Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 09:57:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Steam  |  Topic: Gratuitous Space Battles complete - $6.24 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Gratuitous Space Battles complete - $6.24  (Read 3217 times)
Azazel
Contributor

on: August 07, 2010, 08:35:46 PM

One of those games I'd always thought looked interesting, but not interesting enough for $20. For $6.24 it looks interesting enough to justify the purchase so I just picked it up, and may even play around with it at some stage.

http://azazelx.wordpress.com/ - My Miniatures and Hobby Blog.
Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: August 08, 2010, 04:46:09 AM

Yeah, I always thought it was overpriced for what it was. Twenty dollarpounds for an improved version of the MoO2 tactical screen? Pass.
Six dollarpounds? Now you're talking.

"You're really a good person, aren't you? So, there's no path for you to take here. Go home. This isn't a place for someone like you."
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: August 08, 2010, 03:27:16 PM

My review.

Cooler in theory than in practice.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
K9
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: August 09, 2010, 03:20:24 AM

Yeah, I picked this up. It's... ok. I think I need to make more sense of it before it becomes fun.

I love the smell of facepalm in the morning
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #4 on: August 09, 2010, 04:58:53 AM

After playing around with the first mission a few times, I think it's safe to say that the discounted Steam price was an appropriate and fair price for this piece of software that I shan't be playing a whole lot more of.

http://azazelx.wordpress.com/ - My Miniatures and Hobby Blog.
Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #5 on: August 09, 2010, 07:30:57 AM

I got it too. I can see myself playing it on a laptop in an airport with nothing else to do for example. Regular every day gaming? No not really.

I should get back to nature, too.  You know, like going to a shop for groceries instead of the computer.  Maybe a condo in the woods that doesn't even have a health club or restaurant attached.  Buy a car with only two cup holders or something. -Signe

I LIKE being bounced around by Tonkors. - Lantyssa

Babies shooting themselves in the head is the state bird of West Virginia. - schild
Aez
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: August 09, 2010, 05:15:02 PM

My review.

Cooler in theory than in practice.

That.
Musashi
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: August 10, 2010, 12:54:18 AM

Eh, for the price of a beer at the ball park, I got my money's worth.  I dropped like six hours on it before I got bored and moved on.  I'm sure I'll dabble here and there.

AKA Gyoza
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Steam  |  Topic: Gratuitous Space Battles complete - $6.24  
Jump to: