Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:47:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Game Design/Development  |  Topic: Sprite Libraries 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Sprite Libraries  (Read 4075 times)
Ghambit
Terracotta Army

on: April 13, 2010, 10:15:54 AM

Anyone have any good online sprite libraries I can pillage?  So far, all the ones I've found are "pokemon" style.  I'm looking for something more mature... more flesh tones and less cartoony.

"See, the beauty of webgames is that I can play them on my phone while I'm plowing your mom."  -Samwise
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: April 13, 2010, 10:23:26 AM

That's a tall order. Most royalty free ones are going to be PS one/animie style.

Better idea may be to use something now, and cruse deviant art or some such and see if you cant find a bored pixel artists to make you some.

EDIT: also, whatcha doing :)
« Last Edit: April 13, 2010, 10:28:13 AM by Mrbloodworth »

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
Ghambit
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: April 13, 2010, 11:17:23 AM

That's a tall order. Most royalty free ones are going to be PS one/animie style.

Better idea may be to use something now, and cruse deviant art or some such and see if you cant find a bored pixel artists to make you some.

EDIT: also, whatcha doing :)

Ahh!!  Deviant Art... thanks for the reminder.  Yah, if I have to pay a few bucks for a nice library that's ok too.  Like Schild says, there's definitely an Art to spriting... I just dont have the time to play with it.
As for what I'm doing, it's a secret.   Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?   Nah, I'm trying out this new 2d MMO game engine I found - shows a LOT of promise.  I'll post about it if it bears fruit, but so far it's the best one I've played with short of the ones that require heavy raw coding.

"See, the beauty of webgames is that I can play them on my phone while I'm plowing your mom."  -Samwise
schild
Administrator

Reply #3 on: April 13, 2010, 11:53:59 AM

Genesis, Eclipse, XTreme Worlds, Alter Engine, VBGore? Which one, sir.
Ghambit
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: April 13, 2010, 12:10:26 PM

ding ding ding... Genesis2d.
I just found it, dunno if it's really any good yet, hence why I didnt bother posting about it.  I assume you've played with it?

Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: April 13, 2010, 12:19:41 PM

wow, OK. Heh, no I haven't played with it personally, but I wonder if it has relation to Genesis3D.

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
Ghambit
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: April 13, 2010, 12:24:04 PM

wow, OK. Heh, no I haven't played with it personally, but I wonder if it has relation to Genesis3D.

No, it doesnt.  But, here's the website if you want to play with it.
http://devogeninteractive.com/forum/index.php

Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: April 13, 2010, 12:26:43 PM

looks like fun, report back with cool stuff and or annoying stuff?

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Game Design/Development  |  Topic: Sprite Libraries  
Jump to: