Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:17:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Topic: Quirky show on BBCA 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Quirky show on BBCA  (Read 4008 times)
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Possibly the only user with more posts in the Den than PC/Console Gaming.

on: January 11, 2005, 03:52:46 PM

If you have ever worked in the restaurant business I recommend Ramsey's Kitchen Nightmares which is on tonight on BBC America if you get that channel. He is a big time chef in England and goes to restaurants that are in big trouble to try to turn them around in a wekk. It's entertaining because he basically goes in and swears at everyone all the time. Tough to describe, but as a former cook, it is a hoot.

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
Shockeye
Staff Emeritus

Skinny-dippin' in a sea of Lee, I'd propose on bended knee...

Reply #1 on: January 11, 2005, 03:55:51 PM

Quote from: Abagadro
If you have ever worked in the restaurant business I recommend Ramsey's Kitchen Nightmares which is on tonight on BBC America if you get that channel. He is a big time chef in England and goes to restaurants that are in big trouble to try to turn them around in a wekk. It's entertaining because he basically goes in and swears at everyone all the time. Tough to describe, but as a former cook, it is a hoot.

Chef! is also a good show albeit fictional.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: January 12, 2005, 02:44:03 AM

Be warned; like all shows of this type, don't watch it if you don't want a frank view of what can go on in Kitchens and restaurants.  Some of the stuff uncovered by Gordon was foul in the extreme.

Gordon Ramsay is a complete twat, but he's a good chef and this was a fine series when it was shown over here.  Worth a look.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
JMQ
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: January 12, 2005, 10:53:51 AM

I saw the one about the purple restaurant.  I liked that he took it to the owners over the lousy paint and overbooking on Mother's day.

Good stuff.

I want to play!
Hanzii
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: January 12, 2005, 12:59:43 PM

Quote from: Shockeye

Chef! is also a good show albeit fictional.

Yes, but you have to have been in the business or have someone close working in it to truly love it (which is probably why it didn't last).

The story might be fiction - but very true to life.
that scene where he berates a customer at length because the customer asked for salt ("I hate you more than you can possibly imagine! ")?
My brother - the chef - did that once.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
I would like to discuss this more with you, but I'm not allowed to post in Politics anymore.

Bruce
Shockeye
Staff Emeritus

Skinny-dippin' in a sea of Lee, I'd propose on bended knee...

Reply #5 on: January 12, 2005, 01:01:42 PM

Quote from: Hanzii
Yes, but you have to have been in the business or have someone close working in it to truly love it (which is probably why it didn't last).

True. Managing a restaurant for a year probably had something to do with my love of the show.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Topic: Quirky show on BBCA  
Jump to: