Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 08:55:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Finally a class worth taking.. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Finally a class worth taking..  (Read 1125 times)
LordDax
Terracotta Army

on: January 11, 2005, 10:41:17 AM

Heres a snippet from one of the classes offered at my uni.

Economics 456: Virtual Application of Advanced Economic Systems
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
In this capstone coure, students enrolled will study and discuss how economic systems are applied to virtual enviroments. Course will demonstrate the delicacies of internet commerce and impacts, technological ecnomic assistance of developing nations, and virtual test systems for economic theories. Course material will include Amazon.com quarterly reports, NASDAQ and DOWJONES webbased infrastructure technical manuals, "Virutal systems in a Realistic World" by Professor Schizink and LucasArts "Star Wars Galaxies" and "Star Wars Galaxies:Jump to Lightspeed". The latter two items will be used to test students economic theories that will be developed over the course of the semester. Theoris will include:inital development, resource expanision and collection, buisness profit model, market forecasting, competitive edge and other topics to be cover in class. Students may elect to work in teams after midpoint of semester. As with all capstone courses, please meet with your departments academic advisor before enrolling.

Type:Capstone/Graduate level course
Grading:4 point scale
Weight:3 credits
Quality hours:To be determined by professor
Class size: 20-30 students
Class length: 16 weeks
Course ID: CAP456
Call number: 3175918
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hmm...I wonder if using a pre-existing account with 2 mill in creds would be cheating or just smart buisness investment...

When the future doesn't appear to be the way you like it, re-invent it!
geldonyetich
Terracotta Army

The Anne Coulter of MMO punditry

Reply #1 on: January 11, 2005, 01:57:31 PM

Time to start on the autobiography,

"Everything I ever needed to know about economics I learned by catassing."

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Finally a class worth taking..  
Jump to: