Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 12:10:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  League of Legends  |  Topic: New Hero is a huge waste 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: New Hero is a huge waste  (Read 6856 times)
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Out of the frying pan, into the fire.

on: March 17, 2010, 07:36:23 AM

Does not bring anything to table that can't be done by ANYONE else.
Astorax
Contributor

Reply #1 on: March 17, 2010, 09:36:10 AM

Does not bring anything to table that can't be done by ANYONE else.

And yet, still manages to be a fun character despite that.

Is it going to be a top pick in organized play? No...but in pub games it's a fun option to play.  Kind of a combo of Ashe and Karthas.
Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: March 17, 2010, 10:51:25 AM

I think the lack of any disable will keep him from seeing "serious" play.  But from the two games I've played with him I think he has some very good burst potential and probably won't complain if he's on my solo queue team and plays well.

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the Universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
Astorax
Contributor

Reply #3 on: March 17, 2010, 11:10:29 AM

I think the lack of any disable will keep him from seeing "serious" play.  But from the two games I've played with him I think he has some very good burst potential and probably won't complain if he's on my solo queue team and plays well.

Exactly.
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Victim: Sirius Maximus

Reply #4 on: March 17, 2010, 11:31:33 AM

You know who else lacks disable and can burst the fuck outta things? Corki!

What would be another sick champ for burst?

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
Astorax
Contributor

Reply #5 on: March 17, 2010, 11:49:21 AM

You know who else lacks disable and can burst the fuck outta things? Corki!

What would be another sick champ for burst?

Corki has an AoE blind...which is pretty huge in clustered team fights.
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #6 on: March 17, 2010, 12:11:54 PM

When it was straight blind it was amazing, now its still quite good.  Also it is stealth reveal, Valk leaves aoe DoT and his gatling gun is aoe.  Corki is very good but quite hard to use well.

Currently from the latest batch of champs Nidalee is a top tier pick and both Poppy and Gragas have a role and are viable role players even in tryhard.  Patheon is debatable but since he can still use exhaust while ult'ing he's decent on a pushing team.  That is pretty good on Riot's part.  Udyr I've seen people try to use but I just don't think he has it these days.

Wow, just got back from playing a game in the #solomid league where they got Sivir first pick and then took Mord at the end.  The pushing power was fucking unreal, so yeah even Mord has some role.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2010, 03:19:22 PM by Hoax »

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
Kail
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: March 17, 2010, 02:21:04 PM

For a character who costs 6k IP, I'm seeing a hell of a lot of him in the scrub lands on day one.  All his moves look like skillshots but they never connect so I have no idea what the hell he really does, and he's not hitting the free rotation for like a month, so it looks like it will remain a mystery for a while.

Liking the last patch, though.  The new TF is more fun for me than the old one was, and if this is as nerfed as Jax is going to get, then he's still pretty solid, IMO.
Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: March 17, 2010, 02:30:09 PM

A champion with all skill shots is going to make for a lot of very very painfull pug players unfortunately.

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the Universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
Prospero
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: March 17, 2010, 05:20:26 PM

Yes, yes indeed. I don't queue dodge, but boy howdy am I tempted to after my last couple matches.
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Victim: Sirius Maximus

Reply #10 on: March 18, 2010, 05:59:31 AM

Didnt they change the queue penalty to 10 min?

I laned with a good Ezrael last night, he did a great job with skill shots and harassment. Seemed to be a great runner killer. I'm not going to hate if they can play like this dude.

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: March 18, 2010, 06:03:09 AM

If Ezreal is running you down, you are dead.  Maybe a Nid or someone could get away but his blink cools down to fast for you to escape.

Played against one that did a mostly straight attack build last night and it seemed to work pretty well.

schild
Administrator

Reply #12 on: March 20, 2010, 12:22:45 PM

I give it a few weeks before we find out whether or not Ezreal is tournament ready or not. No one believed me when I said Nidalee was the best character ever and now she's considered OP by most and autobanned by everyone else.

Ezreal is utterly vicious in a lot of situations and we'll probably see teams that are meant to support him. Let's wait til mid-April before deciding whether or not he sucks.

Also, my build is Doran's Blade -> Infinity Edge -> Speed Speed Speed.
schild
Administrator

Reply #13 on: March 20, 2010, 12:23:52 PM

Also, this is his dance:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8w76a5pM88

so it's fucking autowin.
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #14 on: March 20, 2010, 04:05:33 PM

I give it a few weeks before we find out whether or not Ezreal is tournament ready or not. No one believed me when I said Nidalee was the best character ever and now she's considered OP by most and autobanned by everyone else.

Ezreal is utterly vicious in a lot of situations and we'll probably see teams that are meant to support him. Let's wait til mid-April before deciding whether or not he sucks.

Also, my build is Doran's Blade -> Infinity Edge -> Speed Speed Speed.

I agree with this, we're starting to see viable team builds with Mord and Gragas in the last couple weeks, it took quite some time for good Poppy players to show up etc.

Riot has been doing a really good job of creating new champs that add variety without being must picks.  People may complain that only Nid is a for sure pick in tournament setting but I'd say that out of Ez/Poppy/Gragas/Mord you see one of them every couple of matches.  If they add a melee physical item or two I think our variety would really increase.  So I give nothing but props to the champ design team.

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: March 24, 2010, 07:51:21 PM

As for Shen, I'm very much a fan already.  A good escape/chase, a taunt, a spamable harassing ability in lane, an ult that teleports and shields.  No sure how to build him yet though.

I also see Ezreal got some pretty solid buffs.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2010, 05:48:17 AM by Thrawn »

Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: March 27, 2010, 06:07:46 PM

Shen is seeming more and more meh the more I play him.  Heartbreak  He's certainly not a bad character, but he's probably best built as a tank and so many other tanks are just better.

Astorax
Contributor

Reply #17 on: March 27, 2010, 07:43:31 PM

Shen is seeming more and more meh the more I play him.  Heartbreak  He's certainly not a bad character, but he's probably best built as a tank and so many other tanks are just better.

This is my estimation as well.

He's pretty fun to play, but against all but the most noob of teams, he's just meh as a tank, and awful as a dps.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  League of Legends  |  Topic: New Hero is a huge waste  
Jump to: