Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:15:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  League of Legends  |  Topic: Test Realm Patch 05/14/2010 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Test Realm Patch 05/14/2010  (Read 13451 times)
schild
Administrator

Reply #35 on: May 19, 2010, 08:50:02 PM

I haven't the slightest clue what that is. Looks like part of Twisted Treeline or a new level, same organic design. Other than the turret sticking out of his mouth - obviously. Or they're working on another pet class just to annoy Heimer players.
tazelbain
Terracotta Army

tazelbain

Reply #36 on: May 25, 2010, 03:28:17 PM

I know you are all dying to hear about my love/hate affair with LoL.  After failing hard with Nid, Cho and Ezeal,  I have finally turned the corner on Corki.  Of course, my ELO is complete shit now after dropping from +20 to -4 wins to loses.  I would have used practice games but I never seem to get any actual practice in those games.

I thinking about branching into melees, Garren is the easiest?

"Me am play gods"
Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #37 on: May 25, 2010, 04:48:50 PM

I know you are all dying to hear about my love/hate affair with LoL.  After failing hard with Nid, Cho and Ezeal,  I have finally turned the corner on Corki.  Of course, my ELO is complete shit now after dropping from +20 to -4 wins to loses.  I would have used practice games but I never seem to get any actual practice in those games.

I thinking about branching into melees, Garren is the easiest?

Depends, if you are looking to play a GOOD melee champion you pretty much play Jax or you don't play melee.  As a whole melee champions are fairly weak in the game currently because it's almost always better to do just as much damage at range with a ranged or magic carry.

Garen is not a good one to learn as he's pretty bad right now.  Nasus can be good and he can be played melee and Poppy/Udyr/Warwick can all do ok as well.

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the Universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #38 on: May 25, 2010, 04:58:19 PM

You will hate LoL until you find a champ you can play well.  If you can play Corki well you really should be able to handle Nid and Ez in terms of mindset and since Corki spams skill shot I really can't see what the problem is w/ Ez, Nid requires a bit more key spam and some muscle memory I guess.

If you are switching to melee and you've been playing carries I'll keep suggesting carries also I'm assuming you don't own all the champs.

That said for solo queue carry taking ip cost into account:

1350 ip and lower:
Poppy
Trynd
Yi

3k ip:
JAX
Shaco
Katarina
Warwick
Udyr
MordK
Pantheon
Garen
Gragas

Really just buy Jax and thank me later, anything less isn't worth talking about.

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
Dtrain
Terracotta Army

Reply #39 on: May 25, 2010, 07:56:25 PM

Rammus is a beast in the 3k range (I figure tanks are on the table if Poppy has been suggested.) He can hold a tower pretty well, even if it's just by the pure bluster of rolling around looking like you're going for a hit. A couple of seconds can sometimes mean the difference between losing the tower and getting 2 kills. He's deadliest on tower defense when his taunt has gotten a few levels in it and you can pull an enemy deep (Of course let them hit you once within tower range,) and do as many of the following as necessary:
1) Pop him with the ball
2) Turn on tremmors and walk infront of their path of escape
3) Taunt again?Huh (of course his mana does give out eventually.)
4) And maybe put up your shield if you really really need it

Tremmors puts a hurt on any tower - even at level 6 you can get a tower halfway down if you're allowed to sit on it with tremmors up. And the thing has about a 50-60 second refresh time. Of course the recurring problem of mana rears it's ugly head again.

You can adapt any of the tower defending strategies you used to group fights as well, and add onto that some stupid flash tricks:
Taunt Ashe or Teemo and flash back to your team.
Flash past the tanks and taunt a melee dps.
Start rolling behind a wall of creeps and flash onto the enemy (this is primarily for the lulz.)

And of course the rolling ball is just great on it's own to engage or run down a fleeing enemy. Just don't neglect the shield - which is at least as valuable as any of the other skills.

There are a few neat things you can do with him as far as builds, but stick to a standard tank build at least at first.
tazelbain
Terracotta Army

tazelbain

Reply #40 on: June 22, 2010, 02:24:59 PM

So I am back at +4 after bottoming at -7.  Now I am back to Teemo and do alright with Corki as my secondary.  Lately I feel that a significant number of my loses are because my side has no tank so I am trying to learn Rammus.  The problem for me is skills that you need to target and have a short range. In frenzy of battle, the window to activate these skills is often much shorter than I can react.  After playing against some good Ezeals, I can see why I was no good at him.  He requires too much twitch for me. 

"Me am play gods"
LK
Terracotta Army

Reply #41 on: June 22, 2010, 02:47:32 PM

Success with Rammus is very dependent on your team following your lead and you doing your best to keep pace with other heroes on the XP curve. I am always one or two levels behind the general pack if we're not dominating because we'll get into small skirmishes that drain my health and force me back to fountain.

If everyone is the same skill level there's still a lot of combinations that are a big "Fuck you!" to your team, especially Rammus.

Pretty much any hero with a spam-friendly ranged ability will shut down Rammus in the lane phase if they are smart about it and you are laning with someone else who is melee and cannot do ranged attacks.

"Then there's the double-barreled shotgun from Doom 2 - no-one within your entire household could be of any doubt that it's been fired because it sounds like God slamming a door on his fingers." - Yahtzee Croshaw
LK
Terracotta Army

Reply #42 on: June 24, 2010, 08:59:34 PM

Servers are *hammered* by the new patch. Apparently so many good changes going in has everyone playing and Riot can't handle the load.

"Then there's the double-barreled shotgun from Doom 2 - no-one within your entire household could be of any doubt that it's been fired because it sounds like God slamming a door on his fingers." - Yahtzee Croshaw
Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #43 on: June 25, 2010, 07:01:06 AM

The Ashe volley nerf hurts a little (after playing Ashe last night it is a nerf I decided), but her new free clairvoyance skill is awwwwsooommee.  Free cast to check and brush I want or any buff/dragon/Baron I'm near and then be able to arrow initiate on any poor soul I reveal? Yes please!

Haven't seen/played the new champ enough with the servers down to have a solid opinion yet.  Seems like he could be very good and his passive is better then I expected.  I want to try him again and rush Bloodrazor, could be very very broken depending how it stacks with his W.

Laned with a Viegar last night, his ult does a lot less damage in most cases it seems.  But the buffs all round otherwise seemed to make him much more viable in team fights instead of just blowing his wad then running away.  He was making lots of crazy escape catches and stuns with the increased range on even horizon.  He could just catch their Hiemer way behind turret with a stun, walk up and blow him up in one round of spells then run off.

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the Universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
LK
Terracotta Army

Reply #44 on: June 25, 2010, 04:11:43 PM

I haven't touched Kog'maw but there's a lot of  Heart for Kog'maw because of how awesome he is (and appears to be super OP, unsure of this).

DLRiley
Terracotta Army

Reply #45 on: June 25, 2010, 07:28:59 PM

I haven't touched Kog'maw but there's a lot of  Heart for Kog'maw because of how awesome he is (and appears to be super OP, unsure of this).

don't know where you get that from.
tazelbain
Terracotta Army

tazelbain

Reply #46 on: July 04, 2010, 09:20:37 PM

I like Rammus a lot but his early game is total ass. 

"Me am play gods"
Dtrain
Terracotta Army

Reply #47 on: July 05, 2010, 12:48:22 AM

I like Rammus a lot but his early game is total ass. 

Especially so if laned against some heavy hitting ranged attackers w/ a poor lane partner.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  League of Legends  |  Topic: Test Realm Patch 05/14/2010  
Jump to: