Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 02:11:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  The f13 Radicalthon  |  Topic: Baldening: The Lost Episodes 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Baldening: The Lost Episodes  (Read 14973 times)
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #35 on: July 19, 2011, 03:00:31 PM

I tried to go through BG1 once with Xan instead of Dynaheir...lack of fireball makes me sad.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
WindupAtheist
Army of One

Badicalthon

Reply #36 on: July 19, 2011, 07:30:03 PM

It'd be a cold day in hell before I ever dragged that emo elf around with me, even if he were a god. On the evil side, it comes down to Xzar or Edwin. I guess Edwin is slightly better stat-wise, but come on, a barking mad necromancer voiced by Frank "Megatron" Welker? How could any evil party worth a damn say no?

My standard non-custom BG1 party was fighter protagonist, Shar-Teel, Viconia, Montaron, Safana, and Xzar. Safana is one of those characters almost nobody bothers with, but Chaotic Neutral is almost as good as Evil and I wanted a pure thief.

"You're just a dick who quotes himself in his sig."  --  Schild
"Yeah, it's pretty awesome."  --  Me
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #37 on: July 20, 2011, 04:01:37 PM

I think my main party ended up being a Paladin, Khalid, Jahiera, Imoen, Branwen, Dynahier.

I think I tried once to go through with some goofy party of evil/whatever involving a Wizard main, Safana, Garrick, Viconia, Shar-teel...and I forget who else. I'm sure it ended up being a mess.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
WindupAtheist
Army of One

Badicalthon

Reply #38 on: July 20, 2011, 05:03:44 PM

I think at some point I'll port a level 30+ character in ToB gear back into BG1 (since I'm playing Trilogy and can do that) and just run around with a party of oddballs like Faldorn and Eldoth. Just to see what the hell they say to each other while I solo the game, since I've never taken them.

Sheepherder
Terracotta Army

Reply #39 on: July 21, 2011, 12:21:52 AM

To me that sounds like too much effort to be semi-legitimate.  Also too much effort to hear a few sound clips, since BG1 NPC's don't do too much more.

Technically Yoshimo is a single-class thief, so BG2 does have one, just it's the Bounty Hunter kit.  So pretty much not a thief.
WindupAtheist
Army of One

Badicalthon

Reply #40 on: July 21, 2011, 07:58:13 AM

With a beyond-invincible overpowered character, and knowledge of the game that only playing it a billion times over the years can print into the brain, I could probably speedrun BG1 in like half an hour. There's really very little you absolutely NEED to do to advance the plot. Everything that comes before actually entering Baldur's Gate, that is to say the whole first half of the game, could be dispensed with by ganking the right four dudes without stopping to talk to anyone.

Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  The f13 Radicalthon  |  Topic: Baldening: The Lost Episodes  
Jump to: