Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 07:02:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  World of Warcraft  |  Topic: Remote Auction House 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Remote Auction House  (Read 10230 times)
Hutch
Terracotta Army

on: May 19, 2010, 07:50:53 AM

Remote Auction House

Beta test announcement on the official forums

Both links spotted on mmo-champion.

Well well well. Using the auction house through a web page.

I wonder how long it will be until you can get achievements and run daily quests.

Plant yourself like a tree
Haven't you noticed? We've been sharing our culture with you all morning.
The sun will shine on us again, brother
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: May 19, 2010, 08:20:36 AM

I don't really need my games invading my life so much.

When is the Wow Stock exchange coming out?

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #2 on: May 19, 2010, 08:22:19 AM

Nifty.  Another way for college students to not pay attention during class.

-Rasix
Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: May 19, 2010, 08:34:23 AM

I know at least one person who will probably renew his subscription just for this.  Doesn't even like to play WoW much, but just likes to see how much gold he can earn playing the AH.   The answer as it turns out is a lot.
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #4 on: May 19, 2010, 08:40:41 AM

I could see this getting me more involved with the AH.  While I loved making money in EQ (twinking based economy ftw), I never really got into it with WoW.  Something like this could fascilitate that.   

However, this is going to be another monthly charge and while paltry, it means I'll likely be passing on it.  Cash becomes pretty pointless for me, once I have all of the mount upgrades I need. 

-Rasix
Musashi
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: May 19, 2010, 08:57:18 AM

It costs three real dollars for the 'opportunity' to make fake dollars on the internet.  Pass.

However, I know a guy who is going to use this to ruin your glyph-selling day.

AKA Gyoza
AutomaticZen
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: May 19, 2010, 09:19:33 AM

Best thing Blizzard has ever created for me.
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: May 19, 2010, 11:39:10 AM

It costs three real dollars for the 'opportunity' to make fake dollars on the internet.  Pass.
Some of those AH people turn it back into real money.  One $3 transaction and they made their money back for the month.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #8 on: May 19, 2010, 11:41:27 AM

Something like this might be useful but I'll have to wait for an android version. Not sure I'd use it enough to justify an extra sub fee, either.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: May 19, 2010, 12:24:15 PM

Nifty.  Another way for college students to not pay attention during class.

I often lecture large classes.  This was exactly my first thought. 

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: May 19, 2010, 12:36:42 PM

You know. I am all for innovation and what not. But now, why would anyone IN GAME, ever use the AH anymore? They can't possibly win any auctions, this will become a requirement for the game, quick.

Normal Joe who will be checking his bid after work will never win over Mary the iAuction queen and her iphone.

I don't mind mining data, but can the game play stay in the game?
« Last Edit: May 19, 2010, 12:38:18 PM by Mrbloodworth »

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #11 on: May 19, 2010, 12:39:57 PM

Bloodworth: almost all auctions in WoW sell for the buyout price, I wouldn't worry too much about eBay style sniping with this. The real advantage is for the auction maker, not the buyer.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
bhodi

No lie.

Reply #12 on: May 19, 2010, 01:09:45 PM

doesn't seem very useful. Auction addons to track prices and auto-post hundreds of materials is what gets you cash on the AH. I Don't see how useful an external program is since it has none of those features.
ezrast
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: May 19, 2010, 01:32:23 PM

It's web-based though, so it wouldn't be hard to make a program to automate all the necessary queries. Unless they add a captcha or something.
Musashi
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: May 19, 2010, 01:40:59 PM

Some of those AH people turn it back into real money.  One $3 transaction and they made their money back for the month.

I'm sure there's a few AH rangers trying to work their way through college.  But farmers aren't going to pay for this.  Why should they?  They make all their money with bots and reposting stuff with programs.  They don't need this.

AKA Gyoza
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: May 19, 2010, 02:01:28 PM

There's a Blue post saying the online AH thing will be limited to 25 buy/sells a day or something initially, going up to 200 eventually.

Most of the AH workers I've see don't even get out of bed for anything less then a few thousand auctions at a time.

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
AutomaticZen
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: May 19, 2010, 02:54:10 PM

There's a Blue post saying the online AH thing will be limited to 25 buy/sells a day or something initially, going up to 200 eventually.

Most of the AH workers I've see don't even get out of bed for anything less then a few thousand auctions at a time.

Boo.  I regularly have 700+ auctions up at a time.
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #17 on: May 19, 2010, 03:21:59 PM

O.o

Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: May 19, 2010, 03:26:05 PM

proudft
Terracotta Army

Reply #19 on: May 19, 2010, 03:39:32 PM

It's not that unmanageable with addons.  When I do a useless-crap-purge every month or so I'll put up 350 items at once.  Takes maybe 10 minutes if you have Auctionator (drag it over, it automatically undercuts whoever you click on, go).

Anybody who deals in glyphs, cut gems, or dust is going to have an assload of auctions up at all times. 
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #20 on: May 19, 2010, 03:51:22 PM

Is there still a maximum number of auctions per character these days?

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
AutomaticZen
Terracotta Army

Reply #21 on: May 19, 2010, 04:10:23 PM

O.o

Once you set Auctioneer up correctly and whatnot, and it has a couple of months of good data, it's actually pretty easy to manage.  Quick Auctions is set up to take down undercuts within a certain data set at the press of a button.  20-30 mins a day tops.
K9
Terracotta Army

Reply #22 on: May 25, 2010, 03:23:38 AM

Is there still a maximum number of auctions per character these days?

I'm pretty sure there isn't

I love the smell of facepalm in the morning
bhodi

No lie.

Reply #23 on: May 25, 2010, 09:51:15 AM

There isn't, but you still split all your auctions among a bunch of auction mules so that it's not COMPLETELY obvious that you're dominating/manipulating segments of the market.
Righ
Terracotta Army

Teaching the world Google-fu one broken dream at a time.

Reply #24 on: May 25, 2010, 01:12:54 PM

I often lecture large classes.  This was exactly my first thought. 

Hopefully they'll allow us to read in-game mail from a web browser too. The you can mail your students and tell them to pay attention.

I have set your assignments in WoW mail. Please complete them by next week and turn them in along with 1000 gold.

The camera adds a thousand barrels. - Steven Colbert
AutomaticZen
Terracotta Army

Reply #25 on: May 25, 2010, 04:44:36 PM

There isn't, but you still split all your auctions among a bunch of auction mules so that it's not COMPLETELY obvious that you're dominating/manipulating segments of the market.

Screw that.  My mule's name is Gemlord.  His sweet tux, monocle, and pimp cane let everyone know who's the master.

(Sho Nuff is in fact the master)
Shatter
Terracotta Army

Reply #26 on: May 27, 2010, 04:23:24 AM

F Blizzard and all the ways they keep trying to suck me back in....must...be...strong...
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #27 on: May 27, 2010, 12:03:10 PM

O.o

Once you set Auctioneer up correctly and whatnot, and it has a couple of months of good data, it's actually pretty easy to manage.  Quick Auctions is set up to take down undercuts within a certain data set at the press of a button.  20-30 mins a day tops.

Kinda makes it required doesn't it. Why even have an AH in game :)

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  World of Warcraft  |  Topic: Remote Auction House  
Jump to: