Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:14:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  League of Legends  |  Topic: AP Ratio Thread, other useful links? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: AP Ratio Thread, other useful links?  (Read 9241 times)
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

on: January 29, 2010, 05:35:45 PM

« Last Edit: February 05, 2010, 03:30:29 PM by Hoax »

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
Prospero
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: January 29, 2010, 07:17:18 PM

Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #2 on: February 10, 2010, 10:52:38 AM

This is really cool, it changes the portraits during loading to the new art, I'm too lazy but the old art does look like total shit so somebody might want this:

http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=54499

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #3 on: February 24, 2010, 06:16:39 PM

How to create your own custom recommended items.
http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=61824

Basic stats, stacking and interaction questions
http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=3287

How to change the load art into the new art
http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=54499

-William Gibson
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #4 on: March 08, 2010, 12:44:20 PM

-William Gibson
Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: March 09, 2010, 04:46:26 PM

You sir, are my hero.

Sight wards in my last suggested item slot is just so full of win. (or not, after you buy one it doesn't ever show up again)
« Last Edit: March 09, 2010, 07:26:13 PM by Thrawn »

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the Universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
Kageh
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: March 10, 2010, 05:03:33 AM

Great suggestion, I keep reading guides but am still learning some champions so constantly have to refer back to the guides for the builds. Cheers Hoax for finding that out.

Kail
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: May 06, 2010, 11:09:09 AM

For those who haven't seen it: A comparison of Crit Damage Runes with Armor Penetration Runes (tl;dr = armor penetration runes will usually deal more damage than crit damage runes, even on a crit)

And, because I love numbers, a spreadsheet (for item cost efficiency)
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #8 on: May 06, 2010, 12:31:19 PM

What am I looking at with this spreadsheet exactly?

-William Gibson
Kail
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: May 06, 2010, 12:57:50 PM

What am I looking at with this spreadsheet exactly?

Each item is it's own row.
Each column represents the stats which that item gives.
Each stat (e.g. Ability Power) has a base item or two (e.g. Amplifying Tome, Blasting Wand) which give only that stat, and can be used to find a "gold value" of that stat (shown in column L).  The most efficient base item is then used to represent the "cost" of that stat.

For the non-base items, the sheet shows the cost it would take to "buy" those stats with gold.  For example, Brutalizer gives +25 damage, and cost 1337 gold (including all it's components).  A BF sword is the most efficient damage item, costing 37 gold per point of damage.  So, the "value" of the Brutalizer is 37 x 25 = 925 gold.  You pay 1337 for an item worth 925, so the item is about 412 gold more expensive than the stats it provides.   This is shown in column M.  Green entries being very efficient, red being very inefficient.

But when you buy a Brutalizer, it doesn't just do +25 damage, it also has other effects (15 armor penetration, 10% cooldown reduction), so you're basically "paying" 412 gold for those bonus effects.  The extra effects for the item you're paying for are listed in the "notes" column.

Some items have multiple entries because their stats change based on other values (like the number of stacks a Leviathan has, or the amount of time you've had a Rod of Ages).

One problem with this spreadsheet is it doesn't factor in mana or health regen.
LK
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: May 06, 2010, 01:34:23 PM

Yeah I feel like what it is hypothesizing is flawed. But it makes sense that the snowball items are the best when fully charged; if you've reached that point you've trounced the other team anyway.

"Then there's the double-barreled shotgun from Doom 2 - no-one within your entire household could be of any doubt that it's been fired because it sounds like God slamming a door on his fingers." - Yahtzee Croshaw
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Victim: Sirius Maximus

Reply #11 on: May 06, 2010, 02:01:16 PM

I had an idiot call me a noob for getting Mejai's on Singed. He sure shut up later when I was beasting everything in sight with 15+ stacks.

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
Prospero
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: May 06, 2010, 02:29:23 PM

I always forget to pick up Mejai's when I'm playing Singed. Given how infrequently I die I need to make a point of getting it. I'm not sure where I'll fit it into my build though; I like to have a space free for wards which really limits my item selection.

If I recall correctly Mejai's is the best AP per gold item at just 5 stacks, which is pretty easy to maintain.
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: May 06, 2010, 05:19:51 PM

It really is essential as long as you haven't been dying much. 5 stacks is even money, anything over that is gravy. And if you can't maintain 5 stacks as Singed, well....practice :)

It turns you into a late game force instead of just an initiator. I also like it right after rod of ages, cause it is cheap. If i have two kills and no loses early, I sometimes rush it to snowball.

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
Prospero
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: May 06, 2010, 05:37:35 PM

Yeah I routinely have 6-10/3-5/20+, so filling it is very doable. Generally I go mana crystal => catalyst => boots => RoA => move 3 boots => tank item => Rylai's => haunting guise. I think I can pretty safely get it before my move 3 boots.
schild
Administrator

Reply #15 on: May 06, 2010, 05:41:10 PM

It really is essential as long as you haven't been dying much. 5 stacks is even money, anything over that is gravy. And if you can't maintain 5 stacks as Singed, well....practice :)

It turns you into a late game force instead of just an initiator. I also like it right after rod of ages, cause it is cheap. If i have two kills and no loses early, I sometimes rush it to snowball.
I just walked all over a Singed with Mejai's and he had stacks.

Maybe it's because Singed is still just flat out mediocre? Might as well be Mundo or Jax if you just want to be hard to kill and do damage.
Prospero
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: May 06, 2010, 07:09:02 PM

Neither Mundo nor Jax can push a lane like Singed, and neither have a way to initiate that can match fling. ALso as SInged I can backdoor a tower sans minions with my ult. He may not be the best tank in the game, but played well he can hold his own.
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Reply #17 on: May 06, 2010, 10:30:13 PM

I just walked all over a Singed with Mejai's and he had stacks.

Maybe it's because Singed is still just flat out mediocre? Might as well be Mundo or Jax if you just want to be hard to kill and do damage.

Only time Singed is mediocre is when I'm drunk :) Like tonight. You think that Jax or Mundo compares on the initiation? They don't.

LK
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: May 06, 2010, 11:22:54 PM

To be fair, our team seemed to be made of paper. Once Rammus got rolling and taunting things improved a lot, but one Ace put us under.

"Then there's the double-barreled shotgun from Doom 2 - no-one within your entire household could be of any doubt that it's been fired because it sounds like God slamming a door on his fingers." - Yahtzee Croshaw
Prospero
Terracotta Army

Reply #19 on: May 06, 2010, 11:48:52 PM

Man Singed is awesome. I just had three games where I wrecked the other team repeatedly. Two of the three tried to run Mundo as their tank which was  lol worthy. Either Mundo would charge up to our team to initiate, and get poisoned/throw to my carries, or I'd run up and grab a carry and there was nothing Mundo could do to stop beside burn me a little with his angry flames. Without any form of CC Mundo is worthless for initiating.

Mundo and Kennen were a pain in the ass to lane against though. Kennen's speed makes it really hard to poison/toss the little fucker; either he runs away before you can approach, or he just sprints away after the toss. The fact he had cleanse made things doubly hard. The combo of flying cleavers and ninja stars is also unpleasant.
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #20 on: June 27, 2011, 08:29:21 AM

Necro

I've always wanted this to exist.

http://www.lol-patch.com

-Sona was overnerfed, several of her stats have been returned to what they were on release.
-Ez was buffed and it took 6 months for him to be smacked back down (some might remember when he could win any 1v1 in mid with just Q and no skill).
-Cass & Maoki seem to have never really been fine tuned. I wish the champ list could be ordered by champ release date.
-Heimer has a fuckton of changes including his remake.
-Lol Eve.

-William Gibson
Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #21 on: June 27, 2011, 08:34:48 AM

Nice find, didn't realize Alistars pulverize is a full second shorter than it was originaly. Duration has been nerfed 3 times. ACK!

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the Universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
ezrast
Terracotta Army

Reply #22 on: September 07, 2011, 10:20:56 AM

Has this been linked? http://rog.clgaming.net/blogs/just-atlanta/2743-lesser-known-mechanics-in-lol-part-one-animations-cast-queues-and-use-movement-prediction

If you don't feel like reading the guy's douchey writing, the short version is 1) Attack/cast animations can be made shorter by immediately performing another action (spell cast or right-click) after the cast, 2) The "use movement prediction" box is magical and you should check it.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  League of Legends  |  Topic: AP Ratio Thread, other useful links?  
Jump to: