Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 15, 2024, 09:37:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Lord of the Rings Online  |  Topic: LOTRO goes F2P 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: LOTRO goes F2P  (Read 3824 times)
Azazel
Contributor

on: June 04, 2010, 03:24:23 PM

Turbine is pleased to announce some exciting changes to The Lord of the Rings Online™ (LOTRO), and we wanted to make sure you got word first. This fall, LOTRO will become Free-to-Play (F2P).

What does that mean for you? Your loyalty has helped LOTRO become the ultimate adventure and we want to reward you for that. When we launch as F2P, you will automatically be upgraded to a LOTRO VIP. There will be no change to your existing subscription plan.

You don't have to lift a finger. Just continue your adventures in Middle-earth and accept our thanks. We'll take care of the rest.

The LOTRO VIP is the premium all-access pass to LOTRO F2P. Subscribers will now be called LOTRO VIPs. LOTRO VIPs have unlimited priority access to content and features.

VIP special benefits include priority server access, unlimited access to all adventures in the game*, a 20-Slot wardrobe for cosmetic clothing, top-tier customer support and more!

As a VIP, starting today, each month we'll credit your account with 500 Turbine Points to spend any way you like. That means you'll have Turbine Points in your account, ready to spend when LOTRO F2P launches this fall.**

In addition to all the exciting VIP benefits you can receive 500 free Turbine Points to use in LOTRO Free-to-Play for each LOTRO anniversary (April 24) that has elapsed since you first joined LOTRO, up to a maximum of 1,500 Turbine Points.

Plus, as a LOTRO Lifetime Member, you are entitled to an exclusive offer of 1,000 additional Turbine Points as our way of saying thank you. These points will be credited to your account once LOTRO F2P is live.

Terms & Conditions apply, click here.

http://azazelx.wordpress.com/ - My Miniatures and Hobby Blog.
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #1 on: June 04, 2010, 03:34:58 PM

What sort of crap do people buy and pay for in DDO with Turbine Points? Double xp potions? Dungeon Access? Allowances to level up past a certain level? Character Class access?

http://azazelx.wordpress.com/ - My Miniatures and Hobby Blog.
Cadaverine
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: June 04, 2010, 03:56:37 PM

Class and race access, I know of.  I think you can pay for a 32 point build if you don't want to grind out the favor to get it.

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats.
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #3 on: June 04, 2010, 04:23:33 PM

Class and race access, I know of.  I think you can pay for a 32 point build if you don't want to grind out the favor to get it.

And XP potions.  Hell, they got me.  Paid for a VIP sub and 32 point build before quitting.

No Nerf, but I put a link to this very thread and I said that you all can guarantee for my purity. I even mentioned your case, and see if they can take a look at your lawn from a Michigan perspective.
tazelbain
Terracotta Army

tazelbain

Reply #4 on: June 04, 2010, 04:29:23 PM

"Me am play gods"
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #5 on: June 04, 2010, 04:43:05 PM

-Rasix
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Lord of the Rings Online  |  Topic: LOTRO goes F2P  
Jump to: