Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 06:47:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Magic: The Gathering Online  |  Topic: going to give this a try... I think.... (damn florida laws) 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: going to give this a try... I think.... (damn florida laws)  (Read 5446 times)
Alluvian
Terracotta Army

on: January 11, 2005, 06:27:41 PM

I can't do any of the tournament stuff apprently as I live in florida which sucks ass.  Not living in florida, but not being able to do tourneys.

Anyway, I just started today and grabbed only TIX with my starter cash and am not finding any bots selling at better than 32-1 which I am told only chumps buy at.

So I don't have a single card to my name and I am getting pretty f-ing tired of twiddling my thumbs hoping for a trade.

Anyone got cheap cards they don't want?

I have found a few people selling complete common sets at good prices (4x 8th edition commons for 8 TIX for example) but they won't respond to tells or anything.  Highly annoying.

Others with full CoK for 2 TIX, but again totally unresponsive.

So all I can do is play in the training room like I could have done for free.

Without the fun of booster draft tourneys and such I am not sure if I am going to stick around or not though.  Right now I am annoyed at my empty cardbook.
Raging Turtle
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: January 20, 2005, 06:08:23 AM

32 cards-1 tix for commons, 16-1 for uncommons, and 2-1 for rares seems to be the standard right now.  And the first two options aren't bad at all for filling in new decks.  You can throw some fun decks together for 5 bucks or so, which isn't shabby.

There are also websites that deal exlcusively in magic online cards, and you can typically find a slightly better deal on those sites, especially for buying 4x sets of whatever.  Haven't used them myself, otherwise I'd give you some names.  

If you want a ton of free commons and maybe uncommons from OLS and Mirrodin block, throw me on your buddy list ("/addbuddy Raging Turtle", no quotes, ask an Adept for help if that doesn't work), and send me a private message - I've got a million extras from drafting that I don't mind giving away for free.
WindupAtheist
Army of One

Badicalthon

Reply #2 on: January 24, 2005, 10:36:03 AM

Magic tournaments are illegal in Florida?  What, is this part of some new anti-tool initiative?  *rimshot*

"You're just a dick who quotes himself in his sig."  --  Schild
"Yeah, it's pretty awesome."  --  Me
WindupAtheist
Army of One

Badicalthon

Reply #3 on: February 13, 2005, 12:20:40 AM

We should delete this forum and make a UO forum.  I guarantee it would see more activity than this, even if it was just me posting endlessly while everyone else told me to STFU.

"You're just a dick who quotes himself in his sig."  --  Schild
"Yeah, it's pretty awesome."  --  Me
schild
Administrator

Reply #4 on: February 13, 2005, 12:26:15 AM

We should delete this forum and make a UO forum.  I guarantee it would see more activity than this, even if it was just me posting endlessly while everyone else told me to STFU.

stfu....seriously.
AOFanboi
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: February 13, 2005, 12:43:09 PM

The reason there's so little discussion here is that MTGO is stable, it works, everyone plays by the same rules, and it's very casual friendly, having no monthly fee and whatnot.

What's wrong with that? Nothing.

Current: Mario Kart DS, Nintendogs
ZenScrotum
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: March 22, 2005, 07:26:15 PM

32 cards-1 tix for commons, 16-1 for uncommons, and 2-1 for rares seems to be the standard right now.  And the first two options aren't bad at all for filling in new decks.  You can throw some fun decks together for 5 bucks or so, which isn't shabby.

There are also websites that deal exlcusively in magic online cards, and you can typically find a slightly better deal on those sites, especially for buying 4x sets of whatever.  Haven't used them myself, otherwise I'd give you some names.  

If you want a ton of free commons and maybe uncommons from OLS and Mirrodin block, throw me on your buddy list ("/addbuddy Raging Turtle", no quotes, ask an Adept for help if that doesn't work), and send me a private message - I've got a million extras from drafting that I don't mind giving away for free.

Neg.   96/1 commons  32/1  uncommons  and 1-3/1 rares. Thats the basic formula. I tend to only buy my commons at between 128/1 to 160/1. Big unc lots are a little harder to find although in auction, you can find some big unc lots for cheap and if you pay attention to between lot spam, every three days or so, you can catch someone giving a good rate on uncs  i.e.  64/1 and possibly higher depending on how fast they need tix.  It's good to do your shopping on days with a lot of tourneys as people get desperate for tix and go lot crazy.
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #7 on: March 22, 2005, 08:14:39 PM

I found those rates only apply to "lower-quality" cards. Some Unc's are so good they are priced as high as 1-for-1 sometimes.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Johny Cee
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: March 22, 2005, 09:43:28 PM

I found those rates only apply to "lower-quality" cards. Some Unc's are so good they are priced as high as 1-for-1 sometimes.

Each set usually has a chase uncommon or two,  that'll get upwards of 4 or 5 tix for one.  Eternal Witness, Skullclamp (preban), etc.

Yah, lot quality tends to be a little dicey.  Now,  I pretty much use the 8 man drafts to pick up good commons/uncommons.  And, with a little luck,  you win at least one match so the cost is often pretty negligable.

Going to try and throw some (fairly) cheap and working type 2 decks this weekend.  If I'm not going bugfuck at work.  Having a couple of built "serious" decks means you can log on and find a few good games with no problem.
Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #9 on: April 11, 2005, 02:15:29 PM

Well, I got bored last night and downloaded the client. last time I think I played was during the beta for Magic Online, so its been a while. Picked up a starter deck, a few boosters, and a tourney pack for this silly ninja/samurai expansion.

I know people are just going to love playing me while they have to wait for me to read every card.. :P

User name is Bunktavious.

Let me know if anyone wants to dump off some commons.

"Welcome to the internet, pussy." - VDL
"I have retard strength." - Schild
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Magic: The Gathering Online  |  Topic: going to give this a try... I think.... (damn florida laws)  
Jump to: