Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:05:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Browser-Based Titles  |  Topic: Transformice 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Transformice  (Read 9047 times)
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

on: June 22, 2010, 02:35:02 PM

I have not played this yet (stupid work proxy blocks it, either that or it's just slashdotted all to hell) but it looks awesome.

http://www.transformice.com/en

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
Ghambit
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: June 22, 2010, 02:51:26 PM

Site is flooded already.  Looks like the game went viral this week.
This is a French game?

edit:  cant get the damned thing to load!  I wanna play this.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2010, 04:45:24 PM by Ghambit »

"See, the beauty of webgames is that I can play them on my phone while I'm plowing your mom."  -Samwise
RhyssaFireheart
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: June 22, 2010, 11:34:50 PM

OMG!  This looks awesomely hilarious!  I'd so want to be a shaman and grief other players!

Mosesandstick
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: June 23, 2010, 12:52:40 AM

Pretty addictive. My main complaint is that being shaman is cyclical and some maps basically don't require one at all.
Yoru

the y master, king of bourbon

Reply #4 on: June 23, 2010, 02:15:21 AM

OMG!  This looks awesomely hilarious!  I'd so want to be a shaman and grief other players!

You and the rest of the internet. I posted about this in the "What are you playing?" thread yesterday. It's pretty quick to load in the off-hours, but everywhere from European primetime on through American primetime, well, good luck loading.

Absolutely beautiful browser game; it's simple, fun and a cauldron for internet antics. Exactly the way I like wasting my lunch hour.
Korachia
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: June 23, 2010, 03:37:25 AM

This is truly awesome. Played it for a couple of hours last night, and I most say, its some of the cheapest best fun I have had in a while.

We could make a F13 room in there too
Ghambit
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: June 23, 2010, 08:17:15 AM

We could make a F13 room in there too

This, to me, is where the game will shine.  It gets old pugging it up even with regulars... although in a way, you get more comedic value from watching a swath of strangers and newbs.

My other complaint is that sometimes it feels like you dont have enough time to pass a level, so there's little to no reason to get creative with shaman engineering, hence a lot of constructors arent used and much of the time people just rush to their deaths.

"See, the beauty of webgames is that I can play them on my phone while I'm plowing your mom."  -Samwise
kildorn
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: June 23, 2010, 03:27:25 PM

Since it hasn't been linked here yet:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJReZRji7tg&feature=player_embedded

This game is addicting. So addicting. So funny.
Ghambit
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: June 23, 2010, 03:52:04 PM

Update on their blog, they've said they added more server capacity so things should move a bit quicker now.
I love seeing these little games blow up in popularity like this.  Especially when they're as original as this is.  Kudos to the Frenchies.

Now, let's see more games like this in the future...  maybe with bees, ants, tea-baggers, or bunnies or such.

Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: June 23, 2010, 03:54:42 PM

It's like Lemmings, but with actual Lemmings at the helm!

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
Korachia
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: June 23, 2010, 05:01:54 PM

It's like Lemmings, but with actual Lemmings at the helm!

Yeah, apparently a large percentage of the human race are truly lemmings in disguise.
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: June 23, 2010, 05:18:01 PM

Hay look, flash.

So uh, is there some way to host your own or something?

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #12 on: June 23, 2010, 11:15:40 PM

I finally got to play at some length tonight.  This thing is goddamn brilliant.

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
Korachia
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: June 25, 2010, 11:54:40 AM

Hay look, flash.

So uh, is there some way to host your own or something?

Yeah you just type eg. /room F13 and then it creates it for you, and other can join the room my typing room f13 as well.
Cadaverine
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: June 26, 2010, 02:15:25 AM

Is this the same group of people that made Dofus, or is it someone just ripping off the art style on the web page?

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats.
grebo
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: June 27, 2010, 08:50:46 PM

Someone give me a clue as to how to create the bridges, rather than just boards that fall into the chasm?  Every time I'm shaman I end up killing all the mice with bowling balls instead.

Why don't you try our other games?
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #16 on: June 27, 2010, 10:48:00 PM

awesome, for real

Do "/room somerandomname" to start your own room and practice putzing around as shaman.  Hit Help to learn about the all-important anchor hotkeys.

grebo
Terracotta Army

Reply #17 on: June 28, 2010, 11:08:33 PM

Ah, thanks.  I was slowly figuring it out, but it goes a lot faster when you're shaman every round and no other shaman is instakilling you.

Why don't you try our other games?
Mosesandstick
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: June 28, 2010, 11:40:26 PM

There are also quite a few levels where you've got be quick as a shaman because of all the lemmings mice.
Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #19 on: June 29, 2010, 12:35:15 PM

I like to build traps as a shaman and have them all fall to their doom!
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #20 on: August 23, 2010, 05:04:46 PM

Latest update included a map creator.  I have not played it yet, but player-made maps are part of the standard rotation, with a voting system to determine whether they should be kept or not.  The voting system seems to work; most of the player maps I've seen are pretty decent, and some are downright clever.

Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #21 on: August 30, 2010, 10:10:23 PM

Okay, the map editor is way too much fun.  I've uploaded my first map as @82120.  

Screenshot (try to guess how it's supposed to work!):

Just in case it gets downvoted and deleted, here's the code:
« Last Edit: August 30, 2010, 11:57:22 PM by Samwise »

Mosesandstick
Terracotta Army

Reply #22 on: August 31, 2010, 05:20:39 AM

I look forward to voting no on your map as I do on every map (jk).

I'm guessing that youre supposed to get the balls on the wheel thing on the left, so that they knock down the red plank, which will alow the mice to jump up on the one on the right? In that case couldn't you just spirit the red plank straight away?
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #23 on: August 31, 2010, 07:33:20 AM

Yeah, you can cheat by spiriting the plank, but I'm hoping most shams don't think of that.  There's also a failsafe; the balls at the top will verrry slowly roll to the left and start falling around the 1:20 mark, so if the shaman isn't filling the chute with balls like he's supposed to, the mice should still be free by around 1:00.

(edit) Boo, deleted already.  50 cheese down the drain.  tongue  I wish there was a way to try your map with more than one person, I never even got to see it in action with other players.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2010, 08:57:50 AM by Samwise »

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Browser-Based Titles  |  Topic: Transformice  
Jump to: