Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:34:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Age of Conan  |  Topic: Offline progression 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Offline progression  (Read 7321 times)
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

on: April 01, 2010, 10:41:27 AM

From the February Director's letter.

Offline progression

Another new additional feature that is coming to all players during these expansion updates is a small, but significant addition for subscribers (this won’t be available to trial players) and that is a new offline progression system. The pace of leveling in the game we feel is pretty much where we would like it to be, but we also understand that players like leveling alternate characters, and like to explore additional classes, but can’t always ‘keep up’. This new system will award players with additional levels accrued over time that can be allocated to your characters in character creation. It isn’t designed as a ‘power leveling’ system (it would take you something like nine months to max a character using this method alone! …and that amount may be tweaked yet) but it is designed to allow you to earn and allocate additional levels to your characters over time.

It is of course important to remember that this will be completely optional. You will be able to choose where, and when, you allocate these extra levels from the character creation screen.

This is intended as a small bonus to subscribers, and isn’t seen as any kind of a replacement for actually playing the game, we just wanted to add something that is an ongoing bonus for your subscription. So even if you go on holiday or have to take a break from playing you will return to some extra levels allocated to your favorite characters.

In my book, 9 months is not even that bad.

Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: April 28, 2010, 08:54:42 AM

This is now ON and I thin it's a great idea.

Coolest part is it works retro-actively (word?) so when I logged in today I noticed that I had some "offline progression XP" to spend on my characters. I checked my alts and I had a conqueror at 75 that I could improve to level 79. Let me tell you, no matter how cool a game is, to be able to skip the last 4 levels out of 5 (max is 80) when you did that part three times already just by clicking on a "+" symbol is probably wrong but feels very nice.

Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: April 28, 2010, 09:56:46 AM

The system started off today with giving each active account four levels to distribute. Every 4 days from now on there will be one additional level added to your pool. In character selection screen you will be able to assign these levels to any of your characters. The only requirement is that the character is at least level 30.

The mentioned 4 days are real-time days meaning it doesn’t matter if you ever logged in with your account during those 4 days or not, the additional level will be added to your pool. It is a requirement though that your account is active and has a running subscription.

If all your characters are level 80 and you can’t therefore use these additional levels at the moment, you will keep on gaining levels but won't be able to assign them to a character unless you start a new one and that one reaches level 30.

It’s important to mention that this feature is completely optional. So you could also choose to never assign any additional level from your Offline Character Progression pool to any of your characters.

So no retro-activity. Only 4 levels free to everyone. And a new level every 4 days.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2010, 09:59:16 AM by Falconeer »

Lt.Dan
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: April 28, 2010, 03:55:39 PM

A level every four days - I hate to say it but that sounds too generous.  What's the point of playing?  How many levels would you get in that time if you were playing normally (like 2 hours a day)?
Nija
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: April 28, 2010, 05:51:55 PM

A level every four days - I hate to say it but that sounds too generous.  What's the point of playing?  How many levels would you get in that time if you were playing normally (like 2 hours a day)?

About 3/4 to 1 level in 2 hours in the 40s for me now.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Age of Conan  |  Topic: Offline progression  
Jump to: