Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 18, 2024, 07:32:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  News  |  Topic: There's a Story Here, Somewhere. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Go Down Print
Author Topic: There's a Story Here, Somewhere.  (Read 162405 times)
UnSub
Contributor

Reply #140 on: January 10, 2011, 01:33:46 AM

West, Zampella object to EA addition in Activision suit.

By adding EA to the suit, Activision Blizzard will delay the trial, which will see West & Zampella's legal bills mount up. So they want either 1) EA not added to the suit or 2) the trial date not change if EA is added.

Not sure if this is a great message to send to someone who is happy to try and crush you: "We're poor, so let's get this over quickly!".

UnSub
Contributor

Reply #141 on: March 20, 2011, 01:35:01 AM

Court says EA should stay in the suit with West, Zampella against Activision.

So there's a good chance EA and Activision Blizzard will go head-to-head over this. It'll be interesting to see how far this goes.

UnSub
Contributor

Reply #142 on: April 03, 2011, 09:39:47 PM

And now West / Zampella go at Blizzard Activision for fraud.

The interesting thing here is if they win these points, they could end up co-owning the Modern Warfare IP with Activision Blizzard, which would be a huge thing. And more lawsuits.

Outlawedprod
Terracotta Army

Reply #143 on: June 15, 2011, 11:22:59 AM

LK
Terracotta Army

Reply #144 on: June 15, 2011, 11:31:33 AM

It'll be amusing to see the shitstorm that erupts when MW3 ships but Activision loses the lawsuit.

"Then there's the double-barreled shotgun from Doom 2 - no-one within your entire household could be of any doubt that it's been fired because it sounds like God slamming a door on his fingers." - Yahtzee Croshaw
MahrinSkel
Terracotta Army

When she crossed over, she was just a ship. But when she came back... she was bullshit!

Reply #145 on: September 30, 2011, 01:49:35 AM

The lesson the publishers will take from this: Activision should never have left Infinity Ward with enough money to sue.

--Dave

--Signature Unclear
Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #146 on: September 30, 2011, 10:33:24 AM

Was there a status update on this?

"You have all recieved youre last warning. I am in the process of currently tracking all of youre ips and pinging your home adressess. you should not have commencemed a war with me" - Aaron Rayburn
LK
Terracotta Army

Reply #147 on: September 30, 2011, 11:00:12 AM

None that I could see. Appeared to be a drive-by comment.

"Then there's the double-barreled shotgun from Doom 2 - no-one within your entire household could be of any doubt that it's been fired because it sounds like God slamming a door on his fingers." - Yahtzee Croshaw
MahrinSkel
Terracotta Army

When she crossed over, she was just a ship. But when she came back... she was bullshit!

Reply #148 on: October 01, 2011, 03:28:35 PM

--Signature Unclear
Outlawedprod
Terracotta Army

Reply #149 on: May 17, 2012, 03:33:51 PM

"Project Icebreaker" was, based on a recent filing from the upcoming trial, an ongoing Activision initiative to uncover information regarding West and Zampella by accessing their work email, computer, and phones. It was rolled out just months before the launch of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2.
http://www.giantbomb.com/news/activision-infinity-ward-and-project-icebreaker/4152/
LK
Terracotta Army

Reply #150 on: May 24, 2012, 07:58:50 PM

Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #151 on: May 31, 2012, 01:49:54 PM

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
LK
Terracotta Army

Reply #152 on: May 31, 2012, 07:22:00 PM

Predictions: Activision keeps COD (which has a bleaker future than when MW2 came out) and avoids any further embarrassing releases of confidential information (Destiny), exposed business practices, and potential reputation backlash, and West / Zampella & Co. likely get compensated for the trouble and can move on with their new projects and relationship with EA.

Not the Making Activision Their Bitch I was hoping for, and going out with a whimper, but it's better than other alternatives.

Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #153 on: May 31, 2012, 07:50:23 PM

COD (which has a bleaker future than when MW2 came out)
wat. Black Ops broke MW2's sales records, then MW3 broke BO's. Anecdotal evidence aside, the COD franchise has not lost any steam and I expect BO2 to continue the trend.

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
LK
Terracotta Army

Reply #154 on: June 01, 2012, 11:30:40 AM

Forgot about that, especially considering MW3 MP is my current gaming choice and my opinion that the gameplay is still super tight and that those maps are very high quality.

Wishful thinking on my part.

UnSub
Contributor

Reply #155 on: March 04, 2013, 08:46:03 AM

Because there's still some life here: West retires from Respawn Entertainment on family grounds.

UnSub
Contributor

Reply #156 on: June 19, 2013, 01:26:17 AM

Great Vanity Fair article on the whole thing.

Key points:

- Zampella and West appear to have pulled a similar process of taking a studio with them when they went from 2015 to Activision

- Zampella and West no longer get on personally

- Activision were trying to keep Infinity Ward tied to them while Infinity Ward was trying to break off as an independent studio

- Both sides come out looking grubby

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  News  |  Topic: There's a Story Here, Somewhere.  
Jump to: