Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 08, 2024, 01:39:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: Vindictus (Mabinogi Heroes) Goes OB 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vindictus (Mabinogi Heroes) Goes OB  (Read 51620 times)
Nija
Terracotta Army

Reply #140 on: October 04, 2011, 04:30:16 AM

We have combos but we cannot jump nor can we knock monsters into the sky.
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #141 on: October 04, 2011, 05:00:40 AM

I see. I also read that your characters walk, and when you use the key to make them run they consume stamina, which makes sense. It sounds a lot more Demon's Souls, and that should be good, but for some reason I don't think I'd like such a version of the game considering that you spend most of the time re-running the same instance over and over. The faster the better.

I probably missed the "harder" Premier edition, but I feel like I'm happier with the Extreme.

Amaron
Terracotta Army

Reply #142 on: October 04, 2011, 06:08:51 AM

Our version is supposed to be "harder" but it's definitely slow paced compared to XE.    It has combo's but they aren't like the XE version either.
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #143 on: October 04, 2011, 06:23:32 AM

The combat system was already interesting, but the XE sounds like even more fun.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #144 on: October 04, 2011, 07:49:05 AM

Just tried Dragon Nest, and I would have appreciated it... if I didn't find Vindictus first. I am all for "cute" stuff, and I am sure (according to what PalmTrees and Ard said) that it has more longevity and less repetition than the Nexon game, but I am still having tons of fun by hacking, slashing and smashing everything within the Source engine and physics, and at the moment I can't feel the appeal of another plastic anime-ish world, as opposed to the bloody destructability and ultraviolence of Vindictus.

That said, aside of the difficulty, I wonder if I am laking it so much due to the Extreme version. I understand the concept of the original one, but if I try to picture the game I am playing now without jumps or constant running, it feels like a major nerf to fun.

Kageru
Terracotta Army

Reply #145 on: October 04, 2011, 04:18:00 PM

For those outside the US and Canada wanting to give Dragon Nest a go you can play on the SEA version http://dn.cherrycredits.com/. It's still in open beta and last I time I played you could only level to 20ish. Ping is a bit of an issue but it's still playable enough.

Thanks for that link, had never heard of them and there looks to be a bunch of interesting Asian titles. Just a shame Australian internet still mostly focuses on connecting to the US.

Is a man not entitled to the hurf of his durf?
- Simond
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #146 on: October 25, 2011, 05:50:11 AM

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: Vindictus (Mabinogi Heroes) Goes OB  
Jump to: