Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 05:30:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Serious Business  |  Topic: Unknown Dem wins primary: Hey! You can't do that! 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Unknown Dem wins primary: Hey! You can't do that!  (Read 11083 times)
LK
Terracotta Army

Reply #35 on: June 15, 2010, 04:11:21 PM

It would be interesting if this was an elaborate social experiment he was unable to disclose due to pending payment for his participation.

"Then there's the double-barreled shotgun from Doom 2 - no-one within your entire household could be of any doubt that it's been fired because it sounds like God slamming a door on his fingers." - Yahtzee Croshaw
bhodi

No lie.

Reply #36 on: June 15, 2010, 06:22:41 PM

Article on slashdot today suggested that it was, in fact, voting fraud from their wonderful voting machines that have no audit trail.
Morat20
Terracotta Army

Reply #37 on: June 15, 2010, 06:44:22 PM

Article on slashdot today suggested that it was, in fact, voting fraud from their wonderful voting machines that have no audit trail.
That's impossible!

Seriously, I think the whole black box voting thing needs to be fixed simply to make accusations like this proper tin-foil hat stuff. Without any, you know, accountability you can't dismiss the kooks. Because, let's face it, shit gets hacked all the time and if there's any really big target -- it's elections.

Especially with the nightmare security choices Diebold made. You don't even need a conspiracy, just a bored guy and 2 minutes with a voting machine to fuck 'em.
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #38 on: June 15, 2010, 06:52:02 PM

It would be interesting if it was purposefully putting him on the ballot and hacking the machines to show they are vulnerable.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Morat20
Terracotta Army

Reply #39 on: June 15, 2010, 08:27:39 PM

It would be interesting if it was purposefully putting him on the ballot and hacking the machines to show they are vulnerable.
Actually, some fringe group wanting to show how hackable electronic voting systems being behind this makes more sense than any other theory I've heard.

There's actually a motive and a means there. Take a prominent election where one side or the other has absolutely no chance of winning, so you're not actually going to change any results. Take the"you're fucked anyways" primary,  pick someone absolutely unelectable, give him 20k (10k to file, 10k to do it) have him do no campaigning. Then fuck the machines, make him win, and wait until someone figures out it was a hack. Thus, you know, proving your point as soon as someone works it out.

Probably should have picked a guy with more foreign name. That started with Z or something, to avoid the 'first on the ballot' effect. (Which is good for 2 or 3%, in low-information elections).

Of course, you'd probably want to make sure no one could identify you because you just committed a large number of felonies....
Bzalthek
Terracotta Army

"Use the Soy Sauce, Luke!" WHOM, ZASH, CLISH CLASH! "Umeboshi Kenobi!! NOOO!!!"

Reply #40 on: June 15, 2010, 09:23:03 PM

You don't need to fuck the machines.  IIRC SC primaries are "open" meaning a registered voter may vote in ANY primary regardless of primary affiliation.  Some people are claiming that a bunch of republicans did this, since thier own party was the incumbent, it was a pretty sure thing who'd get the nod.  So, just in case, set up an unelectable opposition.

Least that's what I'm hearing, I claim no responsibility for whether or not this is true.

"Pity hurricanes aren't actually caused by gays; I would take a shot in the mouth right now if it meant wiping out these chucklefucks." ~WayAbvPar
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #41 on: June 15, 2010, 09:28:11 PM

It's possible, though to get enough cross-over to sway an election there should be some record of the coordination.  Whether Limbagh urging voters to do so, or local newspaper articles, or a blogger with enough sway to reach that many people.  That's why it seems to be baffling.  The voters seemed to come out of nowhere for a complete unknown.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Serious Business  |  Topic: Unknown Dem wins primary: Hey! You can't do that!  
Jump to: