Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 08:14:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: College Basketball 2010 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: College Basketball 2010  (Read 15252 times)
stu
Terracotta Army

Reply #35 on: March 10, 2011, 11:10:26 AM

OMG Kemba Walker. He can make defenders look lost.

Dear Diary,
Jackpot!
ghost
The Dentist

Reply #36 on: March 11, 2011, 08:06:21 AM

Your Dawgs are likely going to have to win this game to get into e dance, Paelos.
WayAbvPar

Reply #37 on: March 11, 2011, 09:10:45 AM

My Dawgs managed to squeak one out against their archrivals (after losing to them twice in the regular season) despite 43 from Klay Thompson. That kids was fucking unconscious last night. That should be enough to get them into the dance, and it almost assuredly knocked WSU out of any shot at an at large bid. Eat a dick, Cougs.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #38 on: March 11, 2011, 09:30:59 AM

Your Dawgs are likely going to have to win this game to get into e dance, Paelos.

Theoretically. If we win, we're a lock. If we lose, it goes to some kind of math I can't do. Tbh though, if we lose twice to Alabama, I'm not extremely confident of our ability to make it out of the first round anyway.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
ghost
The Dentist

Reply #39 on: March 11, 2011, 10:30:47 AM

If UGa wins, I think they are both in.  If UGa loses, only Bama gets in
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #40 on: March 11, 2011, 12:20:01 PM

If UGa wins, I think they are both in.  If UGa loses, only Bama gets in

We're going to find out, because the Dawgs can't hold a fucking lead!

ghost
The Dentist

Reply #41 on: March 12, 2011, 04:02:52 PM

My Horns are getting absolutely spanked.   Heartbreak

At least Kentucky kicked Bammer's ass.
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #42 on: March 13, 2011, 03:23:17 PM

UGA a 10 seed!  awesome, for real

We must have had naked pictures of someone.

ghost
The Dentist

Reply #43 on: March 13, 2011, 05:27:25 PM

I don't understand how Georgia could lose to Alabama and then get into the tourney ahead of them, and Alabama won the west.  Also, Kentucky spanked Florida twice in the past two weeks and gets a four seed, yet Florida is a two seed.  Colorado out?  Virginia Tech out?  These things make no sense to me. 
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #44 on: March 13, 2011, 06:21:12 PM

Well Colorado had too many bad losses: New Mexico, Nebraska, Oklahoma, Iowa State, and San Francisco. Also Georgia beat them head to head.

As for Bama, I have no idea.

WayAbvPar

Reply #45 on: March 14, 2011, 08:47:16 AM

Bring it UGA!

UW scouting report for you-

Long and fast
Shoot A LOT of 3 pointers
Have trouble with good zone defense
Very little half court offense- they like transition
Good mix of youth and experience (starting line up is JR FR FR SR SR)
Deep bench
If 3s don't fall, they are in deep trouble

Isaiah Thomas is small, but strong, good passer, very streaky shooter
CJ Wilcox is a deadly spot up shooter- if he gets in a groove, watch out
Terrance Ross is very good from outside, but can also drive and get to the basket (he is going to be a fucking BEAST next season)
Justin Holiday is a fantastic defender and energy guy- his jumper has abandoned him, but he can jump out of the gym
Matthew Bryan-Amaning is a good defender, has some post moves, but can't finish to save his life. If he finds a way to score he can score in bunches, however
Scott Suggs- 3 point shooter mostly
Aziz N'Dyiaye (sp?)- Massive 7 footer from Senegal who has only been playing basketball for a few years. Very limited offensively, can get into foul trouble, but dominates the boards and the paint
Venoy Overton (think he will be back)- thuggish 6 man. One of the best on ball defenders in the country. Can drive to the bucket or pass. Outside shot is spotty.
Darnell Gant- Long, good shot blocker, somehow learned to shoot 3 pointers over the summer- is now surprisingly effective

That is their normal group- could see any combo of 5 on the floor at any time, but MBA and Aziz generally spell each other. Thomas runs the show, but has shown recently that if his shot isn't falling he can pass like hell (double digit assists in every Pac10 tourney game). If they hit a few three pointers and get the pace of the game going, they are REALLY hard to stop. If their opponent can frustrate them and slow things down, they can look depressingly ordinary.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #46 on: March 14, 2011, 11:45:42 AM

Scouting report for UGA:

We will smash you in the first half. We then proceed to forget how to play basketball and piss it away, tying the game up with about 5 minutes left. From that point on, who knows?

Trey Tompkins is an NBA stud who's a first rounder. Travis Leslie is probably a 2nd rounder and will stay another year to up his stock. Price is a beast down low, but he gets into foul trouble easy getting his 5 rebounds a game.

Also watch out for Ware as he likes to shoot the 3 ball, and does it at a 43% clip.

WayAbvPar

Reply #47 on: March 14, 2011, 12:47:32 PM

Gotta say I am less than enthused with the committee making UW fly all the way across the country to play a lower seed 200 miles from its campus. Why the fuck couldn't they have sent Temple to Charlotte and UW to Tucson? What happened to all the 'pod' crap?

And don't even get me started on both NC and Duke getting what are essentially home games every fucking year.

Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #48 on: March 14, 2011, 12:54:07 PM

UGA (or one of the other teams like them, take your pick) got the spot that probably should have gone to St. Mary's.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #49 on: March 14, 2011, 01:20:05 PM

UGA (or one of the other teams like them, take your pick) got the spot that probably should have gone to St. Mary's.

That's a joke. They didn't have an better road record. They didn't have a win against a top 25 team. Here's the real kicker: two of their losses were against teams that weren't even in tournament discussion (Portland & San Diego). Georgia lost to one team that's not in the tournament right now, Alabama.

El Gallo
Terracotta Army

Reply #50 on: March 14, 2011, 07:24:04 PM

Pretty sure Pitt will choke in the round of 16, but what the hell.

This post makes me want to squeeze into my badass red jeans.
ghost
The Dentist

Reply #51 on: March 14, 2011, 07:33:52 PM

Pitt got the easiest bracket.  If they don't get to the final four I'll be surprised.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: College Basketball 2010  
Jump to: