Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:05:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Magic: The Gathering Online  |  Topic: Would you play more if.... 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Would you play more if....  (Read 2716 times)
LordDax
Terracotta Army

on: January 16, 2005, 05:13:07 PM

My roommates and I were discussing the game and we found we hate how you have to pay for cards online and in real life. And then we came up with this idea of the way we wouldn't mind MtG:Online.

We think that there should be some way for the online game to be able to scan in the cards packs you buy. Maybe charge a few dollars more for the reallife cards but they all have a unique barcode that you can scan into the game server once and getting a matching/slightly randomized card pack.

If Nintendo/WoTC can have that E-reader Pokemon cards thingy, why cant MtG/WoTC have something similar?

What do you guys think? Would something like this make you play more since you didn't have to buy cards twice?

When the future doesn't appear to be the way you like it, re-invent it!
Calantus
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: January 16, 2005, 08:59:16 PM

I'd play more if drafts had trivial/no cost to play. Right now I don't want to play magic because my favourite part of it is so damn expensive.
Xilren's Twin

Reply #2 on: January 17, 2005, 09:30:45 AM

No question they would have more players with lower cost or alternative costs.  Hell, the suggestions on pricing schemes alone had their own board back in beta.  Then they dropped the full price bomb.

It has long been requested that WotC offer some sort of monthly fee for drafting & sealed where you dont keep the cards.

They arent interested..so drafting is mucho expensive unless you can consistently win/top3.

Which is why I basically only play leagues and fun games.  Makes me sadf.

Xilren

"..but I'm by no means normal." - Schild
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Magic: The Gathering Online  |  Topic: Would you play more if....  
Jump to: