Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 03:14:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: Looking for a good PvE Hurricane Fit. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Looking for a good PvE Hurricane Fit.  (Read 11385 times)
SurfD
Terracotta Army

on: April 21, 2010, 04:06:58 AM

As the title suggests, I am looking for suggestions on how to fit a Hurricane for Maximum PvE effectiveness.  I am planning on flying a hurricane for mission / rat grinding untill i can get myself into a Sleipnir Field Command Ship.

Open to any and all suggestions.  Being Projectile Gun boat, I am thinking of Shield tanking it (since i want to save low slots for stuff like Gyro Stabs and the like), but I am open to suggestions for a nice armor tank as well.

I tried browsing through the sticky posts on the official EvE forums, but the very few hurricane fits i could find were either REALLY old, or mostly for PvP.

So, any 'cane pilots out there have advice?   Looking for good general fits.  If i need to tweak them for rat specific defences, i think i can handle that on my own.

Darwinism is the Gateway Science.
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Victim: Sirius Maximus

Reply #1 on: April 21, 2010, 04:36:43 AM

Maybe go Cyclone for the shield boost bonus?

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
lac
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: April 21, 2010, 04:37:33 AM

I breezed through some l3's in this:

The passive tanks stuff in the lows isn't really necessary.Tracking enhancers would be a good alternative for some more oomph.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2010, 04:42:45 AM by lac »
squirrel
Contributor

Reply #3 on: April 21, 2010, 04:03:38 PM

Cross train Caldari.

What? Oh come on - how often do you get to say that??

Speaking of marketing, we're out of milk.
SurfD
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: April 21, 2010, 04:08:30 PM

Why cross train caldari? So i can fly something other then a hurricane?

Another question.  Is it worth it to go Autocannon over Artillery?  Sure, you have to practically be humping the other guy to hit him, but you get better damage.

Darwinism is the Gateway Science.
squirrel
Contributor

Reply #5 on: April 21, 2010, 04:19:27 PM

No I was kidding. Caldari has the best PvE ships but generally fall behind Amarr and Min in PvP. So Caldari pilots always hear "Cross train Amarr/Min" as a response to any PvP question. Ergo.

Speaking of marketing, we're out of milk.
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: April 21, 2010, 05:14:07 PM

Caldari EVE Online - the space themed MMO pilots always hear "Cross train Amarr/Min" as a response to any PvP question.

Re: Autocannon vs Artillery, you're going to need both eventually, you'll want autocannons for Sabres (and you definitely want Sabres), and probably Vagabonds, I don't know - what do they use? I do know Minmatar pilots can't stop talking about how gay they are for Vagabonds. That said, you rarely use short range guns in pve (except lasers, because lol Scorch).

I only trained Minmatar to Sabres.

(Train Sabres)

(Then train Amarr, because jesus christ Minmatar ships are ugly)

Also, why are you ratting in a BC till Command ships - that is crazy talk. BS are far easier to train for, they are cheaper, and in most cases superior for ratting. Plus there are tens of millions of skill points that you should probably be training before command ships. Not least gunnery supports (to V).

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
lac
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: April 22, 2010, 12:00:28 AM

Another question.  Is it worth it to go Autocannon over Artillery?  Sure, you have to practically be humping the other guy to hit him, but you get better damage.
You probably won't get better sustained dps over the course of the entire mission because you will need to spend more time getting into range than an arty boat would. Perhaps in l3's that's not much of an issue but in l4's the difference in sustained dps is huge unless you want to aggro everything from the start.
Which brings us to the tank bit, a relatively slow ship like the cane will take a whole lot more incoming damage when using autocannons because you won't just be tanking the long range npc weapons, you'll be tanking everything they have.

Still, autocannons are more fun to fly. If you use artillery, you aggro, burn away and proceed to pop everything that's chasing you. Easy but a tad boring.
tgr
Terracotta Army

Just another victim of cyber age discrimination.

Reply #8 on: April 22, 2010, 03:05:53 AM

(Then train Amarr, because jesus christ Minmatar ships are ugly)

They may not be as golden-dildo like as amarr ships, but they have what's necessary: guns. Big guns.

Cyno's lit, bridge is up, but one pilot won't be jumping home.
MahrinSkel
Terracotta Army

When she crossed over, she was just a ship. But when she came back... she was bullshit!

Reply #9 on: April 23, 2010, 10:38:21 AM

Yeah, the new art for Minmatar a couple of years ago drastically improved their "flying junkyard" look.  Some of the newer ships (the Hurricane especially) are almost pretty, in a rusty steel blade sort of way.

--Dave

--Signature Unclear
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: April 23, 2010, 11:56:12 AM

By 'some of the ships' you basically mean the Sabre, Hurricane, and Shuttle. Maybe the Hound and Reaper.

The Carriers also don't look terrible.

I would accept that Minmatar ships are not as ugly as Gallente.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2010, 12:06:14 PM by eldaec »

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
lac
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: April 23, 2010, 01:20:44 PM

The gills on a vaga, the alluring top wingy bit of the maelstrom.
That apocalyptic mad max design named rifter, the stern on a muninn, the V in the vigil,  and that broken piece of tube turned battleship, typhoon.

And as referenced a bit up, check those autocannon animations.

It's pretty cool to fly minmatar.

p.s. 1400's
tgr
Terracotta Army

Just another victim of cyber age discrimination.

Reply #12 on: April 23, 2010, 01:49:57 PM

"stationary objects react badly to 1400s" Heart

Cyno's lit, bridge is up, but one pilot won't be jumping home.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: Looking for a good PvE Hurricane Fit.  
Jump to: