Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:26:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  City of Heroes / City of Villains  |  Topic: i4 information 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: i4 information  (Read 11682 times)
Llava
Contributor

Rrava roves you rong time

Reply #35 on: February 01, 2005, 11:03:56 PM

Well, Issue 3's been out for a bit over a month now.  So all in all, we've got a few months still to go.

Another tidbit from Statesman on expected features for I4:
"Don't forget to add "more mini-events like the giant Octopus, the Ghost Ship and the infamous Paladin.""

So we can expect more of that, which is nice.

Some of this stuff might be cut, but they've said nothing indicating that... and they have been pretty good about delivering stuff once they say "Next Issue, definitely."  Only thing that I can really think of that was an announced feature for an issue that got delayed was Global Chat... and that's because the system, uh, sucked.  And we really need Alliance Chat before cross-server chat.

That the saints may enjoy their beatitude and the grace of God more abundantly they are permitted to see the punishment of the damned in hell. -Saint Thomas Aquinas, Summa Theologica
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #36 on: February 01, 2005, 11:35:32 PM

My understanding is that global chat *is* alliance chat.

Meaning that if you want an alliance, you just invite the allied sgs to the same free form chat channel.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Llava
Contributor

Reply #37 on: February 02, 2005, 12:04:36 PM

Global chat can be used as alliance chat, but the process of doing so is clunky at best.  You can't invite an entire supergroup to a chat, for example.  They heard the feedback and are putting in a real alliance chat.

GOOD NEWS:

Feature page for issue 4 is up, including some screenshots and a blurb about the aforementioned "real alliance chat."

That the saints may enjoy their beatitude and the grace of God more abundantly they are permitted to see the punishment of the damned in hell. -Saint Thomas Aquinas, Summa Theologica
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #38 on: February 02, 2005, 12:07:18 PM

Solo, Team or Supergroup slug-fests for characters of all levels.
Arenas are found in zones accessible to all levels of characters: in Galaxy City, Talos Island, and Peregrine Island.
Matches can be preset or customized by the players.
Options include pick-up instant matches or scheduled events between teams and supergroups.
PvP is only done with the consent of each player involved.
Includes constantly updating Ranking System where players see their character’s ranked among the best of Paragon City.
Winners in the Arena matches gain recognition and the losers gain valuable battle experience without earning character debt.

I think I just shit myself.

Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #39 on: February 02, 2005, 12:10:02 PM

Wow.  More character creation choices.  I spent a week making characters before even going in the game.  It might be worth re-subbing just for that!  We never really grow out of playing with dolls... err... action figures.

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Mesozoic
Terracotta Army

Reply #40 on: February 02, 2005, 12:13:20 PM

Quote from: coh.com
A robust selection of Anime-inspired costumes add another level of depth to the characters created by the players.

Fuck.

...any religion that rejects coffee worships a false god.
-Numtini
Llava
Contributor

Reply #41 on: February 02, 2005, 12:13:34 PM

With the release of CoH, character generation replaced jumping as The Most Fun Thing MMOGs Have To Offer.  Though CoH also brought jumping to new heights, no pun intended.

Llava
Contributor

Reply #42 on: February 03, 2005, 11:11:16 PM

Oh snap, Observer Mode as described by Positron:

"  

Can we watch heroes battle it out in the arena, a sort of public spectacle if you will? I'd love to just log in and watch people duke it out so to speak.

(NOTE: Any or all of the following information may change by the time this makes it to Training Room or the Live servers).

Yes... to an extent.

You will be able to view the events in "Observer Mode", either when they are running, or if you are defeated and players on your side are still running around.

Observer Mode is cool. You look like a floating camera and can move around the arena map, watching the action.

Now, of course, some of you are right to point out that such a system is ripe for abuse... you can scout out enemy positions for your buddies and the like.

Thats why we made these Observer cameras targetable and easily destroyable. This is a very cool feature that adds another dimension to gameplay.

This tries to give everyone what they want. Voyeurs get to observe, defeated players get to still watch the action, "spies" can try to gather intel on opposing teams, and at the same time, opposing teams can shut down those spies easily if they so wish.

Again, this is all being tested, and may make it to the Live servers in a different manner than described here."

jpark
Terracotta Army

Reply #43 on: February 04, 2005, 07:33:47 AM

Quote from: Llava
With the release of CoH, character generation replaced jumping as The Most Fun Thing MMOGs Have To Offer.  Though CoH also brought jumping to new heights, no pun intended.

The movement kinetics to this day get my attention in CoH.  It is just brutal to look at how stiff and unlife like other games are by comparison.

I am quite intrigued by Heamish's suggestion of a Danger Room as the incarnation of player housing in this game.  CoH is doing very well at incorporating the comic genre - sooner or later they are going to do something with that iconic image of a Danger Room.

"I think my brain just shoved its head up its own ass in retaliation.
"  HaemishM.
Big Gulp
Terracotta Army

Reply #44 on: February 04, 2005, 02:02:45 PM

Quote from: jpark

I am quite intrigued by Heamish's suggestion of a Danger Room as the incarnation of player housing in this game.  CoH is doing very well at incorporating the comic genre - sooner or later they are going to do something with that iconic image of a Danger Room.

I'd like to see us be able to do something with all that influence us high level folks have beyond just paying rent.  How about splurging for the RoboDeath 5000 model Killbot to beset on our supergroup?

How about pits in the floor and deadly laser beams that have to be navigated around?  Giant spiked balls rolling after weak little controllers and blasters?  I want to splurge and deck out my danger room mad pimpin' style.  I want to pit my SG mates against each other and assorted death traps to determine who is the best of the best in the group for fabulous prizes.
Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #45 on: February 04, 2005, 02:31:45 PM

Quote from: Big Gulp
I'd like to see us be able to do something with all that influence us high level folks have beyond just paying rent.  How about splurging for the RoboDeath 5000 model Killbot to beset on our supergroup?

There is a concept.  Save up a massive butt load of influence and then spend it to get the 'attention' of an Arch-Villian focused on your SG.  I actually kind of like it.  A good sized guild with many active members could have several arch-enemies who raiding the SG's fortress, ambush them in missions, and generally just make thier life interesting.

After all, getting the attention of a big time arch-villian should mean your at the top right?  It would be a mark of achievement.

"You have all recieved youre last warning. I am in the process of currently tracking all of youre ips and pinging your home adressess. you should not have commencemed a war with me" - Aaron Rayburn
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  City of Heroes / City of Villains  |  Topic: i4 information  
Jump to: