Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:27:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  League of Legends  |  Topic: 3 on 3 Map "Twisted Treeline" Now Live 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 3 on 3 Map "Twisted Treeline" Now Live  (Read 13411 times)
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Victim: Sirius Maximus

on: March 30, 2010, 10:45:34 AM

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
schild
Administrator

Reply #1 on: March 30, 2010, 10:49:10 AM

Thank fucking god.
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Out of the frying pan, into the fire.

Reply #2 on: March 30, 2010, 11:03:37 AM

Sweet, this is still the most fun I've been having at a multiplayer in a while.

So who's the OP at Twisted? What 3v3 becomes God Like? I'd think that AoE becomes even more involved?

Awesome trailer btw.
schild
Administrator

Reply #3 on: March 30, 2010, 11:06:38 AM

I'd imagine Taric/Nidalee/Alister (Or Rammus) is unstoppable.
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: March 30, 2010, 11:23:46 AM

I imagine TF looses a lot of luster here. Not as much map to control. Disables have to be key.

Nasus - great slow and 1 on 1 ability
Fiddle - fear,
Taric - stun, health, heal
Nid - mobility, heal, damage
Ryze - stun, burst
Anivia - slow aoe slow survivability
Rammus - taunt, mobility, survivability, aoe
Annie - because she fucks things up and stuns

I'm sure the list goes on...this is all just from guesses, haven't played much TT

EDIT: Maybe Trynd for escapes
and Jax for assbeating?
Teemo schrooms from hell and stealth
Yi for highlander assbeating?
Mundo ?
Poppy?
Shen gets around
Shanko?

« Last Edit: March 30, 2010, 12:45:25 PM by Slayerik »

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: March 30, 2010, 12:09:05 PM

Single Target CC:

Taric Sion Fiddle

Two stuns and a fear with multi silence, heal, survivable and enough DPS/AOE.

3 life Tryndamere: Place bomb on trynd. Speed him up. Put on hourglass. When he wakes, invuln him. Use trynd ult eventually. Also Good early harassment with Zilean/Kayle in lane.

Trynd/Zilean/Kayle

I Gets Around:

Gragas/Kassidin/Nidalee/Tristana (I know it is 4, pretty interchangable)

Mobility/escapability and DPS. Gragas to fuck up their ranks with ult and can escape even after a pounding.

I'm just coming up with shit, hope to hear others...

schild
Administrator

Reply #6 on: March 30, 2010, 12:11:06 PM

You are (Gragas/Kass would be a disaster, they need a slow ramp up for a bit, which TT does not have). I assure you the squad I listed is Instaban in any tournament where possible. Exchange Jax for Nidalee if you suck as Nid.
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: March 30, 2010, 12:13:59 PM

You are (Gragas/Kass would be a disaster, they need a slow ramp up for a bit, which TT does not have). I assure you the squad I listed is Instaban in any tournament where possible. Exchange Jax for Nidalee if you suck as Nid.

Yeah didn't think about build up time really. I'd like to see others...I believe your squad is great, but I'd like to hear other ideas. Got any?

schild
Administrator

Reply #8 on: March 30, 2010, 12:15:10 PM

No, because that's The Wrecking Crew. Everything else is second rate by comparison.
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: March 30, 2010, 12:18:30 PM

No, because that's The Wrecking Crew. Everything else is second rate by comparison.

Alright then, anyone else got ideas on a second rate team for TT?

schild
Administrator

Reply #10 on: March 30, 2010, 12:20:35 PM

Heh, you could've just said "I don't want to play those characters." awesome, for real

Fiddle would probably be fine if he has enough output with Dark Wind and enough time to get farmed out a bit. Tristana's OK, but due to the enclosed spaces, it's probably best to just go for Nid/Jax.

New CM is better than old CM on the map, but survivability is a question early on. Getting farmed out on TT is more noticeable than the other map.
tazelbain
Terracotta Army

tazelbain

Reply #11 on: March 30, 2010, 12:24:03 PM

So 2 queues now? Can't have many maps or champion selects if each one splitters the queue.

"Me am play gods"
schild
Administrator

Reply #12 on: March 30, 2010, 12:24:49 PM

So 2 queues now? Can't have many maps or champion selects if each one splitters the queue.
Chances of having trouble finding a game? 0.

Not worried.
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: March 30, 2010, 12:29:59 PM

Heh, you could've just said "I don't want to play those characters." awesome, for real

Fiddle would probably be fine if he has enough output with Dark Wind and enough time to get farmed out a bit. Tristana's OK, but due to the enclosed spaces, it's probably best to just go for Nid/Jax.

New CM is better than old CM on the map, but survivability is a question early on. Getting farmed out on TT is more noticeable than the other map.

I was listing teams above with characters I don't play at all. Trist/Trynd are the only ones I have dabbled with out of all of em. I'm seriously just looking for good, solid theory crafting :)

Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: March 30, 2010, 12:32:03 PM

I imagine Blitz has got to be quite the beast, grabbing through walls. And poppy should be right at home...Neither of these guys I play either heh

tazelbain
Terracotta Army

tazelbain

Reply #15 on: March 30, 2010, 12:37:49 PM

Chances of having trouble finding a game? 0.
Not with 2 queues and 1 select option, but 5 maps and 3 selects.  Sure, you can always find a game, but the smaller the queue is the less likely you are going against people similar skill.

"Me am play gods"
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: March 30, 2010, 12:39:17 PM

So, some flat damage/AP runes might be useful for that early advantage? The scaling ones would pretty much suck here. It changes the game quite a bit...obviously teleport is pretty useless here.

Kail
Terracotta Army

Reply #17 on: March 30, 2010, 01:26:06 PM

I haven't played it much, but I'm hearing Shaco is God for random pugs.  Decieve + lots of narrow, twisty passages = Shaco can get anywhere he wants and escape just as easily.  More distance between towers = easier ganking.  Most entrances to the jungle being blocked by brush = perfect for boxes.

Ezreal might be good, too.  He's got a similar flash move, plus crazy range that lets him shoot blind through walls.  But he's got no CC, so maybe not.
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #18 on: March 30, 2010, 02:00:34 PM

Shaco is godlike on TT.

Nid is godlike on TT.

Until (did they yet?) they stop the every 4 attacks bs working on tower TF is still very good. 

Since Jax can jump anywhere he is still really good, he also jungles better than almost anyone since dodge owns creeps.

Tristana is still very good, jump works + Trist's fb abilities are top tier.

Kat is very good on TT with a good team and a good player.

Udyr is solid as well, since his chase is so good and his jungle is strong.

I think top 5v5 champs like Ashe, Annie, Alistar, Soraka & Fiddle suffer in this meta.  Fiddle isn't that great because you have to assume the other team is going to be using highly mobile champs + flash so its going to be a lot harder to get the jump on people.

I still like Taric though not as much obviously.

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Reply #19 on: March 30, 2010, 05:39:07 PM

Holy shit CM is awesome fun hah.  That was like my first game with him.
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Reply #20 on: March 30, 2010, 05:45:41 PM

I wish there was a Map: Any option though for queuing.  I like the random option.
Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #21 on: March 31, 2010, 12:07:32 PM

My (limited) 3V3 experiance so far has mostly just seen teams 3 man group roam from level one. :/

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the Universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
Prospero
Terracotta Army

Reply #22 on: March 31, 2010, 01:27:12 PM

That's how it was in beta. I suspect Ezreal could solo lane with his built-in flash, but given how tight things are it is too easy to get ganked if you are not with the rest of your team.
Astorax
Contributor

Reply #23 on: March 31, 2010, 01:35:39 PM

Depends way more heavily on group comp than 5v5 does IMO.  Certain heroes are also seriously dead in the water on this map.

I played a really fun game of it last night.

Cho
Jax
Ez

v.

Sion
Taric
Sivir

I was playing as cho and we completely annihilated them.  They'd hide in the woods to try to gank us with double-stuns, but leading in with a spikes to the woods and a scream and all of a sudden they couldn't do dick and Jax just tore them apart.  Was a beautiful thing to behold.
Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #24 on: March 31, 2010, 01:42:03 PM

I got really torn up by a Nid/Jax/Cho team on TT yesterday playing as Trist.  Our Mundo almos carried us to a win though (no joke, he was like 9-3 at game end).

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the Universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Reply #25 on: April 05, 2010, 01:27:02 PM

I'm so glad Cho'gath is good on TT, he was a hero I got skilled with that seemed to lack in 5 v 5.

With how tight spaces and fights are in TT, his AoE and burst + decent survivability makes for an effective champ.

I have been messing with an attack speed/AP build putting more points than I usually would in the vorpal spikes. It makes you chew through NPCs and that magic damage is a solid amount in team fights if you are swingin'.

Cho'gath seems to really live off his Carnivore ability, regaining health and mana from kills. This build allows for heavy creepage which feeds harassment

Astorax
Contributor

Reply #26 on: April 05, 2010, 01:30:39 PM

I'm so glad Cho'gath is good on TT, he was a hero I got skilled with that seemed to lack in 5 v 5.

With how tight spaces and fights are in TT, his AoE and burst + decent survivability makes for an effective champ.

I have been messing with an attack speed/AP build putting more points than I usually would in the vorpal spikes. It makes you chew through NPCs and that magic damage is a solid amount in team fights if you are swingin'.

Cho'gath seems to really live off his Carnivore ability, regaining health and mana from kills. This build allows for heavy creepage which feeds harassment

Oh god no, Cho'gath is a fucking nightmare on any map when played well.

I almost always go pure AP cho.

start with mana crystal for early harass
Catalyst
Boots of choice (ninja tabi, mercury treads or swiftness depending on enemy team and talent)
Rod of Ages
Rylai's Scepter
if in trouble, buy some survivability, Banshees, Guardian's, whatever
2nd Rylai's Scepter

profit.
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Reply #27 on: April 05, 2010, 01:35:27 PM

Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #28 on: April 05, 2010, 02:12:41 PM

When you see a pub Chogath at champion select you're always thinkg "please don't build pure tank, please don't build pure tank."

Astorax
Contributor

Reply #29 on: April 05, 2010, 03:05:29 PM

When you see a pub Chogath at champion select you're always thinkg "please don't build pure tank, please don't build pure tank."

rofl, indeed.
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Reply #30 on: April 06, 2010, 09:02:46 AM

For Twisted Treeline here's how I do it....won 5 straight with impressive stats in them all

Flash/Cleanse
Full AP runes.
21/0/9

Doran's Ring/mana pot
Amplifying Tome
Boots of Speed
Mejai's Soulstealer
Sorc Boots
Sheen
Lich Bane

Doran's gives you everything you need early on. The extra 10 AP to go with 120 health and mana regen is just perfect for ole Cho (and I've never been a big Doran's guy). If you got first blood, get Mejai's ASAP. If not just get the book and boots.

Rupture
Vorpal Spikes
Feral Scream
Vorpal Spikes
Rupture
Feast

Why the dual Spikes so early? you might ask. Well, Cho'gath lives and dies by being able to sneak in mob kills while moving through jungle and laning. Proper harassment via rupture, and you should be able to kill minions fairly easily in a lane (thus gaining mana and health to continue harassing).

Now you need to buy a sight ward on every trip back to base, placing on either dragon or Lizard. You want to be just a touch late to fights, so you come in Rupture (slowing and throwing in air), Feral Screaming (silencing preventing heal spells/ults/escapes), and feasting the squishiest or most dangerous. From here you finish with your Sheen charged melee and spikes. Flash is for the runner.

From here you bolster AP more with Lich Bane/Rylai's - or you go a bit defensive. There is never a strict item build. You adjust as needed. Skill order is also like this, none of this is in stone. If I feel people arent dodging my rupture well, or if i'm just on, I'll level that up faster. If Trynamere/Kayle/Taric/Ryze are in game, I'll raise Feral quicker for the longer silence.

I was also looking at going the defense tree, just for a little more survivability.

DLRiley
Terracotta Army

Reply #31 on: April 07, 2010, 09:55:20 AM

Mundo cleavers and crits cho to death. mundo glad.
Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #32 on: April 07, 2010, 12:20:01 PM

If you don't keep him in check early game Mundo really does just go where he pleases in 3v3.

Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Reply #33 on: April 07, 2010, 01:11:29 PM

I'd like to try Cho, Mundo, and shaco/Nid/whoever

Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Reply #34 on: April 07, 2010, 01:16:59 PM

Last night played a Zilean/Trist/Shen group that was annoying as all fuck. Shen's ult can turn a fight around there in a hurry, and once you manage to kill something stupid ass hourglass revival and timebombs fuck your face. Trist jumps over some wall and seals the deal.

Went from 5 wins in a row to 3 loses...ugh

Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  League of Legends  |  Topic: 3 on 3 Map "Twisted Treeline" Now Live  
Jump to: