta Army

몇살이세욬ㅋ 몇살이 몇살 몇살이세욬ㅋ!!!!!1!

Reply #1 on: September 14, 2010, 08:56:58 AM

I didn't play it much during the BBS days (I played LotRD), but I might give it a try.

-= Ho Eyo He Hum =-
FatuousTwat
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: September 15, 2010, 02:11:16 AM

Fuck yes, I can probably get a couple of people to join in as well, if you want.

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
schild
Administrator

Reply #3 on: September 15, 2010, 05:06:17 AM

I'd play MajorMud or Telearena again, but not TradeWars. It's a strictly worse Eve, and Eve is a strictly worse Excel. And yes, I understand the 2 games at the beginning of this post are strictly worse Vanguards.
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Victim: Sirius Maximus

Reply #4 on: September 15, 2010, 06:56:26 AM

I'd play MajorMud or Telearena again, but not TradeWars. It's a strictly worse Eve, and Eve is a strictly worse Excel. And yes, I understand the 2 games at the beginning of this post are strictly worse Vanguards.

The nice part about TW is that it is turn limited. I can play my turns at work and it doesn't affect my home time with the newborn twins :)

People that are interested, I'll be posting some info soon on clients and a server address and such. Also, any input on galaxy size and turns per day would be cool.

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
FatuousTwat
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: September 16, 2010, 01:49:27 AM

Schild, have you checked out greatermud.com? It's MajorMud remade with a new non-terrible engine. I guess the guy who made megamud is making a new client that supports it as well.

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
schild
Administrator

Reply #6 on: September 16, 2010, 06:54:43 AM

I don't actually want to play MajorMud. I just want a fresh server of it so I can be a thief, rush to level 10, get the Crystal Shortsword and start backstabbing.
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: September 20, 2010, 01:23:50 PM

I would definitely play some MajorMUD or Tele-Arena.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  The f13 Radicalthon  |  Topic: Tradewars  
Jump to: