Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 02:28:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  League of Legends  |  Topic: Miss Fortune new hero 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Miss Fortune new hero  (Read 7477 times)
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Out of the frying pan, into the fire.

on: August 31, 2010, 08:53:34 AM

On a brighter note, she's got a cowboy skin.
tazelbain
Terracotta Army

tazelbain

Reply #1 on: August 31, 2010, 09:03:19 AM

Miss Fan Service.  She maybe a viable alternative to Teemo tho.  Manamune seems to open the door for more hybrids.

"Me am play gods"
LK
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: September 01, 2010, 11:02:31 AM

I am way too excited for new (female (sexy (fanservice))) heroes.

"Then there's the double-barreled shotgun from Doom 2 - no-one within your entire household could be of any doubt that it's been fired because it sounds like God slamming a door on his fingers." - Yahtzee Croshaw
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #3 on: September 01, 2010, 01:29:44 PM

Has anyone leaked some video of her in-game yet? I can't really tell from the ss's if she looks good or bad.

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: September 01, 2010, 01:42:25 PM

Has anyone leaked some video of her in-game yet? I can't really tell from the ss's if she looks good or bad.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KF-K44T2I9Q
Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: September 10, 2010, 05:39:00 AM

Anyone played as her?  I don't play much anymore but the couple of games I did see her in she seems very mediocre, possibly bad.  She didn't even seem to have the usual new champion broken level 1 damage.  But it's hard to judge from just a couple of games and without playing as her yet.

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the Universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Victim: Sirius Maximus

Reply #6 on: September 10, 2010, 06:24:41 AM

The one game I have played (AS RIOT SINGED WOOT) , she was pretty bad. I would just pick her out of any fight and beast the fuck out of her. For a glass cannon, her damage seems underwhelming.

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: September 10, 2010, 07:03:46 AM

The one game I have played (AS RIOT SINGED WOOT) , she was pretty bad. I would just pick her out of any fight and beast the fuck out of her. For a glass cannon, her damage seems underwhelming.

That's mostly what my experiance was too.  She built damage, wasn't underleveled ot anything.  She would walk into a team fight and hit with all her abilities and do dps...and the other team would pretty much go "meh" look at her and she died.

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the Universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: September 10, 2010, 08:02:33 AM

I picked her up because I love that cowgirl skin she's got.

Haven't played an actual game w/ her though.  Trist seems twice as good as her though to be honest, for a character that has to stay out of the way.  She's got good map control though with extra speed.  But ya, she gets mowed down first.
Astorax
Contributor

Reply #9 on: September 10, 2010, 08:49:11 AM

I've had a lot of success with her.  The key is NOT to just walk into a team fight...she's a periphery hero.

She's REALLY hard to pin down as long as you don't sit in the mix of things.  She's got a great escape ability (E, rain of bullets) which allows her and her teammates to get away from chases.  Her ult does terrific damage in team fights as long as you're careful of when to use it.  Her harass is awesome early game with Q as long as you're good about when/how you use it...just takes a bit of practice.   Basically, wait until creep wave establishes itself, hit last creep in wave, and the bounce will hit enemy champ.  Rinse repeat.  Dancing out of range is really easy.

Of all the champs, I'd say flash is a solid requirement on her though.  It's essential to get that distance from enemies before they hit you so you keep your passive speed to get away.  I run flash/exhaust and use exhaust almost exclusively for defense.
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: September 10, 2010, 09:34:55 AM

I've had a lot of success with her.  The key is NOT to just walk into a team fight...she's a periphery hero.

She's REALLY hard to pin down as long as you don't sit in the mix of things.  She's got a great escape ability (E, rain of bullets) which allows her and her teammates to get away from chases.  Her ult does terrific damage in team fights as long as you're careful of when to use it.  Her harass is awesome early game with Q as long as you're good about when/how you use it...just takes a bit of practice.   Basically, wait until creep wave establishes itself, hit last creep in wave, and the bounce will hit enemy champ.  Rinse repeat.  Dancing out of range is really easy.

Of all the champs, I'd say flash is a solid requirement on her though.  It's essential to get that distance from enemies before they hit you so you keep your passive speed to get away.  I run flash/exhaust and use exhaust almost exclusively for defense.

A lot better said. 

On a side note: have a lot of people been running exhaust these days?  I know I've found myself equipped with it more than any other summoner spell.  Even on my mages and characters w/ stuns and blinds.
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: September 10, 2010, 09:40:34 AM

All about GHOST!

Exhaust has always been a great spell.

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: September 10, 2010, 09:41:52 AM

All about GHOST!

Well ya, rarely do I use anything but ghost/exhaust.

Ignite for Mord and Malz but that's about it.
Astorax
Contributor

Reply #13 on: September 10, 2010, 10:00:08 AM

All about GHOST!

Not for Miss Fortune...flash is WAY better than ghost.  Flash + her E ability gets her out of jams way better than ghost will.  She's ghost-speed with her passive, so you only need that quick burst to get distance.  With ghost, if they're already on you, it's not going to be enough to get away...at least, that's been my experience so far with her.
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: September 10, 2010, 11:39:47 AM

I was saying in general, Ghost is the shit.

Astorax
Contributor

Reply #15 on: September 10, 2010, 11:42:13 AM

I was saying in general, Ghost is the shit.

Oh fuck yeah it is. :)   I'll agree, ghost/exhaust is my most common combo of abilities...unless I'm playing with folks I'm on vent with, then I usually run ghost/ignite cause multiple exhausts when you can coordinate isn't usually needed.
LK
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: September 10, 2010, 12:06:43 PM

It's rare that I see a hero NOT use Ghost unless they have a built-in mobility mechanism like Teemo or Ezrael. Ghost is a pretty core power, but it is built-in on Miss Fortune if I'm reading right, so Flash is critical for her.

"Then there's the double-barreled shotgun from Doom 2 - no-one within your entire household could be of any doubt that it's been fired because it sounds like God slamming a door on his fingers." - Yahtzee Croshaw
Hayduke
Terracotta Army

Reply #17 on: September 10, 2010, 09:37:51 PM

She seems very popular, but from the games I've been in with her she's not really a standout in any regard.  Just part of the amorphous blob of interchangeable ranged carries (everyone but Ezreal or Kog'maw).
Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: September 11, 2010, 05:37:41 AM

She seems very popular, but from the games I've been in with her she's not really a standout in any regard.  Just part of the amorphous blob of interchangeable ranged carries (everyone but Ezreal or Kog'maw).

Any new hero is always popular and it seems always has half the population convinced they are OP and half that they suck for the first week they are out (I think Malz may be the exception, most people were convinced he sucked from day 1).  swamp poop I usually avoid playing release days and I imagine ranked is just painful a week or so after a new hero is out.

Kail
Terracotta Army

Reply #19 on: September 11, 2010, 01:26:43 PM

Played a game with an AP/hybrid Miss Fortune who was doing serious hurt.  At the end of the game, her ult was doing upwards of 200 per bullet.  We jumped the enemy team as they were trying Baron, and she got a quadra kill, which was neat.

Off-topic noob question: why Ghost instead of Flash?  I thought Flash was supposed to be the optimal "get out of jail free" card.  Distance isn't as nice as ghost, but you can flash instantly out of things like AoEs and dodge projectiles, as well as being able to flash through walls.  What's Ghost do better?
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Reply #20 on: September 11, 2010, 05:33:28 PM

I always liked it for its escape and pursuit abilities, passthrough creeps helps as well for my singed throws.

Flash is great but cooldown is longer IIRC and they nerfed the distance.

MrHat
Terracotta Army

Reply #21 on: September 14, 2010, 07:34:03 AM

New support hero Sona:

Power Chord (passive): After 3 spell casts, Sona's next attack will deal 80 + 20 x lvl magic damage, and reduce the damage the target deals by 30% for 3 seconds. Additionally, Sona's Auras persist for 3 seconds after deactivating.

Aria of Perseverance - Passive Aura: Sona plays the Aria of Perseverance, increasing nearby allied champions Armor and Magic Resist by 8/12/16/20/24. Active: Sona sends out healing melodies, healing Sona and the most wounded nearby allied champion by 50/75/100/125/150(+0.6).

Hymn of Valor - Passive Aura: Sona plays the Hymn of Valor, increasing nearby allied champions Damage and Ability Power by 8/12/16/20/24. Active: Sona fires bolts of sound, dealing 70/120/170/220/270(+0.6) magic damage to the nearest two enemies (prioritizes champions).

Song of Discord - Passive Aura: Sona plays the Song of Discord, granting nearby allied champions 14/18/22/26/30 bonus Movement Speed. Active: Sona energizes nearby allies, granting them 14/18/22/26/30% Movement Speed for 1.5 seconds.

Crescendo - Sona plays her ultimate chord, forcing enemy champions in a line in front of her to dance, taking 150/250/350(+0.7) magic damage over 2.5 seconds.

Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Reply #22 on: September 14, 2010, 07:39:28 AM

Back to Miss Fortune, played right she seems to be a beast. Had one go like 11/0/12 against our shitty team.

Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #23 on: September 14, 2010, 10:02:59 AM

So her ultimate is going to force the dance emote? That is going to be so funny. Hope she gets much better ability effects than Miss Fortune, I can't stand the look of that champ's skills.

Seems like you would max cooldowns along with aura bitch. I'm thinking a good champ for Frozen Heart.

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  League of Legends  |  Topic: Miss Fortune new hero  
Jump to: