Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 09:17:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Warhammer Online (Moderator: tazelbain)  |  Topic: Nordenwatch online! 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Nordenwatch online!  (Read 33365 times)
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #35 on: February 26, 2010, 06:38:07 PM

Since we are on the subject. I think part of the problem was the tiers. I know when I went from level 11 to 12 I felt like I turned from being a shit hit tier 1 to a rubbish tier 2. I imagine the trans to tier 3 was even worse.

And I loved Khaine'ss Embrace. That was a lot of fun.

Hmm.. its really giving me a missed opportunity vibe too, thinking about it now :(

Hic sunt dracones.
Ashamanchill
Terracotta Army

Reply #36 on: April 20, 2010, 05:49:15 AM

Haha! It's good to hear about Tor Anroc again. That scenario was the cause of one of my mouse's being destroyed. I'm not kidding. And I assume the only reason the kept it in was by some government regulatory body. You know, like how food has to print how much fat and gunk it has in it, well Mythic has to keep that shitfest to remind the few clueless chumps still playing that game of how bad it really is.

Nordenwatch was pretty fun as a scenario.  Too bad the rest of the game that they surrounded it with was shit.  I bet they did Nordenwatch first and then ran out of ideas.

Lol.

A poster signed by Richard Garriot, Brad McQuaid, Marc Jacobs and SmerricK Dart.  Of course it would arrive a couple years late, missing letters and a picture but it would be epic none the less. -Tmon
Cadaverine
Terracotta Army

Reply #37 on: April 20, 2010, 04:05:09 PM

Nordenwatch?  Feh.  Watching all of your team of retards run to the Lighthouse/Barracks to get camped into oblivion was just more than I could bear.  Reminded me way too much of Arathi Basin in WoW.

If they'd made it Gates of Ekrund, I'd play it till my fingers wore down to nubs.  Definitely my favorite scenario of Tier 1 & 2.  I liked that boat one that they had for a bit in T1, as well.

Also, fuck Khaine's Embrace.  Though, it was nice when you snuck around back, and stole the other teams flag.

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats.
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #38 on: May 03, 2010, 06:43:30 AM

I remember doing Gates of Ekrund with a few friends over and over at release.  It was awesome.  Why developers don't make more 5 or 10 man battlegrounds in small spaces is beyond me.  I hate larger maps where you run more than you fight.
raydeen
Terracotta Army

Reply #39 on: May 03, 2010, 07:48:49 PM

I think the only cool thing I remember about any of the scenarios was being shown how to flank the other team in Nordenwatch. One of the witch-elves led 3 or 4 of us up through the middle and under the bridge where we then took a left and ran a little path up to the main road on the Order side. They're busy fighting at the bridge while one of us sneaks back and takes their flag and the rest of us catch them from behind and proceed to make a slaughter sandwich.

Then I hit level 11 and the fun ended.

I was drinking when I wrote this, so sue me if it goes astray.
Soukyan
Terracotta Army

Reply #40 on: May 24, 2010, 07:25:36 PM

Nordenwatch?  Feh.  Watching all of your team of retards run to the Lighthouse/Barracks to get camped into oblivion was just more than I could bear.  Reminded me way too much of Arathi Basin in WoW.

If they'd made it Gates of Ekrund, I'd play it till my fingers wore down to nubs.  Definitely my favorite scenario of Tier 1 & 2.  I liked that boat one that they had for a bit in T1, as well.

Also, fuck Khaine's Embrace.  Though, it was nice when you snuck around back, and stole the other teams flag.

Yes. Gates of Ekrund and the Ironclad are awesome scenarios. Also, Reikland Factory is a nice small map with 4 cap points and is intense and has some tunnels and indoor battling, too. Thinking on it, there are quite a lot of fun maps. And yes, trying new tactics on the maps makes it so much fun. The combat feels so much better, too, if you use voice chat. Our guild runs RvR groups every night and using Vent, we stomp people in scenarios and open RvR. And when you encounter other guild groups who do the same as opponents, it makes for some really fun and challenging fights.

The beauty of it all is that you get to "know" your opponents and learn their styles. Makes for some good grudge matches and makes the competition more exciting.

"Life is no cabaret... we're inviting you anyway." ~Amanda Palmer
"Tree, awesome, numa numa, love triangle, internal combustion engine, mountain, walk, whiskey, peace, pascagoula" ~Lantyssa
"Les vrais paradis sont les paradis qu'on a perdus." ~Marcel Proust
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Warhammer Online (Moderator: tazelbain)  |  Topic: Nordenwatch online!  
Jump to: