Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 01:56:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: Plex Kill 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Plex Kill  (Read 2373 times)
Numtini
Terracotta Army

on: August 10, 2010, 01:39:51 PM

Check out the API verified killmail. Ouch.

If you can read this, you're on a board populated by misogynist assholes.
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #1 on: August 10, 2010, 02:06:43 PM

Yeah he's dumb for a number of reasons.

First off jamming 21b worth of stuff into a disposable cyno frigate is remarkably stupid. If I had to haul stuff of that value I would even take it all at once in my Obelisk which is significantly harder to gank than a t1 frigate.

Secondly, undocking with war-targets in system is pants on head retarded if you are carrying a valuable cargo or are in a ship that you care about losing. Especially in Jita where you can expect a lot of lag on the undock.

Thirdly, moving plex? Wtf kind of retard does that. There is zero reason to undock with a plex in your hold ever as you can redeem them from anywhere.

Apparently he was trying to arbitrage a 1.2m isk per unit difference between sell orders in Jita and buy orders elsewhere. That's a really shitty margin for an investment of that scale. You could literally turn over tritanium on buy orders in Jita for an hour and make more money than that with a 21b warchest. Let me put that in perspective; he lost a 21b isk investment because he thought he could make an easy 85 million or so.

- And in stranger Iains, even Death may die -

SerialForeigner Photography.
Kitsune
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: August 10, 2010, 02:28:13 PM

But check the kill details.  He died to battleship guns in a frigate.  So he was either crashed out or AFK, given the huge amount of time it'd take for a battleship to lock on and hit with large guns.
Vinadil
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: August 10, 2010, 02:59:52 PM

Hmm, says no such kill for me.  But, on the BS front... someone else could have had him scrambled... and with some targetting fits a battleship can lock pretty quickly.
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: August 10, 2010, 03:04:14 PM

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: Plex Kill  
Jump to: