Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 08:27:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  League of Legends  |  Topic: Smart 5-man Setups 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Smart 5-man Setups  (Read 3000 times)
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

on: May 25, 2010, 01:17:07 PM

There is a massive jump up in competition when you 5-man queue, also people put some thought into their team setups.  Thread is for posting sick lane combos or overall team combos that you see in 5-man premade queue.

I created this because I felt this was a quite creative team setup and it was brutally effective I'd say my team was better players overall but it was just too hard to control their team strategy running just a good champs no real plan setup.

Team Cleanse + Yi Rape:
Kennen w/ Cleanse
Soraka w/ Cleanse
Nidalee w/ Cleanse
Shen w/ Cleanse
Yi w/ Cleanse

The setup should be obvious, two heals + all cleanse + Yi for fight cleanup.  Shen was really overkill and I think with more damage instead they would have won faster but he might be necessary against another heal team setup.  Also from my perspective their Shen was their weakest player so that may have colored my judgment.  What made this team crazy was how beastly Yi is when used well within this comp.  He gets all the kills since everyone else starts the fight, absorbs the other team's best shots hopefully healing through them w/ cleanse + ghost + nid and ken's quick movement and then Yi walks in, can cleanse if you have one stun saved and just rapes faces.  Its a hard comp to fight against if you don't do super coordination, basically you have to drop one to force Yi out but save enough to stop him or rape down Soraka before anyone can do anything and then just out dps yi w/out disables.  Kennen was built more tanky than usual and was basically there to get stuns off to give them more of a chance for kills in team fights.  If Nid uses trap often the map control isn't too bad despite having no globals except Shen ult.

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: May 25, 2010, 02:12:41 PM

Shen + Panth + TF can make for some crazieness.  TF pops ult and any opponent or two not grouped up are simply ganked wherever they are.  All three characters can stun so the opponent rarely can escape.

You can drop on a tower and own it very fast.  You can push lanes and all be ready to jump into a teamfight still.  You can threaten Baron all the time and be even more of a thread to the other team doing Baron.  The upsides to it go on and on.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2010, 04:45:24 PM by Thrawn »

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the Universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
Prospero
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: May 25, 2010, 10:05:25 PM

Nid, Ez, Janna, Soraka, DPS == Guaranteed win. I've never beat it except when running the exact same thing.
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Out of the frying pan, into the fire.

Reply #3 on: June 04, 2010, 05:47:55 PM

Some people can play Shaco, I am not one of these people.
Prospero
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: June 04, 2010, 07:39:00 PM

I think he's still broken, which isn't helping I'm sure. But yeah, Shaco take a bit to learn.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  League of Legends  |  Topic: Smart 5-man Setups  
Jump to: