Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 20, 2024, 05:16:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Topic: NFL Playoff Picks Round 2 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: NFL Playoff Picks Round 2  (Read 5021 times)
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

on: January 13, 2005, 02:26:25 PM

Ok, so I'm late. I've been suffering with strep all damn week, so I haven't posted much. But here we go.

Pick the winner of the games this weekend, and we'll add that to the score of last week's picks. I sucked, but luckily I wasn't the only one. Fucking Rams.  

AFC
NY Jets at Pittsburgh
Indianapolis at New England

NFC
Minnesota at Philadelphia
St. Louis at Atlanta

Current Records
Paelos - 3-1
Shockeye - 3-1
Rasix - 2-2
Dark Vengeance - 2-2
Jamiko - 2-2
sidereal - 2-2
Shannow - 2-2
Murgos - 2-2
Trippy - 2-2
Kenrick - 1-3
Wayabvpar - 1-3
HaemishM - 1-3
Zetleft - 1-3
shiznitz - 1-3
murdoc - 1-3
Mr. Hat - 0-4

Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #1 on: January 13, 2005, 02:28:34 PM

Steelers
Colts
Vikings
Falcons

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #2 on: January 13, 2005, 02:29:22 PM

AFC
NY Jets at Pittsburgh:  Pitt
Indianapolis at New England: Indy

NFC
Minnesota at Philadelphia: Minn
St. Louis at Atlanta: Atl

-Rasix
Shockeye
Staff Emeritus

Skinny-dippin' in a sea of Lee, I'd propose on bended knee...

Reply #3 on: January 13, 2005, 02:30:44 PM

MN vs Phi - MN
STL vs ATL - STL

NYJ vs PIT - PIT
IND vs NE - NE
Dark Vengeance
Delinquents

Reply #4 on: January 13, 2005, 02:31:27 PM

Pittsburgh
Indy
Philly
St Louis

Bring the noise.
Cheers............
WayAbvPar

Reply #5 on: January 13, 2005, 02:32:05 PM

Manning   in trouble v Patriots?

The whole page is worth a read...great stuff. Thebrushback.com is good too.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Kenrick
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: January 13, 2005, 02:34:31 PM

AFC
NY Jets at Pittsburgh   ---   PITTSBURGH
Indianapolis at New England   ---   INDIANAPOLIS

NFC
Minnesota at Philadelphia   ---   PHILADELPHIA
St. Louis at Atlanta   ---   ATLANTA
sidereal
Contributor

Reply #7 on: January 13, 2005, 02:39:38 PM

Rams
Steelers
Eagles
Patriots

Drunken analysis http://forums.f13.net/viewtopic.php?t=1818&start=35">here

THIS IS THE MOST I HAVE EVERY WANTED TO GET IN TO A BETA
El Gallo
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: January 13, 2005, 02:50:40 PM

I'll take Steelers, Pats, Eagles, Falcons.  I did get a first-round bye, no?

This post makes me want to squeeze into my badass red jeans.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #9 on: January 13, 2005, 03:44:23 PM

AFC
NY Jets at Pittsburgh - I don't see the Jets doing it. With Burress back and everybody else rested, Rothlieberger has his deep threat, which will open up the running game. It will be a low-scoring bloodbath.
Indianapolis at New England - When New England beat the Colts early this year, they had defense backs. Now they have Troy Brown as a nickel back. Bellicheck is a genius, but I don't think he's got the bodies to cover all the Colts' receivers. It'll be close, I'll give you that, and the game to watch. But I think only Pitt has a chance of beating the Colts and I'm not sure about that one.

NFC
Minnesota at Philadelphia - After last week, I officially hate the Vikings. Moss... cut your hair, shut your damn mouth and win a championship before you start talking shit. Fucker. I really have no confidence in the Eagles, but I hate the Vikes.
St. Louis at Atlanta - Bulger will be on his ass. A lot. If the Falcons stick to the running game, it's over. Control the clock, keep  the ball out of the Rams' hands, it's over.

Jamiko
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: January 13, 2005, 03:50:31 PM

The picks seem too easy this week, thus I will probably get them all wrong.

AFC
NY Jets at Pittsburgh: STEELERS. Santana Moss pissed me off during the reg season.
Indianapolis at New England: COLTS. It's the year of the Manning. 'Nuf said.

NFC
Minnesota at Philadelphia: EAGLES. Minnesota rarely fails to disappoint.
St. Louis at Atlanta: FALCONS. I like birds.
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Out of the frying pan, into the fire.

Reply #11 on: January 13, 2005, 04:18:04 PM

AFC
NY Jets at Pittsburgh --- PITTSBURGH --- Defense Defense Defense, any game where your quarter back throws 8 times and you still win says something about your ball control and defense.
Indianapolis at New England --- NEW ENGLAND --- Eventhough Manning can score on a whim and NE has shit for corners, I still think they will win.

NFC
Minnesota at Philadelphia --- PHILADELPHIA --- McNabb to Westbrook.  Worked for fantasy football, will work for playoffs.
St. Louis at Atlanta --- ATLANTA --- Just because I want to see a Vick - Philly game.

I am the biggest loser.
Righ
Terracotta Army

Teaching the world Google-fu one broken dream at a time.

Reply #12 on: January 13, 2005, 04:18:17 PM

Steelers, Patroits, Eagles, Falcons. It seems likely even to a Brit neophyte. So you're probably fucked if you picked the same.

The camera adds a thousand barrels. - Steven Colbert
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #13 on: January 13, 2005, 11:30:30 PM

AFC
Pittsburgh
Indianapolis

NFC
Minnesota
St. Louis
Dark Vengeance
Delinquents

Reply #14 on: January 14, 2005, 11:01:34 AM

Quote from: Righ
Steelers, Patroits, Eagles, Falcons. It seems likely even to a Brit neophyte. So you're probably fucked if you picked the same.

Always picking the home team is akin to always picking the better seed during March Madness. One upset can rock your entire bracket.

Bring the noise.
Cheers.............
Zetleft
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: January 14, 2005, 01:34:53 PM

AFC
NY Jets at Pittsburgh - Pitts got 14 in a row and unless that week off really hurt their momentum they win easily.  
Indianapolis at New England - Colts have the better QB by far.  

NFC
Minnesota at Philadelphia - I've been praying nightly that a meteor hits and destroys just this stadium during gametime... I hope TO is still traveling with the team.
St. Louis at Atlanta - Just run the ball, I know Vick is a huge xfactor and do alot but he can just as easily lose the game throwing as win.  Just let Dunn/Vick run wild.
Righ
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: January 14, 2005, 02:08:28 PM

Quote from: Dark Vengeance
Quote from: Righ

Always picking the home team is akin to always picking the better seed during March Madness. One upset can rock your entire bracket.

Wasn't quite that simple. Patriots are the only team that can close down the best offense in the game, and although their defense isn't at its best, they're still going to hurt the Colts' game. We'll see if they can do enough in return, but Brady is smart, and doesn't make too many mistakes. As for the Eagles, it isn't their time to choke...  yet. Fankly, it would be a repreive for them if they fucked up this early. Steelers is a whim, because I think the Jets suck, and I really haven't a clue about the Rams and Falcons. If what I've read about the Rams is right, it seems more likely that a home win there would be an upset.

But like I said, I know nothing about this game really.

Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #17 on: January 14, 2005, 05:26:36 PM

Pats.

Screw the rest.

If the Pats win I will enjoy immensely all the Colts fellaters eating pie.

Someone liked something? Who the fuzzy fuck was this heretic? You don't come to this website and enjoy something. Fuck that. ~ The Walrus
Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: January 14, 2005, 05:27:09 PM

Quote from: Zetleft
AFC
NY Jets at Pittsburgh - Pitts got 14 in a row and unless that week off really hurt their momentum they win easily.  
Indianapolis at New England - Colts have the better QB by far.  

Come talk when hes won a ring.

Someone liked something? Who the fuzzy fuck was this heretic? You don't come to this website and enjoy something. Fuck that. ~ The Walrus
Zetleft
Terracotta Army

Reply #19 on: January 14, 2005, 06:38:37 PM

A superbowl ring does not make one a better quarterback.... for fucks sake Trent Dilfer has a superbowl ring at least come up with a better arguement then that.

Just to clarify I don't think Indi will even make it to the superbowl, sticking to my guns about Pittsburgh.
Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #20 on: January 15, 2005, 05:29:07 AM

AFC
COLTS at PATRIOTS - I Believe (as in an act of faith) that this is the year of Manning.
JETS at STEELERS The Jets will hoping to grind out a low scoring win, unfortunately for them the Steelers have no such desire.  I expect this one to be decided early.

NFC
VIKINGS at EAGLES I pick the Viks, the eagles are seriously one dimensional, and a far crappier team without TO
RAMS at FALCONS - I have no real reason for picking the Rams but I'm going to anyway.  The real championship game this year is going to be the AFC championships (Indy at Pitt or NE at Pitt, win/win for fans) so the NFC is kind of a moot point really.

edit: board software doesn't like css - and  interestingly I've picked three away teams again, will history repeat itself?

"You have all recieved youre last warning. I am in the process of currently tracking all of youre ips and pinging your home adressess. you should not have commencemed a war with me" - Aaron Rayburn
murdoc
Terracotta Army

Reply #21 on: January 15, 2005, 07:03:48 AM

AFC

NY Jets at Pittsburgh
Indianapolis at New England

NFC
Minnesota at Philadelphia
St. Louis at Atlanta

Have you tried the internet? It's made out of millions of people missing the point of everything and then getting angry about it
Boogaleeboo
Delinquents

Reply #22 on: January 15, 2005, 05:34:08 PM

Manning has only lost every single time he's faced the Patriots, I'm sure he'll manage to pull it off this time.

Right?
Soukyan
Terracotta Army

Reply #23 on: January 15, 2005, 05:45:55 PM

OMG... how about that near heart attack of a Steelers game? Damn. I don't think I can handle watching them in the playoffs any longer.

"Life is no cabaret... we're inviting you anyway." ~Amanda Palmer
"Tree, awesome, numa numa, love triangle, internal combustion engine, mountain, walk, whiskey, peace, pascagoula" ~Lantyssa
"Les vrais paradis sont les paradis qu'on a perdus." ~Marcel Proust
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Possibly the only user with more posts in the Den than PC/Console Gaming.

Reply #24 on: January 15, 2005, 06:46:51 PM

Quote from: Boogaleeboo
Manning has only lost every single time he's faced the Patriots

He's actually 2-7 lifetime against the Pats.  

Anywho, I think not having Ty Law will big a big issue and Manning will score a lot of points, but Indy's defense is so bad that the Pats will outscore them at home.  If the D can get 2 TO and perhaps a score, Indy will take it though.

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Out of the frying pan, into the fire.

Reply #25 on: January 15, 2005, 07:08:56 PM

Quote from: Soukyan
OMG... how about that near heart attack of a Steelers game? Damn. I don't think I can handle watching them in the playoffs any longer.

Hell ya, that was awesome.  I nearly wet myself when the ball hit the post on that field goal.

Quote from: Abagadro

Anywho, I think not having Ty Law will big a big issue and Manning will score a lot of points, but Indy's defense is so bad that the Pats will outscore them at home. If the D can get 2 TO and perhaps a score, Indy will take it though.

That is how they destroyed the Broncos -- Wayne dismantled the newbie corner for 3 TD's and a bunch of yards.
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #26 on: January 15, 2005, 11:56:03 PM

2 for 2, can anyone catch me? Consider it a challenge!

Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Possibly the only user with more posts in the Den than PC/Console Gaming.

Reply #27 on: January 16, 2005, 04:12:58 PM

I didn't realize the Pats' front 7 were that good. Wow.

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #28 on: January 16, 2005, 04:40:56 PM

The Colts are over. Abandon all hope ye who enter the AFC championship.

Soukyan
Terracotta Army

Reply #29 on: January 16, 2005, 05:00:30 PM

You all dare to challenge my oracular powers?! I spake this once and shall do so again: Steelers vs. Eagles Super Bowl - Pittsburgh wins by ten.

"Tree, awesome, numa numa, love triangle, internal combustion engine, mountain, walk, whiskey, peace, pascagoula" ~Lantyssa
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #30 on: January 16, 2005, 05:17:46 PM

I don't remember you being involved, perhaps I missed something.

Righ
Terracotta Army

Reply #31 on: January 16, 2005, 05:24:57 PM

Picked all four on my first attempt at this. Phear my ignorant punditry.

Soukyan
Terracotta Army

Reply #32 on: January 16, 2005, 05:51:36 PM

Quote from: Paelos
I don't remember you being involved, perhaps I missed something.

I'm not involved in picking for each round. Just reminding what I predicted before because none of the lead up matters when the end result is so clear.

Or I was just being snarky with a little poetic flare. ;)

Margalis
Terracotta Army

Reply #33 on: January 16, 2005, 05:52:53 PM

Well...NE rolled over Indy AGAIN. Geez people. The Colts have to prove they can beat the Pats, not the other way around. The Colts looks absolutely terrible. WTF were they doing on that last drive? Throwing 3 yarders to the middle of the field, running 5 yard outs that didn't make it to the sidelines? I mean, if you are going to give up, just take a knee. When you need 17 points in 3 minutes throwing a bunch of psuedo-screens wouldn't be my first choice.

I thought the Vikings/Eagles game would be closer, but all the breaks seemed to go to the Eagles. That fumble for the TD was crazy. Of course Philly did play the better game.

vampirehipi23: I would enjoy a book written by a monkey and turned into a movie rather than this.
Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #34 on: January 16, 2005, 05:56:20 PM

Quote from: Zetleft
A superbowl ring does not make one a better quarterback.... for fucks sake Trent Dilfer has a superbowl ring at least come up with a better arguement then that.

Just to clarify I don't think Indi will even make it to the superbowl, sticking to my guns about Pittsburgh.

20-3.

There's my better arguement.
Brady has two superbowl rings, and two superbowl MVPs. He also led two game winning drives with under 2 minutes to go in those Superbowls?
But at the end of the day you forgot that it doesnt matter how much better one player is because the Patriots are the better TEAM by far.

/gloat

Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Topic: NFL Playoff Picks Round 2  
Jump to: