Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:38:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Gog.com 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Gog.com  (Read 223574 times)
WayAbvPar

Reply #630 on: September 11, 2015, 08:32:11 AM

Volgarr the Viking for me. $12 for $3, but not something I see myself playing any time soon. Oh well. It was a cup of coffee.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #631 on: September 11, 2015, 09:31:44 AM

I also got Halfway. Genius marketing, it's worth a shot for $3, but I'm not sure they're going to get many multiple tries.
Lucas
Terracotta Army

Further proof that Italians have suspect taste in games.

Reply #632 on: September 11, 2015, 10:52:39 AM

Got "Halfway" too with my first Pinata, then I went for a second one and got "1954:Alcatraz" ($19.99), an adventure game.

" He's so impatient, it's like watching a teenager fuck a glorious older woman." - Ironwood on J.J. Abrams
Wasted
Terracotta Army

Reply #633 on: September 13, 2015, 07:31:21 AM

I couldn't resist trying it once, got an adventure game called "Jazzpunk" I've never heard of before.
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #634 on: September 13, 2015, 08:31:15 AM

Jazzpunk is really cool.

Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #635 on: September 14, 2015, 08:03:56 AM

Dark eye: chains of satinav, redshirt and hot tin roof: the cat who wore a fedora out of three pinatas.  About 50 bucks worth, but i am not particularly interested in playing any of them.

I am the .00000001428%
stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #636 on: September 18, 2015, 05:47:19 AM

This place is all nostalgia for me... got old Tex Murphys and Gabriel Knights. Not much else except adventures like that. I go to Steam for those newer Unity RPGs, which is about all I'm interested new on PC (I'm a shameless Xbone owner, for anything else).
Lucas
Terracotta Army

Reply #637 on: October 09, 2015, 10:07:46 AM

So, is this game worth buying?  (1998's "Lula:The Sexy Empire") Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

http://www.gog.com/game/lula_the_sexy_empire

kinda NSFW
« Last Edit: October 09, 2015, 10:09:25 AM by Lucas »

" He's so impatient, it's like watching a teenager fuck a glorious older woman." - Ironwood on J.J. Abrams
Lucas
Terracotta Army

Reply #638 on: January 28, 2016, 08:50:42 AM

GOG launches its own version of early access, called "games in development".

http://www.gog.com/news/introducing_games_in_development
https://www.gog.com/support/support_view/games_in_development_faq#en

Now, beside being for or against the concept of early access, the GOG approach has a nice twist: the 14-day refund policy doesn't include any max. playtime you mustn't surpass (for Steam is 2 hours, I believe; you go past that and they will deny your refund request). Also, but that's always been the case with any GOG title, you can download and keep the games.

koro
Terracotta Army

Reply #639 on: January 28, 2016, 02:41:30 PM

Too bad one of those games is Starbound, which seems to only do fairly anemic stable updates approximately once or twice a year.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #640 on: January 29, 2016, 06:45:30 AM

Yeah, I do wish the Starbound crew would get their shit together.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #641 on: January 29, 2016, 08:14:13 AM

I don't like platformers but feel I got my money's worth out of Starbound. I intentionally got in early, because I like Terraria before they added too many platformer elements.

I also liked both games in low resolution so I could, you know, select the blocks and see things on the tv 10' away; but I found I hit a point in Terraria where not being able to see as much of the screen as I could in native resolution was negatively impacting my ability to play (bosses and stuff that could shoot you from off screen).
Kail
Terracotta Army

Reply #642 on: January 29, 2016, 08:24:04 AM

To be fair, Starbound allegedly only has one more update before 1.0 and it's unstable branch is being worked on pretty regularly, so we do know at least that the devs haven't taken the money and fucked off à la Earth 2066, Journey of the Light, Stomping Land, etc.  I'm not sure if I'm on board with the whole "in development" thing, but it looks like Gog is putting more work in to keeping it legit than Steam is at least.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #643 on: January 29, 2016, 08:29:49 AM

Oh, sure, there are many, many more projects which are far shittier.  That, however, is one of the reasons I even give a fraction of a shit about Starbound.

They have a linux variant, too, in contrast to Terraria which requires me to spin up a W2012 server.  So close, yet so far.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
Lucas
Terracotta Army

Reply #644 on: February 25, 2016, 02:41:59 AM

Some deals from GOG:

http://www.gog.com/promo/weekend_promo_jesse_cox_picks_240216 (4 days to go)

http://www.gog.com/promo/weekly_staff_picks_broken_worlds_220216 (expiring in 24 hrs)

Notably, it's the first time I see "Neo Scavenger" with a discount bringing it under $7. There are also great reviews about Underrail.

Lucas
Terracotta Army

Reply #645 on: March 09, 2016, 04:55:32 AM

Aww, count me in  Heart

https://www.gog.com/news/preorder_day_of_the_tentacle_remastered

Now, over twenty years later, Day of the Tentacle is back in a remastered edition that features all new hand-drawn, high resolution artwork, with remastered audio, music and sound effects (which the original 90s marketing blurb described as ‘zany!’)

Players are able to switch back and forth between classic and remastered modes, and mix and match audio, graphics and user interface to their heart's desire. We’ve also included a concept art browser, and recorded a commentary track with the game’s original creators Tim Schafer, Dave Grossman, Larry Ahern, Peter Chan, Peter McConnell and Clint Bajakian.

Day of the Tentacle was Tim Schafer’s first game as co-project lead, and a much beloved cult classic! This special edition has been lovingly restored and remade with the care and attention that can only come from involving the game's original creators.

- 100% new hand painted, high resolution artwork
- Switch on the fly between classic mode and remastered mode
- Remastered high quality voices, sound effects and music, with emulated “iMuse” style dynamic music
- Choose between two remastered music modes: modernized, re-voiced music, or classic music which sounds just like it did in the 90s
- Concept Art Browser
- Highly customizable user interface and experience, with mix and match options for old and new play styles - play with the verb bar in remastered mode, or the new verb dial in classic mode
- Commentary track with original creators: Tim Schafer, Dave Grossman, Larry Ahern, Peter Chan, Peter McConnell and Clint Bajakian.

Game within a game: Includes full playable version of Maniac Mansion!

Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #646 on: March 21, 2016, 01:44:19 PM

Flash sale thing happening if you're sad pants about no more steam flash.
raydeen
Terracotta Army

Reply #647 on: March 24, 2016, 06:18:23 AM

I have roughly a month to find a deep dark cave to hide in before my wife sees our credit card bill. Got Pillars of Eternity, Lords of Xulima, Democracy 3, Reus, Serpent in the Staglands, Runestone Keeper, and some others (free game was The Wolf Among Us). All in all, not too bad but I'm sure I'll be hearing about it.

I was drinking when I wrote this, so sue me if it goes astray.
Lucas
Terracotta Army

Reply #648 on: March 24, 2016, 06:56:35 AM

I have roughly a month to find a deep dark cave to hide in before my wife sees our credit card bill. Got Pillars of Eternity, Lords of Xulima, Democracy 3, Reus, Serpent in the Staglands, Runestone Keeper, and some others (free game was The Wolf Among Us). All in all, not too bad but I'm sure I'll be hearing about it.

Stay safe  roflcopter

Lucas
Terracotta Army

Reply #649 on: June 01, 2016, 10:20:54 AM

GOG Connect:

https://www.gog.com/connect

This will allow you to import (certain selected, and in "waves") Steam games to your GOG Library/Galaxy Client, something I hoped  would happen sooner or later. Note: Your Steam library won't be affected.

Personally, I'm gonna take advantage of that because I prefer the GOG galaxy client to the Steam one, no matter the "shinies" of the latter; plus, as you know, you can download a DRM-free copy of any game of your GOG library.

It also has implications with the "Steam family" feature: you purchase a game you're regularly playing on Steam, your wife/kid/friend  wants to play/try it out too during your "videogaming" hours, so you can give him/her access to your GOG account with the same game, without spending another dime.

P.S. Right now GOG servers are experiencing some difficulties :P
« Last Edit: June 01, 2016, 10:23:10 AM by Lucas »

schild
Administrator

Reply #650 on: June 01, 2016, 11:04:54 AM

I would far rather get games from Gog over to Steam. The gog platform is effectively bloatware. As in anything over 0 bits is being forced on me for VERY few games.
satael
Terracotta Army

Reply #651 on: June 01, 2016, 11:18:28 AM

YOUR ACCOUNTS ARE BEING CONNECTED
Due to exceedingly high demand this may take up to several days, please check back later. Thank you for your patience.
why so serious?
ezrast
Terracotta Army

Reply #652 on: June 01, 2016, 11:34:58 AM

I'm unlikely to ever want to use Galaxy over Steam, but there's nothing wrong with de-DRM'ing stuff for free.
schild
Administrator

Reply #653 on: June 01, 2016, 11:42:23 AM

I'm unlikely to ever want to use Galaxy over Steam, but there's nothing wrong with de-DRM'ing stuff for free.

Basically this.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #654 on: June 02, 2016, 07:36:08 AM

I did get this to work.  Three entire games.

I saw a lot of things on my Steam list that I absolutely do not remember buying.

schild
Administrator

Reply #655 on: June 02, 2016, 10:44:05 AM

Yea, I got 10 games outta it. Zero of which I've spent any time with except Witcher 1. Gog kinda blows.
Lucas
Terracotta Army

Reply #656 on: June 02, 2016, 12:15:51 PM

Yea, I got 10 games outta it. Zero of which I've spent any time with except Witcher 1. Gog kinda blows.

Why is that?

schild
Administrator

Reply #657 on: June 02, 2016, 02:46:26 PM

Why is that?
I have 400+ games on Steam. Of the possibly things it could have grabbed, it mostly grabbed garbage. Now, granted, they have lots of shit they likely don't have the license for to do this, but it's really a strong display of how poor the Gog catalog is overall.
Kail
Terracotta Army

Reply #658 on: June 02, 2016, 03:58:57 PM

I like this move, but I don't know how much it helps Gog.  Once upon a time they had a pretty distinctive library, but now that Steam is allowing every basement studio to release whatever they want, a lot of the stuff which would previously maybe have been Gog exclusive is showing up on Steam.

Galaxy itself is kind of weird, I had originally thought it was going to be like their version of Steam with achievements and social features and stuff but it's way, way behind Steam and Steam is accelerating. 

I love Gog and really wish them the best but I am kind of worried about their place in the market now that Steam is basically "everything you get on Gog plus more stuff".  Linking their library with Steam is a nice start and a neat quality of life feature but it doesn't really fix the fact that the only people Gog appeals to these days are nerds like me who are worried about still being able to play Darksiders from our bomb shelters after the robots take over.
KallDrexx
Terracotta Army

Reply #659 on: June 02, 2016, 07:40:04 PM

It seems to be broken, since it claims that I have zero eligible games but I 100% have witcher 1, FTL, and quite a bunch others that it claims are not in my steam library
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #660 on: June 08, 2016, 01:19:29 PM

Summer sale is on, if you visit through the client you get a free copy of System Shock 2.
Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #661 on: December 02, 2016, 06:42:47 AM

Holiday sales are on.

They are giving away Neverwinter Nights + expansions for free.

Someone liked something? Who the fuzzy fuck was this heretic? You don't come to this website and enjoy something. Fuck that. ~ The Walrus
Torinak
Terracotta Army

Reply #662 on: May 11, 2017, 09:25:24 PM

Eador: Genesis (the first of the Eador series) is free for another 32 hours.

Worth it if you like turn-based fantasy strategy games.

The sequels are on sale, but are buggy re-skins of the first game based on the comments.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #663 on: May 12, 2017, 09:08:03 AM

I played Eador: Masters of the Broken World - my Steam library says I made it 71 minutes before ditching it and uninstalling. If I remember right, I hated the combat.

Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #664 on: May 12, 2017, 10:00:10 AM

I played Eador: Masters of the Broken World - my Steam library says I made it 71 minutes before ditching it and uninstalling. If I remember right, I hated the combat.
I believe I had a technical issue that stopped me from even getting that far, without any urge to bother troubleshooting it very far.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Gog.com  
Jump to: