Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 11:57:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  World of Warcraft  |  Topic: ICC nerf/buffs have started 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: ICC nerf/buffs have started  (Read 25734 times)
WoopeeTuralyon
Terracotta Army

Reply #35 on: September 10, 2010, 12:37:44 PM

You should probably get your dps a bit higher for ICC. It's easier to be low and unnoticed in 25, but if you have pug members they'll probably scream at you for sub-5k dps (which is likely to be below the tank).
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #36 on: September 10, 2010, 12:41:27 PM

Our first LK10 kill 2 weeks of extensions to get; once we got Sindra (and attempted LK that week) I extended the lockout on my main, who didn't need ICC10 gear. We then went back for an hour or two of LK attempts early in the week; when didn't down him, I grabbed an alt and we did a fresh run with the other 9 people. The next week we one shot him.  awesome, for real The problem we had is that my guild didn't have 10 really good people, nor a particularly diverse class selection, so every week we were pugging 1-3 people, who generally didn't know the fight. The random we took the week we got the kill was just less retarded than usual.

Since then I took one more guild group to kill him on 10m (which took another 3 days worth of wiping), and I've done him once in 25m in a GDKP PUG. It's really a shame his loot is only a half-tier upgrade; if 10m LK dropped 264s at least people might find a sidegrade; as it stands most people had 264s from the first few bosses of 25m already.

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
Morat20
Terracotta Army

Reply #37 on: September 10, 2010, 01:42:45 PM

You should probably get your dps a bit higher for ICC. It's easier to be low and unnoticed in 25, but if you have pug members they'll probably scream at you for sub-5k dps (which is likely to be below the tank).
My DPS is all over the place depending on the fight, although I've been meaning to reorganize my bars now that I've settled into the Hunter rotation. It's never lower than 2500 unless I'm with such an overgeared group that I'm stuck in Viper all the time just to regen mana, because the tank and healers never need to stop . I haven't pushed much past 3k though. That's just going by raw recount, and I'm not 100% that I have it set to do my pet damage.

*shrug*. I match their gear requirements for whatever the hell they do on Saturdays, and judging by their performance in instances I'm at least as skilled and geared as their average member, so I'm not terribly worreid. I plan to sign up, and if I need to go back and gear up, I'll go back and gear up. Since they seem to be brand new to ICC anyways, and a casual guild, I'm not too worried.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #38 on: September 10, 2010, 01:46:48 PM

With raid and zone buffs you should be in the 4ks in ICC which is plenty for the first 6 bosses or so, and you'll be getting frost badges and drops to catch you up much quicker. It shouldn't really be a problem unless *everyone* is in your boat, which seems unlikely at this stage.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #39 on: September 10, 2010, 04:24:18 PM

We may actually finish ICC-10 before Cataclysm hits, which would be a first for us in terms of progression - actually finishing the last raid (we'll leave out that we never did the last 3 bosses in Ulduar). Working on Sindragosa now and our problems there are pretty much just execution. Hooray for 30% buffs and easier raiding.

What about Ruby Sanctum?  why so serious?

God Save the Horn Players
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #40 on: September 10, 2010, 04:35:44 PM

If you finally get Sind down you're more than ready for Ruby Sanctum.  Hell, if you can juggle princes easily you can do RS.   Sind was a bitch and a half.  Took our guild 6 weeks of trying for days and days. (Several being nothing but 2-3 days of Sind wipes for 3 hours).  We got Ruby Sanctum on the first night. Too damn easy comparatively.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Morat20
Terracotta Army

Reply #41 on: September 10, 2010, 05:14:19 PM

Hell, it's 10-man ICC. I'm not even sure they're stuck on anything. I know some of them participate in a 25-man, but apparently it's not a 'guild' run. More "a regular 25 man some of our people participate in".

So tomorrow night, 10-man ICC for me.
SurfD
Terracotta Army

Reply #42 on: September 11, 2010, 01:00:49 AM

Ruby sanctum is fairly easy on 10 man, and 25 man, the trash is usually harder then the bosses if people dont know how to do the enrage packs.

Ruby Sanctum heroic however, is a WHOLE other ball of wax.  It is rediculous how the difficulty curve in that shit ramps up on heroic mode.

Darwinism is the Gateway Science.
Xeyi
Terracotta Army

Reply #43 on: September 11, 2010, 03:34:28 AM

If you finally get Sind down you're more than ready for Ruby Sanctum.  Hell, if you can juggle princes easily you can do RS.   Sind was a bitch and a half.  Took our guild 6 weeks of trying for days and days. (Several being nothing but 2-3 days of Sind wipes for 3 hours).  We got Ruby Sanctum on the first night. Too damn easy comparatively.

My guild still hasn't done Ruby Sanctum 10 on normal, and we're at 9/12 in heroic ICC 10.  We always have major issues with one shot kill mechanics and avoiding aoe in general.  On fights like normal Sindragosa and Lich King there is nothing that can instantly kill you so we just bring in a third healer and sort of muscle our way through it.  One shot kill mechanics are no dice however, and every time the laser goes off in phase 2 RS, we lose about 1-2 people on average which means we can't make the enrage timer as we're down half the raid for the final phase.

We've temporarily hit a wall in our progression where Putricide and Sindragosa on heroic are a huge step up from the other hard modes in ICC.  It's all stuff we could overcome with practice but people seem to be losing interest and getting new expansion syndrome.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #44 on: September 11, 2010, 05:22:20 AM

No one shot kill on sind? Yes there is.. fuck up positioning bad enough and she eats you. Stand in the wrong spot and she cleaves you.  On Arthas there's the outer ring cycles.  Don't make it there in time and you're oneshot.  There's also the exploding snowballs that the ranged dps have to clean up during that cycle.  Let one through and people are going over the side. You can argue those are "just positioning mechanics" but they have an aoe component to them, just like the laser.  The laser is just a positioning mechanic that moves, don't think of it as an AOE. 

The way we did it was to stand the tank on one side,(As much as possible) and the rest of the group is on the opposite side.  The group learns to move when the mob does and the tank is the one watching for the mirrors, which it's doing anyway.  Oh, the group also moves forwards in the same direction as the laser as the tank moves backwards so it's 'chasing' the tank, he's not following it.   So if your group is on the right side, you're moving clockwise and on the left you're going counter.   We found the hardest part to be balancing the DPS just right.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #45 on: September 11, 2010, 10:02:51 AM

My guild still hasn't done Ruby Sanctum 10 on normal, and we're at 9/12 in heroic ICC 10.  We always have major issues with one shot kill mechanics and avoiding aoe in general.  On fights like normal Sindragosa and Lich King there is nothing that can instantly kill you so we just bring in a third healer and sort of muscle our way through it.  One shot kill mechanics are no dice however, and every time the laser goes off in phase 2 RS, we lose about 1-2 people on average which means we can't make the enrage timer as we're down half the raid for the final phase.
This sounds almost exactly like my guild. We were 8/12 H ICC10 but lost at least 2 dps to the first laser every time we tried RS. Since the loot there was shitty in 10m we didn't bother trying a whole lot.

Morat20
Terracotta Army

Reply #46 on: September 11, 2010, 08:41:43 PM

We got to....that guy past the airship, with the blood beasts. Turns out the whole guild is pretty new to it (except the main tank, who is well geared and had done it many times with another guild). And since we're a small guild, it was pretty much "whomever signed up".

Which meant we went in with 5 Death Knights, two druids, a warlock...and me, the Hunter.

As you can imagine, two tree-form Druids, the warlock and me were not exactly...ideal...for killing blood beasts quickly.  On the bright side, I got a shiny new trinket and pair of shoulders. Only hunter in the group. :) Heck, only mail wearer there.
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #47 on: September 11, 2010, 08:51:18 PM

Gratz on your loot, sorry the run didn't go so well. Not much you can do with comp like that.

Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  World of Warcraft  |  Topic: ICC nerf/buffs have started  
Jump to: