Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 12:24:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: Wierd Eve tech. issue 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wierd Eve tech. issue  (Read 2526 times)
Kovacs
Terracotta Army

on: September 13, 2010, 12:08:27 PM

I just installed windows 7 and Eve has started acting wonky.  I'm getting some crazy mouse lag.  Anytime I move my mouse the game will hitch frame rates instantly drop and can bottom at <1 FPS.  At the same time my CPU (core 2 duo, 4 gigs RAM) usage will go from 14'ish% to over 60%.  This starts as soon as I get to the login screen and continues whether I'm in station or in space.  It also does the same thing with laser, optical or a wired mouse.  The mouse I generally use works fine running Eve on a different box.

I've installed new mouse/video card/everyting drivers.  I've rolled back drivers.  I've reinstalled the game twice and run the Eve repair app.  I don't get the same or even similar results with either Starcraft 2 or other MMO's.  I've tried locking vsynch via the Catalyst Control (ati 4870) and then using interval 1 in game.  I've tried unlocking the vsynch via the CCC.

I'm not sure what to try next.  Any ideas?
tgr
Terracotta Army

Just another victim of cyber age discrimination.

Reply #1 on: September 13, 2010, 03:45:23 PM

I've heard that ATI used to have issues with their drivers, and I had a funny situation where alt-tabbing 3 times in and out of any game bluescreened my machine.

You could try with a completely different video card alltogether, see if that has any impact.

Cyno's lit, bridge is up, but one pilot won't be jumping home.
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: September 13, 2010, 03:47:05 PM

is there some 'hardware mouse icon' option to disable, maybe?

Hic sunt dracones.
Kovacs
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: September 13, 2010, 05:27:08 PM

Looks like ati's CCC 10.8 for the 4xxx and 5xxx series drivers is fucking people pretty hard.

http://www.eveonline.com/ingameboard.asp?a=topic&threadID=1374367

I'm just going to keep cleaning and rolling back and hopefully the thing will sort itself out.  Thanks guys.
Brolan
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: September 13, 2010, 05:53:58 PM

I just installed windows 7 and Eve has started acting wonky.  I'm getting some crazy mouse lag.  Anytime I move my mouse the game will hitch frame rates instantly drop and can bottom at <1 FPS.  At the same time my CPU (core 2 duo, 4 gigs RAM) usage will go from 14'ish% to over 60%.  This starts as soon as I get to the login screen and continues whether I'm in station or in space.  It also does the same thing with laser, optical or a wired mouse.  The mouse I generally use works fine running Eve on a different box.

I've installed new mouse/video card/everyting drivers.  I've rolled back drivers.  I've reinstalled the game twice and run the Eve repair app.  I don't get the same or even similar results with either Starcraft 2 or other MMO's.  I've tried locking vsynch via the Catalyst Control (ati 4870) and then using interval 1 in game.  I've tried unlocking the vsynch via the CCC.

I'm not sure what to try next.  Any ideas?

Use System Restore and go back to before you loaded the drivers. Then try running Eve with the default drivers and see if the problems still happen.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2010, 05:56:08 PM by Brolan »
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: Wierd Eve tech. issue  
Jump to: