Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:10:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Hegemony: Philip of Macedon 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Hegemony: Philip of Macedon  (Read 2729 times)
Aez
Terracotta Army

on: May 18, 2010, 05:58:00 PM

Downloading this right now.  Very interesting.  It seems close to a Total War game, but seamless.  Tactical fights and the empire management are played on the same map/interface (like a mix pf civilization and Supreme Commander).  The replay value is probably low because there is no sandbox mode. You can only play the main campaign as a Macedonian.

It's from an indie developer with a decent view on DMR, worth the money even if the game turns out average. Vote with you wallet!

Aez
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: May 18, 2010, 06:13:44 PM

Well crap.  Anyone as an idea?  It prevents me from completing the transaction.
Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #2 on: May 18, 2010, 07:16:00 PM

Do you have your computer clock time synced to a time server? Either that, or their billing system doesn't like non UK types.

I should get back to nature, too.  You know, like going to a shop for groceries instead of the computer.  Maybe a condo in the woods that doesn't even have a health club or restaurant attached.  Buy a car with only two cup holders or something. -Signe

I LIKE being bounced around by Tonkors. - Lantyssa

Babies shooting themselves in the head is the state bird of West Virginia. - schild
Aez
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: May 22, 2010, 06:07:09 PM

I solved my technical problem by switching time zone.

I played it for a couple of hours.  It's a really great game.  The city management side is light but the warfare one is much better than Civ 4.  It's like a giant Age of Empire scenario.  The replay value looks very poor since the game is heavily scripted.

I strongly recommend it to fans of Age of Empire, Civilization and Hearts of Iron.

EDIT: I didn't provide a a direct link : http://www.longbowgames.com/hegemony/
Vaiti
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: May 23, 2010, 04:56:50 AM

You should really link the video they have for this. The screenshot are nice, but hoooly crap at their video. Not that is is omg awesome. But it sells the product to guys like me. The way you can apparantly move armies arounds makes me  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly? then the Supreme Commander type zoom in and out between world view and local city view is also much win. Almost entirely on those two little features they have sold me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oKstxAygy40

The "singple player scripted" part is the only real thing that makes me iffy. I do like myself some map generation or at the very least multiplayer action for a change of pace. I'm downloading the demo. But for the above reason 30$ seems abit high for the full game. 20$ would be more reasonable and put me into the impulse buy area off just the video. Maybe the demo will sell me fully on shelling out an extra 10$ for the full game.

EvE: Caern Robillard | Cua D'Mon
Steam Profile
Aez
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: May 23, 2010, 08:25:55 AM

Most negative part so far : it crash my computer.  A lot.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2010, 03:36:53 PM by Aez »
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Hegemony: Philip of Macedon  
Jump to: