Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 08:27:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: Arche Age 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Arche Age  (Read 301662 times)
tmp
Terracotta Army

POW! Right in the Kisser!

Reply #1015 on: November 08, 2014, 06:01:57 PM

Incidentally, if you've uninstalled it, the HackShield stuff stays on your computer anyway. Supposedly this will work if you want to get rid of it:

Removal Instructions:

WARNING: You should uninstall ArcheAge and Glyph before removing HackShield. While it is possible for the game to function without HackShield being enabled, you are guaranteed to become reinfected by it, since it will eventually reinstall itself in an ArcheAge or Glyph update.

Note: People using a 32-bit operating system will see a slightly different file, but the instructions remain the same.

Windows 8.1:
 1. Right-click on your start button and select the "Run" (without quotes) option.
 2. When you see the run dialog, type "regedit" (without quotes) and hit enter.
 3. Using the tree-view in the left pane, navigate through the following folders: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE -> System -> CurrentControlSet -> Services
 4. In the left pane you want to locate a folder called "XEagle64" (without quotes). Right-click on this folder and select the delete option.
 5. Reboot your computer.

The Hackshield service is now uninstalled and the included system driver should not run unless you try playing ArcheAge again.

Windows7:
 1. Open your start menu and type "devmgmt.msc" (without quotes) into the search and hit enter.
 2. On the top of this window you will see a menu entry called "View". Open this entry and select "Show hidden devices".
 3. Navigate to the Non-Plug and Play section of devices.
 4. Locate "EagleX64" then right-click and uninstall it.
 5. Reboot your computer.

The Hackshield service is now uninstalled and the included system driver should not run unless you try playing ArcheAge again.

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #1016 on: November 12, 2014, 10:40:47 AM

I haven't uninstalled yet, but I think I'm done with it. I was trying to level on the enemy continent at level 37, got ganked after the first mob kill. Moved around, found someone a couple of levels higher than me and tried to gank them, lost, tried again, lost. Said fuck it, I'll level some more. Ganked by 3 or 4 that were 4-5 levels higher than me. Figured the place I needed to quest was covered up by gankers, didn't feel like trying to find somewhere else to go so logged off and played something else. I haven't really felt like going back. The leveling is pretty super boring even though it's quick. I'm going to be undergeared because I'm not a crafter and I'm a F2P player. The guild seems to have mostly distilled down to the same 2 other people that were on when I was. If I'm going to have nights where I can't even really level up to be competitive in PVP, fuck it. I just want to PVP but getting there is just fucking boring.

satael
Terracotta Army

Reply #1017 on: November 12, 2014, 11:07:36 AM

I have to say that I am getting close to finishing up with this game which I find kind of sad. I've dabbled in crafting (made a set of plate illustrious+), fished a bit (20k+ skill), pvp'd my share (in a great guild so I feel I've gotten the best out of that aspect of AA) and done some dungeons (not serpentis but others). I just don't feel like there's anything I'd really want to achieve in this game.  Ohhhhh, I see.
Senses
Terracotta Army

Reply #1018 on: November 12, 2014, 07:05:13 PM

I've certainly slowed down and sort of relaxed into the Farmville aspect of the game.  Whether or not that is a recipe for ultimately quitting, I do not know, but Trion tossed me patron till January 18th and there is little that interests me competing for my gaming attention.  I might peek around in the repopulation, been hearing a lot of buzz. 
WayAbvPar

Reply #1019 on: November 13, 2014, 11:30:58 AM

I think I am done. I couldn't log in after the Auroria update. Filed a ticket, got a response 5 days later saying 'I see it has been resolved' when I hadn't tried to log in during that time. I am sure all my shit is dead, and my property is either overdue or destroyed by now. Patron runs out next week, which is about right.

While I enjoyed the aspects of the Farmville part, is gets WAY too grindy to have to do that shit over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over...

The PVE is just abysmal, especially since there is almost nothing in the way of cool rare drops. Gear grind makes PVP a pain in the ass.

Some very cool ideas, and a lot of fun. Just a bit too Korean for me I think.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Pennilenko
Terracotta Army

Reply #1020 on: November 13, 2014, 11:32:22 AM

Some very cool ideas, and a lot of fun. Just a bit too Korean for me I think.

"See?  All of you are unique.  And special.  Like fucking snowflakes."  -- Signe
Pendan
Terracotta Army

Reply #1021 on: November 13, 2014, 01:12:54 PM

I was doing the Halcyona war for a while. Failed twice in the combine to go from the level 4 to level 5 necklace which puts you back at level 4. That was a couple weeks ago. I talked to someone who got to level 7 necklace with no fails. The large guild in my faction are no longer showing up so can't get more than 1 medal each war. So that became an extremely long grind and gave up.

I got 15k honor mostly from the rifts and bought the titles with something like +3 to all stats. Saw it was I think 30k for next title and a few more stat points and decided that was an extremely long grind.

I had the Hesla level 1 weapon before the patch. After the patch I spent 5 hours doing the Hesla token drops and was half way through. This grind is more reasonable but I decide what is the point of getting this next weapon so I stopped logging in.
satael
Terracotta Army

Reply #1022 on: November 14, 2014, 05:18:52 AM

Trion managed to turn a single player's stormy exit from a (major) guild on my server into a spectacle by removing the whole 28+ page thread from the official forums without any explanation (though google cache still has most of it).
While the thread was definitely worth removing the lack of explanation is fueling some negative feelings towards Trion since the guild in question has been seen to have gotten off without consequences (or with minor ones) from obvious prohibited practices before (mainly using addons/bots).
While I have no personal information on this particular case it does seem that Trion is rather useless when it comes to enforcing its ban on addons and bots that are not the most obvious kind.

link to a reddit thread that has links to the deleted thread.  why so serious?

edit: not worth a new post but noticed that it's now over 6 weeks since the Mirage Lilyut Horse bug was reported and Trion's response is still
"We have submitted a request to XL Games to fix the issues with the Mirage Lilyut Horse, However we cannot give any timeline for the fix of this issue."
on a simple thing like that  swamp poop
« Last Edit: November 14, 2014, 06:06:13 AM by satael »
LC
Terracotta Army

Reply #1023 on: November 16, 2014, 04:02:51 PM

I can sum up my current feelings about AA, Trion, and Hartsman with 2 pictures.

Hartsman might as well be sitting there waiting to kick you in the nuts every time you try to legitimately acquire something without using real money to bypass the RNG.

You don't pay, you don't win:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wG06WAxoR9k
« Last Edit: November 16, 2014, 04:11:02 PM by LC »
Bzalthek
Terracotta Army

"Use the Soy Sauce, Luke!" WHOM, ZASH, CLISH CLASH! "Umeboshi Kenobi!! NOOO!!!"

Reply #1024 on: November 16, 2014, 06:07:57 PM

Welcome to culture shock.  The design is for community centric crafting.  You're not going to be the individualistic hero that can get shit done.  Note:  I stopped playing after the first month because even knowing this I couldn't stomach not being able to do shit by myself without bleeding from the anus.

"Pity hurricanes aren't actually caused by gays; I would take a shot in the mouth right now if it meant wiping out these chucklefucks." ~WayAbvPar
satael
Terracotta Army

Reply #1025 on: November 16, 2014, 10:06:13 PM

edit: not worth a new post but noticed that it's now over 6 weeks since the Mirage Lilyut Horse bug was reported and Trion's response is still
"We have submitted a request to XL Games to fix the issues with the Mirage Lilyut Horse, However we cannot give any timeline for the fix of this issue."
on a simple thing like that  swamp poop

So I finally uninstalled the game when Trion sent their (automated) email saying:
"We have not heard from you concerning your request for support in the 72 hours since we sent a response. Consequently, we have changed the status of your question to SOLVED"

It made me realize that this was properly the best response I could expect from Trion on any problems (and that I while I had enjoyed some parts of the game it was time to move on)  Ohhhhh, I see.
LC
Terracotta Army

Reply #1026 on: November 17, 2014, 12:07:01 AM

It made me realize that this was properly the best response I could expect from Trion on any problems (and that I while I had enjoyed some parts of the game it was time to move on)  Ohhhhh, I see.

The game is actually pretty decent. It's their horrible support and greedy cash grabs killing it for me. A couple of patches ago my gear cost maybe 4g to repair when the smaller items were getting close to 0 dura. Now it's costing me 38g for the same repair. All because they weren't moving enough of the 1 hour no durability loss potions in the cash shop.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2014, 12:09:22 AM by LC »
Koyasha
Terracotta Army

Reply #1027 on: November 17, 2014, 06:27:16 AM

I never even noticed repair costs at all until they increased them, so even if they didn't have a potion like that I would say increasing them wasn't unreasonable if they wanted to make death more significant at 50.  Since xp is no longer lost at 50 due to the inability to lose levels and all.

-Do you honestly think that we believe ourselves evil? My friend, we seek only good. It's just that our definitions don't quite match.-
Ailanreanter, Arcanaloth
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #1028 on: November 17, 2014, 07:19:22 AM

It appears this game is slowly morphing into Allods Online.
Pennilenko
Terracotta Army

Reply #1029 on: November 17, 2014, 08:02:11 AM

It appears this game is slowly morphing into Allods Online.
Allods was less grindy.

"See?  All of you are unique.  And special.  Like fucking snowflakes."  -- Signe
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #1030 on: November 17, 2014, 08:59:45 AM

Trion support is horrible.

And by that I mean they've always been extremely helpful once I get a hold of someone, but it takes forever to actually get a response.  In Defiance it took nearly two months for them to respond to a ticket about a gun that got deleted.  I'd already stopped playing by that time.  In Trove, it took a month because I used their ticketing system instead of sending an e-mail... which just puts it in the ticketing system, but also seems to notify someone.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
WayAbvPar

Reply #1031 on: November 17, 2014, 11:44:43 AM

As far as I can tell, Trion is just a gate keeper. Any decisions of any import come from XL. Trion may be wetting their beak, but they are sullying their good (?) name being involved in this.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
dd0029
Terracotta Army

Reply #1032 on: November 17, 2014, 01:37:29 PM

As far as I can tell, Trion is just a gate keeper. Any decisions of any import come from XL. Trion may be wetting their beak, but they are sullying their good (?) name being involved in this.

I have to think that's the way it is when compared to their own FTP option with Rift. While I think Trion could have much more effectively monetized the p2w portion of the game by much more reasonable price points, their overall implementation is fairly painless.

I will agree that their support does suck though. I managed to break my phone with my authenticator app. Their online instructions were several years out of date and emails were never responded to. I only managed to get the thing fixed by courting a forum ban on their Tech Support forums. Oddly enough I did manage to snag a forum ban by calling a class developer unimaginative.
Scold
Terracotta Army

Reply #1033 on: November 17, 2014, 02:20:56 PM

I pre-ordered at the $100 level and haven't even logged in for the first time yet. I'm going to wait until  the playerbase drops and they do the inevitable "please come check us out, we removed a bunch of the grind!" patch.
WayAbvPar

Reply #1034 on: November 17, 2014, 02:22:29 PM

I pre-ordered at the $100 level and haven't even logged in for the first time yet. I'm going to wait until  the playerbase drops and they do the inevitable "please come check us out, we removed a bunch of the grind!" patch.

Have you checked with your estate attorney to make sure the account is transferable to your grandchildren?

Pennilenko
Terracotta Army

Reply #1035 on: November 17, 2014, 02:24:06 PM

...they do the inevitable "please come check us out, we removed a bunch of the grind!" patch.
Not going to happen. XLGames doesn't give two shits about making the changes Trion might need to "westernize" the MMO. I am pretty sure that XL went as far as they were going to go with easing up on the grind for the western releases.

LC
Terracotta Army

Reply #1036 on: November 17, 2014, 02:49:34 PM

I pre-ordered at the $100 level and haven't even logged in for the first time yet. I'm going to wait until  the playerbase drops and they do the inevitable "please come check us out, we removed a bunch of the grind!" patch.

You probably won't get your preorder items at this point. I didn't make all of my characters right away and it seems the offer (of something you paid for) was for a limited time. So it never gets sent to you.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2014, 02:54:36 PM by LC »
satael
Terracotta Army

Reply #1037 on: November 17, 2014, 10:02:38 PM

...they do the inevitable "please come check us out, we removed a bunch of the grind!" patch.
Not going to happen. XLGames doesn't give two shits about making the changes Trion might need to "westernize" the MMO. I am pretty sure that XL went as far as they were going to go with easing up on the grind for the western releases.

Actually I think that the Korean version has increased drop rates for stuff like armor from the mobs and archeum from the purses (from AA 1.7 onwards or something like that). XL isn't behind all the bad things and lack of some of the improvements is probably due to Trion trying to string out the content before catching up to where the Korean version is.
LC
Terracotta Army

Reply #1038 on: November 18, 2014, 12:43:01 AM

It has been quite obvious that they are holding back the better items on the cash shop (100 slot chest) to sell more of the items people wouldn't buy normally. I'm sure content is no different. A very customer unfriendly way of doing things.
Scold
Terracotta Army

Reply #1039 on: November 19, 2014, 08:56:39 AM

I pre-ordered at the $100 level and haven't even logged in for the first time yet. I'm going to wait until  the playerbase drops and they do the inevitable "please come check us out, we removed a bunch of the grind!" patch.

You probably won't get your preorder items at this point. I didn't make all of my characters right away and it seems the offer (of something you paid for) was for a limited time. So it never gets sent to you.

Pretty sure they didn't put that in writing anywhere when I signed up?
LC
Terracotta Army

Reply #1040 on: November 20, 2014, 03:36:04 AM

Maybe you can contact support and get them? I just know I got nothing when i created my 3rd and 4th characters. My email support ticket never got answered after 4 attempts. Live chat always has a queue of like 100+ waiting. It's terrible.
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #1041 on: November 20, 2014, 07:45:34 AM

They'll probably grant them, when they get around to your ticket a few months later.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Morfiend
Terracotta Army

wants a greif tittle

Reply #1042 on: December 01, 2014, 03:26:18 PM

Apparently the servers have been offline for 2 days now. I havent played in a month, but there are many lols to find in this whole thing.

http://massively.joystiq.com/2014/12/01/archeages-unscheduled-maintenance-stretches-into-day-two/

My friend who is very tied into the community said that the prevailing rumor is that something happened and they had to restore from backup, only to find that their backup was corrupted. This is completely unsubstantiated, but would be pretty crazy.
LC
Terracotta Army

Reply #1043 on: December 02, 2014, 05:10:32 AM

Apparently the servers have been offline for 2 days now. I havent played in a month, but there are many lols to find in this whole thing.

http://massively.joystiq.com/2014/12/01/archeages-unscheduled-maintenance-stretches-into-day-two/

My friend who is very tied into the community said that the prevailing rumor is that something happened and they had to restore from backup, only to find that their backup was corrupted. This is completely unsubstantiated, but would be pretty crazy.

My server was one of two that were brought back online early. They seem to have downgraded server capacity though. The server has a 3 hour queue despite the fact that almost nobody is online. Here's a screenshot of my character posing alone in the busiest spot on the east continent:

http://i.imgur.com/CfCJ4Zo.jpg
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #1044 on: December 02, 2014, 06:25:09 AM

That is one ugly character.
LC
Terracotta Army

Reply #1045 on: December 02, 2014, 02:58:03 PM

I tried to make one of the better looking characters, but I'm not very good with the character creator, and ended up with something hideous.
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #1046 on: December 02, 2014, 03:45:19 PM

Your toon looks like Bailey Jay.

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #1047 on: December 02, 2014, 05:11:03 PM

I had to Google that name...because she's a transgendered porn star.  Now I know.  Thanks dude. Ohhhhh, I see.
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #1048 on: December 02, 2014, 05:31:39 PM

Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #1049 on: December 02, 2014, 05:38:16 PM

I had to Google that name...because she's a transgendered porn star.  Now I know.  Thanks dude. Ohhhhh, I see.
No problem. DRILLING AND WOMANLINESS

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: Arche Age  
Jump to: