Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 12:21:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  League of Legends  |  Topic: Practice Games 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Practice Games  (Read 5635 times)
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Out of the frying pan, into the fire.

on: July 12, 2010, 03:16:02 PM

They award XP and IP.

Only 10% less than a real game.
Prospero
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: July 12, 2010, 03:19:21 PM

Yes, but getting semi-balanced teams is damn near impossible. I'll take the MM over team stacking jackasses any day. It is nice that the nights we have enough for in-house games we don't get penalized too heavily.
Kail
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: July 12, 2010, 04:27:22 PM

They award XP and IP.

Only 10% less than a real game.

Is that supposed to be live?  Because it looks inaccurate to me.  Logged on today to check this, and only got about 71 IP from a practice game, and didn't get the daily bonus, either.  In a normal game, last I played (which was admittedly a while ago), that would have netted me around 260-280 IP.  So it's still only about 1/3 of what I'd be making in a regular game.  Even without the daily bonus it's not within 90%, it's closer to 70% or 60%.
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #3 on: July 12, 2010, 05:03:33 PM

The one change I know is live is that you can play 6 before you get zero xp/ip instead of the old three.

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: July 14, 2010, 06:23:15 AM

Yay Riot, can't even try out the new champ because practice games are disabled.

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the Universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
LK
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: July 14, 2010, 09:52:59 AM

Thought you needed 4. They disabled them because when they release a new champion, everyone starts a solo game to try them out and it wrecks the servers. I know.  Ohhhhh, I see.

"Then there's the double-barreled shotgun from Doom 2 - no-one within your entire household could be of any doubt that it's been fired because it sounds like God slamming a door on his fingers." - Yahtzee Croshaw
Xeyi
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: July 21, 2010, 01:00:51 PM

Practice games are enabled again.  I've been meaning to see if I can jungle as shen without face planting in public view, so now's the time to try.
Kail
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: July 28, 2010, 04:54:13 AM

Practice games are enabled again.

YOINK, disabled again.  Or at least, you need four people in a game to start one.

Someone buy this company a server, please.
LK
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: July 28, 2010, 08:33:00 AM

Disabled on patch day, no surprise. Servers were busy last night.

This happens with every patch. They have enough servers to handle the load on normal days but buying servers for those days when every body on the planet is checking out the game will drain them financially for the 90% of the time this isn't happening.

"Then there's the double-barreled shotgun from Doom 2 - no-one within your entire household could be of any doubt that it's been fired because it sounds like God slamming a door on his fingers." - Yahtzee Croshaw
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Out of the frying pan, into the fire.

Reply #9 on: July 28, 2010, 09:40:40 AM

Disabled on patch day, no surprise. Servers were busy last night.

This happens with every patch. They have enough servers to handle the load on normal days but buying servers for those days when every body on the planet is checking out the game will drain them financially for the 90% of the time this isn't happening.

They killed the forums yesterday too in order to allow hosting of games.
Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: July 30, 2010, 09:20:38 PM

Practice games are back up, but now they have a limitation where you must have at least two players to start one.

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the Universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: August 07, 2010, 07:28:37 PM

Fuck Riot and their practice game limitations, guess I'll just test new jungling ideas in a normal game and screw over my team if they fail.

LK
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: August 07, 2010, 08:59:35 PM

5 Players vs 5 AI is a good way to test stuff.

Kail
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: August 07, 2010, 10:45:26 PM

5 Players vs 5 AI is a good way to test stuff.

If I could get a team together, I wouldn't be beating up bots by myself.

The annoying thing to me (aside from not being able to play practice matches) is that I missed Xin's free week, now it'll be another what, two, three months before I get another chance to check him out?
LK
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: August 08, 2010, 01:26:18 PM

He is fun but no longer a stomper. That is Vlad's role. You aren't missing much. Also, just create an open practice game. It'll fill up fast. Mine always do.

tazelbain
Terracotta Army

tazelbain

Reply #15 on: August 08, 2010, 09:27:22 PM

So All Random All Mid?  I played 6 of these today and it was a mixed bag.  The ones where people followed the rules and didn't leave were pretty intense.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2010, 10:05:58 PM by tazelbain »

"Me am play gods"
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #16 on: August 08, 2010, 09:56:28 PM

We should do a f13 5-man premade normal game night.

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #17 on: August 09, 2010, 02:46:18 AM

yes - we should...

Der Helm
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: August 09, 2010, 05:42:57 AM

I'd be up for that. Depending on my work schedule.  Heartbreak

"I've been done enough around here..."- Signe
LK
Terracotta Army

Reply #19 on: August 09, 2010, 08:43:15 AM

But we all play Rammus.  awesome, for real

Der Helm
Terracotta Army

Reply #20 on: August 09, 2010, 11:54:30 AM

But we all play Rammus.  awesome, for real
Imagine the look on their faces  awesome, for real

"I've been done enough around here..."- Signe
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  League of Legends  |  Topic: Practice Games  
Jump to: